Chapter 23

Destiny's Game (Season 2)

Chapter 23:

Soon they reached the hospital and went to Onew’s room. A member of SHINee was in the hospital, it’s been an everyday thing for people to crowd around idols and other stars who try to visit him after Onew’s confinement. “You guys came.” Onew said in great relief. “Onew hyung, how are you?” Key said and approached him. “I’m doing fine. I want to go out of this hospital soon though. I think having me here is a bother for other patients who wants peace and quiet.” Onew said.

“Hyung really…” TaeMin said. “Oh, MinHo’s not with you, as well as AeLin.” Onew said. “De…They’re still at the set filming some scenes.” JongHyun replied. He just nodded and sighed. The 3 looked at each other. “Hyung ah, do you want to know what happened in the set today?” Key said. “I sure would want that! I feel bad that I can’t be with them. But I guess replacing my role would be best.” Onew said. Because of Onew’s extended stay in the hospital the producers of the series The Lucky Ones decided to replace Onew with another actor.

Although this happened, Onew still thought of it as a good idea. “TaeMin ah.” Jjong said and looked at him. TaeMin shrugged and decided to tell what AeLin told him earlier. So it seemed like in the end TaeMin still got to listen to AeLin’s story. “AeLin told me that even though they woke up that early to leave for the shoot it was rather warm that early morning. Probably it was because of summer coming…” he started.

The members stayed there for almost an hour before they had to leave because of a schedule. “Hyung ah! We’ll be going now!” Jjong said as they got to the door. “De. Take care you guys!” Onew replied. As TaeMin was about to open the door someone from the outside took it first and happened to open it first. “Ommo! Sorry.” It was GaeYin. She had to do another check-up on Onew. “Oh! Noona!” TaeMin said and greeted her. “Oh, you still remember me? Annyeong hasaeyo.” GaeYin replied.

“We’re going now.” TaeMin said. “Is that so? Well then, take care okay?” GaeYin said and gave them a warm smile. TaeMin and Jjong went out the door first. “GaeYin ssi.” Key then looked at her and said. GaeYin then looked back at him and blushed. “Take care of him okay?” Key said and gave her a smile. “D-de…” she stuttered. Then Key went out of the room. Then GaeYin gave off a sigh and collected herself.

“Onew ssi, how are you doing?” she then went to Onew. “GaeYin ah, don’t be too formal towards me. Just call me oppa.” Onew said. “If that’s what you want.” GaeYin said and put down the basket she was holding. “It seems like Key caught you off guard once again.” Onew said. She got a bit shocked of what she heard but didn’t let it show. “Ah…uhm…I guess…” “Come on. Just admit that you like him. You two really look good together you know.” Onew said and forced a smile on his face.

“Onew oppa, please. You’re teasing me to him again. You do know I’m in love with someone else.” GaeYin said as she readied the injection. “Ah, who is it? You’ve been telling me that ever since last year. Come on!! Admit it, if it’s not MinHo, Jjong, or even our manager, its Key right? I see you blush whenever he’s around.” Onew said. GaeYin just giggled and didn’t answer. She then continued with her work and injected the medicine. “You’re cruel.” Onew joked and laughed.

“Come on! Give me a hint!! I’ll be leaving in two days. Come on.” Onew then whined and joked around. After injecting the medicine she looked at him, smiling. “A hint?” she said and got closer to him. She then gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. After that she then gathered up her things and left the shocked and frozen Onew. “I think…my heart might be in trouble again.” He said as she got out of the room and lay down with a wide smile on his face.

He looked at the ceiling and relived that moment once again in his mind. He closed his eyes in great ecstasy and covered his now read face with the blankets. Outside his room GaeYin leaned against the door as she got out. She sighed and looked up to the ceiling as well. “I think I overdid it.” She thought as she blushed, thinking about what happened earlier. Then she gathered up her senses and went to go on with her rounds.

For the next two days GaeYin didn’t go to his room to check up on him or give him medicine. A couple of different nurses went to him instead. “I wonder if it had something to do with that.” He said as he spent his last hours in the hospital alone. He was going to be discharged as soon as a SME employee comes to the hospital to fetch him and that’ll be 4 hours from now since it’s a busy day in the office. He was watching TV as he passed the time. The SHINee members, AeLin, and their managers couldn’t be there that day and would be greeting them in the house instead because of their schedule.

“Onew ssi, I’ll be taking off the dextrose from your hand now.” a nurse knocked and came in. He greeted the nurse with a warm smile. The nurse that came in was quite familiar to Onew as well as he saw the nurse a lot of times as he was in and out of the hospital. “WooGeun hyung,” Onew said. “It seems like you’re all better now.” He started to take off the masking tape that was attached to his hand so that the needle won’t move as much. “I guess I am. Thank you for your hard work, as always.” Onew replied.

As he was taking off the dextrose Onew went into deep silence. “Onew ssi, you’re awfully silent today.” The WooGeun said. “Uh, well…I’m just…nervous, about taking out the needle…it would hurt right?” he said. “Is it GaeYin?” the WooGeun said. Onew got surprised. “Well, right now she’s called day off because she’s feeling sick.” The WooGeun continued on what he was doing. “Huh? She’s sick? Where is she? Is she doing okay?” Onew said really worried. “There we go. The needle is out.” The WooGeun said and put the needle away. “It didn’t hurt now did it?” he added.

Onew looked at his hand a bit amazed and shocked. “Don’t worry though, my little sister is strong. A small fever won’t break her down.” he said and put a cotton ball with alcohol on his hand. “Sister?” Onew said. “Oh, come to think of it, if you look closer they do look quite alike. So this is the big brother she was talking about. I’ve known him as long as I’ve known her.” Onew thought. “Well, then, I’ll be off.” WooGeun said and prepared to leave. “Hyung!” Onew called out to him. He looked back to him. “Please…can you…please tell GaeYin to get well soon?” Onew said and nodded. GaeYin’s brother gave off a smirk. “I will.” He said and bid him goodbye.

Later that day someone knocked on the door. It was time for the SME representative to get him. “Come in.” Onew was sitting down on the bed, already changed, watching TV. “Oh hyung.” Onew said as he saw the SME representative come in. “Oh, you’re already changed. You should’ve waited a bit longer. I’ll go pack your things.” He said and went to the closet to get his things. “Oppa.” Then a familiar voice came. “AeLin ah!” Onew then got up and went to her.

“Oppa don’t stand up yet.” She caught him and let him sit down on the bed once more. “AeLin ah! You’ve grown up!!” Onew said and hugged her tightly. “Ah…oppa…it was just a week that we didn’t see each other.” She said as she choked because of the tight grip Onew has on her. “But still.” Onew said and hugged her tighter. “I…I…ah…I can’t bhhrhheeaaathhh…” she said and finally Onew let go of her. She took a deep breath and collected herself. “I’m sorry I only came to visit you 3 times the whole time you were here.” AeLin said. “No it’s okay. You’re busy and it can’t be helped.” Onew said. Soon they went back to the dorm as he was discharged from the hospital.

The next day was like any normal day. Onew woke up in his own bed in their dorm for the first time. “Ah…I feel good.” Onew said as he got up and went outside the bedroom. He then saw everyone gathered downstairs preparing breakfast. “Good morning Onew.” JinHyun said as Onew got down from the stairs. The others followed and greeted him a good morning. Onew felt really good about him going home and all that but he did feel bad about not being able to say goodbye to GaeYin.

            After breakfast they all went to shower up and then ready themselves for the schedule they’re about to have. SHINee was going to guest in a radio show except for MinHo since he’ll be filming the drama with AeLin. “How’s the drama going MinHo?” Onew went to sit beside him as they waited for TaeMin, Key, and AeLin who were still preparing upstairs. “I have to say it’s going quite well. Although the cold weather makes it a bit harder to work, since it’s almost Christmas and that the drama is already in its , we all did our best.” MinHo replied.

            It sure was the Christmas season as November is coming to an end. It was also near MinHo and AeLin’s first on-screen, and first ever kiss together! They don’t know about it yet though since the script to that part wasn’t given to them yet. Years ago, a fan club dedicated to TaeLin fans was created. The fanclub had over 50,000+ members, but because of the recent drama and the tremendous chemistry between AeLin and MinHo on screen, a MinLin fan club was also made. With the drama on-going, members are pouring in by the hundreds.

“First it was TaeLin, now there’s MinLin.” Key said. “I smell a rivalry being reborn, and I’m not just talking about the situation on air.” Onew said. “I wonder if they’ll be okay. We’re not teens anymore. It’s not like the old days.” JongHyun said.  “They will be. Let’s just hope that nothing serious turns up.” Key said. For that filming span AeLin and TaeMin didn’t quite have time to spend together. Although both are aware of the feelings of each other, it can’t be helped when they think about the consequences that lie ahead.

After what happened the night Ray suddenly visited their new dorm, nothing was heard from either him or his oppa yet. They still don’t know what’s going to happen. Because of the filming of th[e drama MinHo’s getting his chance also. He’s been making his moves for sure when the two of them are alone. She’s pretty much confused on what to do now, although, it is certain that she has special feelings for both TaeMin and MinHo. While everything is on hold both of them went back to their normal friend-enemy lives.