Chapter 18

Destiny's Game (Season 2)

 

Chapter 18:

(Still in Flashback)

            So then they started. MinHo, being the son of a soccer coach, taught her the basics of soccer. AeLin was good at TaekWonDo, she only went through 2 months of training before debuting, she was talented in song and dance, but soccer was another thing. It took her almost 2 hours to just learn the basics. They started to do drills and she was getting exhausted. “Why is this so hard?” AeLin said in between pants. “AeLin, it’s not hard, you’re just not used to it. Remember the times when you just started doing TaekWonDo.” MinHo said.

Then in the middle of doing drills AeLin laid down on the grass. “I can’t do this anymore! I’m tired!” she said in between pants. She closed her eyes and just felt her sweat drip down to the grass. She could hear MinHo’s footsteps come closer to her. Then she felt him lay down beside her. “Here you go.” Then MinHo gave her a towel. “How about you?” AeLin said. “Nah, it’s okay.” MinHo said. “Really oppa. You’re such a nice person. But why did you take me here? Is it because you wanted to play soccer with me?” AeLin said.

“I took you here for two reasons.” MinHo said. “Two reasons?” she said. “De, two reasons. One, I wanted to have some alone time with you.” He started. “Alone time? With me?” “If you’re at our dorm you would be too busy arguing with TaeMin so I can’t really talk to you. Whenever we’re together at work you would always be busy. We do talk but the other SHINee members are there.” MinHo said. “Well, if you wanted to talk privately, why not at my dorm? You know I can tell unnie to go out for a while. She’ll understand.” AeLin said.

            “It’s because TWO, I want to escape the remnants of me being a singer; an entertainer; a member of the boy group SHINee.” He said. “Escape?” she said. “Sometimes I just want to go back to my old life. The life I had before becoming a SHINee member.” MinHo started. AeLin listened. “I want to relive my life as a normal person.” Both of them were facing the stars up above. “Doing pranks and other silly stuff, having the chance to hang out with friends and cram for the tests the next day.” He continued.

            AeLin smiled. “Me as well. I want to live my life again with my friends back in the Philippines. To be honest, I want to speak the language which I learned to speak and use every day again. I have always wondered when I would be back to Philippines to be with them again.” AeLin said. “I brought you here because here is the only place I could picture my past. This soccer field was when I used to train with my father.” MinHo said. Then there was a period of silence.

            “What’s more is that, I would like to live like the other boys out there of my age. 19-year-old boys like me would normally be going out to parties and would probably have girlfriends.” MinHo said. “Girlfriends?” AeLin said and turned his head to the left and looked at him. Then MinHo turned his head to the right and faced her as well. There was a 5-inch distance between their faces. “De.” MinHo gave her a melting stare. “But, shouldn’t you love somebody first before having a girlfriend?” AeLin’s naive attitude didn’t melt from his stare. MinHo was surprised. That move never failed until now.

            He gave a small laugh. “De…you’re right I should.” MinHo said. “And I am.” He added. “You are? Really?” AeLin said. “Who? I want to know. Tell me!” AeLin shook his body from side to side. “You want to know? What if I said it’s you? What would you do?” MinHo said. AeLin who assumed her oppa was joking replied. “With that handsome face, I would tell you I have fallen in love with you ever since we met.” AeLin said. MinHo took a deep breath and sat up. AeLin followed. “Really? Ever since we met?” “Ever since I laid eyes on you!” AeLin replied.

Then MinHo gave her a quick kiss on the cheek. She froze. “What just happened?” she thought. “AeLin ah, be careful with your words. If you weren’t joking I might’ve done something more than that.” MinHo said. Then he stood up and extended his arm. “Come on let’s go. The others would be suspicious now.” MinHo said. AeLin snapped out of it and took his hand. They got the blanket and basket on their hands and began to walk back to the van. “AeLin ah, I’ve changed a lot because of you. I don’t know how but I changed really. I wanted to thank you at least; and I want you to know that I like you very much.” MinHo said.

            “Huh?” AeLin said and was quite shocked. Then MinHo grabbed her hand and pulled her close to him into a hug. “I’m not sure why I’m doing this but I’m glad that you’re here with me.” MinHo said. “O…oppa.” AeLin didn’t know what to do and just hugged back.

~End Flashback~

            “We really didn’t know.” WooYoung said. “So MinHo had an impact on you?” Jay said. “Hm, I don’t know. I’m confused!” She replied. “So he was like your first love here in Korea?” Taec said. “This is all so complicated.” She replied. “AeLin ah, it’s up to you to whom you want to choose, but I tell you, do it soon. It’s not forever that those boys are going to be SHINee. Don’t wait until it’s too late AeLin.” NichKhun said. Then AeLin’s phone rang. “Hello?” she answered the phone. “Where the heck are you?!” TaeMin yelled.

            “Ya! Stop yelling! My ear hurt!” AeLin yelled as well. The 2PM members got surprised and looked at each other smiling. They looked at AeLin who was smiling as well. “Ommo.” TaeMin replied. He gave off a laugh. “Look whose yelling!” TaeMin said obviously enjoying that moment where she went back to arguing with him. “Anyways, what do you want?” AeLin said. “Ya! How could you forget?! We have a recording to do!” TaeMin said. “Recording?” she said. “Where are you?” “I’m at 2PM oppa’s dorm.” She answered. “Okay, I’ll go there. Wait for me.” TaeMin said. “De.” AeLin replied then put down the phone.

“Oppa, I need to go.” AeLin got up and went to the door. “De. Be careful on your way.” They replied. “I guess that talk opened up something?” JunHo said. “I opened up something she was keeping close all along.” Khun replied. Then she went inside the van and went to Inki’s set. JinHyun, her manager, got her wardrobe they drove off to SBS. “I didn’t know we had to film today.” AeLin said. “It’s because you weren’t listening to me when I was dictating what the schedule was.” JinHyun said. “But wait, if TaeMin said there was going to be a recording, why did Key oppa and the others stay in the apartment?” AeLin said.

“Next time you should really listen. Today you will be performing the duet from your album with TaeMin. That’s your second promotional song.” SaeKo said. “What?! No wonder I forgot.” AeLin said. “I don’t want to duet with him in public! And what’s more is that the duet is a love song. No!” AeLin said. “AeLin ah, you have no choice.” SaeKo said. Then finally they got to the set. Rehearsals from other singers are already on their way. “Oh, there you are! Come here quickly!” a staff got her and rushed her backstage.

 “We’re going to rehearse now?” AeLin said. “De. You’re on next.” The staff said. Then she saw TaeMin beside her. TaeMin gave her a whack on the head when he saw her. “Ow! What did you do that for?!” AeLin said holding the painful part. “You big moron. You’ve been worrying all of us.” TaeMin said. “Yeah you’re worrying but you still hurt me.” She said. “I don’t even want to duet with you.” Both of them said at the same time. “Stop copying me.” TaeMin said.

“Copy you? Here’s what I’ll copy from you.” Then AeLin gave him a whack on the head as well. Then the two fought until they were called up on stage. While on standby they still argued. “If it wasn’t for the fans, I wouldn’t have sung this song with you.” AeLin said. “Who said I wanted to have a duet with you? I have other plans.” TaeMin said. “Other plans? So why do it now. Let’s not do this performance instead.” AeLin went to him.

            “AeLin what are you doing? Go back to your place.” TaeMin said. AeLin looked at him and just went back to her place. “We’re starting.” A staff said. “De.” TaeMin replied then he looked at AeLin who was kinda spacing out. So then they started. After their turn they were told to add more feeling to the performance. After that AeLin didn’t talk to TaeMin. “AeLin ah.” TaeMin went to her. She ignored him. DongWoon, who was beside AeLin in the waiting room, was listening in. “AeLin ah, talk to me.” TaeMin touched her arm. Then AeLin stood up and walked away.

“Oohh. What’s wrong? What happened?” DongWoon said. BEAST was also in the set that day. “It was like minutes earlier you were back to the old days and now…it’s back to the now days.” HyunSeung added. “I don’t know. She just became moody all of a sudden.” TaeMin said and sat beside the two. Eventually 3 days passed. The upcoming drama‘The Lucky Ones’ will have their cast finalization. This is the drama which Onew and MinHo are on. Of course, they still don’t know about AeLin being one of the casts as well.

It was on TV news where they found out that AeLin was also acting with them. “Why didn’t you tell us?” Key said. “Well…I wanted it to be a surprise.” AeLin replied. “Ah! AeLin is going to be an actress!!” JongHyun was somehow lively that night. “So you’re going to be with Onew hyung and MinHo right?” Key said. “De.” she answered. “What’s your role anyways?” TaeMin said. “She plays the girl who is also starring in the series.” Onew said. “You mean the one MinHo hyung is going to end up with?” TaeMin said. “Hm. De.” Onew answered.

TaeMin silenced for a while and they changed topic quickly. Filming was going to start the next month so they still have the whole of October to be free. October 18; it was AeLin’s 25th birthday. This time there was only a small celebration since the groups that used to celebrate with her already disbanded. She was with 2PM and SHINee. They were at a restaurant eating food. “Sangil Chukha Hamnida AeLin.” They all said. “Kamsa hamnida!” she replied.