The Mission

My Detective Fan

 

Chapter 1
 
No one's POV
"Yah! Eun Jin-ah! Congratulatioooooons!" Woohyun glomped at your back while you were walking towards your desk.
 
"We solved another case! Woah! We work fast!" He cheered with a big grin in his face. 
You shrugged him off and ignored him. Suddenly, Everyone in the quarters applauded and cheered. You bowed slightly and smiled. The chairman was now walking towards the both of you.
 
"Congratulations detectives, you guys did a great job on arresting Mr. Goo" He shook your hands.
 
"Thank you Sir." You bowed. "Nah ~ it was pretty simple Sir!" Woohyun interrupted, and took Mr. Kang's hand and shook it.
 
You rolled your eyes and headed to your desk after receiving praise from your co-workers. Woohyun continued to boast around how you guys got the drug lord who was powerful for how many years now. You leaned your back on your chair and smiled for accomplishing another mission. 
 
-------------------
 
After how many days, while working on some papers, Woohyun was running towards you. You sigh at his childish actions.
 
"The chairman wants us!" Woohyun excitedly told you. You got up from your sit and followed him. You knocked at the Chairman's door and opened it. You saw Mr. Kang talking to someone and bowed to them.
 
"Oh! Detective Han and Detective Nam, sit down." Mr. Kang offered and the both of you sat down opposite to Mr. Kang's guest.
 
"Mr. Lee, these are my best detectives here, Detective Han, and her partner Detective Nam." Mr Kang introduced the both of you.
 
You just bowed again and greeted him.
 
"It's nice to meet the both of you." Mr. Lee said.
 
"Mr. Lee has a problem and I'm assigning this mission to you. Mr Lee will explain it to us so I called the both of you here." You gazed at Mr Lee who seems to be bothered.
 
"Well then, Let me introduce myself first, I'm Lee Soo Man, SM Entertainment's Chairman." he paused for a while and put his drink down at the center table. "I was quite worried to some news and reports that I was receiving for how many weeks now."
 
Your face turned serious and listened to him carefully.
 
"I've been receiving some reports about fans getting hurt."
 
"Well....." Woohyun started. "Aren't fans like that? They hurt each other just to see their idols?" Woohyun tried to joke around. You glared at him and he awkwardly chuckled and lean back.
 
"What's the reports about?" You asked him full of curiosity.
 
"Fans of exo were being attacked lately, base from some cases, they were being attacked after going in a fan meetings, concerts or showcases. The fans who were attacked was usually the ones who interacts with the boys." Mr Lee continued.
 
"When you say, interact, what do you mean?" You asked. Digging deeper at the case.
 
"Some of the victims said that they won on raffles, or got to talk to exo. Some even said that one of the boys just complimented her."
 
"complimented?" Woohyun questioned.
 
"Did the attacker said anything?" You were now getting ideas of the attacker's intention.
 
"Yes, the attacker said something, and the victims all said the same thing..." Mr Lee trailed off.
You listened carefully while he looked at the three of you. Mr Kang was also getting it now. Woohyun leaned in.
 
"The attacker said to stay away from EXO, or else they'll die just like the others." Mr Lee finally spoke.
 
Everyone paused for awhile to think. You thought about what he said. 'just like the others'. Your eyes widen a bit realizing that it has killed someone already. 
 
"Is the attacker alone?" You asked.
 
"I believe no, some said they were attacked by a group of guys." Mr. Lee answered.
 
You were now getting ideas. Except... for some questions. You looked at Woohyun who is still puzzled. You guys talked about the details more, after sometimes, Mr Lee had already told you everything he knows.
 
"The attackers' intentions are clearly seen Mr Lee, I'm sure these detectives can help." Mr Kang assured.
 
"We'll do our best to help you Mr Lee."Woohyun smiled and reached for Mr Lee's hand. They shook hands and same goes to you
and Mr Kang.
 
 
------------------------------------------
 
Meanwhile, exo was on the way to their next schedule.
 
"Hyuuuuuunng ~ " Sehun called Suho who's sitting beside the driver's seat. Suho looked through the mirror and smiled at his dongsaeng.
 
"Aren't we going to eaaaaat ~ ?" Sehun whined while holding his stomach. Suho looked at their manager and asked him if they could stop for a while to get some food.
 
"You guys have an hectic schedule today, we can't afford to stop." Their manager said. Everyone frowned of annoyance. Kai rolled his eyes and leaned his head backwards. He closed his eyes and thought for a while.
Kai was sitting near the van's door, next to him was Baekhyun and D.O.
 
"YAAAA! What are you doing?!!" D.O screamed and everyone shot alert. Kai opened the door without a signal. The manager stopped driving.
 
"We're hungry. We need to eat." Kai bluntly said and looked at his manager with a poker face.
 
"Aisssh. This kid. Good thing I was driving slow or else we'll have to go to the hospital." Their manager worriedly said. Kai hopped down the van. The exo members looked at each other.
 
"Well... I'm hungry." D.O said then went down passing through Baehkyun. Baekhyun blinked in innocence then shrugged it off. He followed D.O and all the exo followed.
 
"Kyaaaa! Hyung is so cool back there!" Sehun grinned at Kai. They were now sitting, waiting for their food.
 
"But you wouldn't be cool if you fell back there and rolled like a ball." Suho shook his head in disapproval. Everyone laughed imagining Kai, rolling on the floor. Kai slightly smiled.
 
"We got 15 minutes guys." Their manager said. Everyone instantly felt down and just agreed. 
 
Fans are starting to notice them. They were now giggling, seeing exo, at the restaurant. Some fans are taking pictures of them. Exo was used to this already so they didn't mind. 
Kai was leisurely looking outside. He was feeling bored and hungry at the same time. Kai spotted a fan looking at him and suddenly smiled. Kai smiled back to the fan and he can see how the fan was so happy to meet him. He looked away when the food was now placed in front of them. Kai looked back at the fan but the fan wasn't there anymore. Kai thought the fan already left so he just started to eat.
 
After eating, Exo headed to their next schedule with a full stomach. They went to their schedules on that day without a rest. After their schedules, exo was feeling all exausted. They went back to the dorm late.
 
"Waaaaaaa ~ Poor girl." Chanyeol said watching the news on the TV. Sehun plopped down at the couch, Baekhyun sited beside Sehun then D.O sat at the floor. Suho was on the kitchen while Kai was walking towards them.
 
"The girl is badly beaten up hyung, I don't wanna see it." Sehun sadly said and hid under Baekhyun's arm. Chanyeol patted the sit on his right for Kai. Kai sat down and glanced at the tv. He was drinking energy drink that time and almost spit it out when he saw the girl's face on tv.
 
"Yaaah! Careful there Jongin!" Chanyeol worriedly said and patted Kai's back." Kai sat up staright with wide eyes.
 
"That girl." Kai pointed at the tv.
 
"You know her?" Suho said who came out of the kitchen with a tray of 6 hot chocolates. He passed it to them and took a sit.
 
"I... I saw her earlier." Kai trailed off, eyes not leaving the screen. Kai was more sure when the tv showed the girl's ID.
 
"saw her?" Chanyeol asked.
 
"Yeah. She's a fan of us." Kai slowly said and leaned his back to the couch.
 
"Ahhhw ~ Then poor us! A noona got beaten up" Sehun pouted.
 
Everyone sipped in their hot chocolates and continued to watch the news. Kai was in deep thought. It was bothering him since he just met the fan earlier and now he's seeing her again on the news. Kai is thinking of the possibilities why was the girl attacked. *does it have a connection with us? or just plain coincidence that I saw her earlier?.* Kai thought.