Arrogant Jerk

My Superstar

The next morning, you met up with Jinhye at the subway before heading to work together. You had specially set your alarm earlier by 2 hours so that you had plenty of time to get ready.

 

Yawning tiredly you trudged along behind Jinhye. Tired wasn't even a word to describe you at that moment. You had been stoning and dozing off throughout the whole journey. 

 

"Ya, Yewon ah, at this rate you'll get fired before you even start working." Jinhye turned her back to look at you.

 

She offered her arm and you looped yours around hers loosely. You patted yourself on the cheeks and gave a loud huff.

 

Park Yewon! You can do this! I just have to endure this for the rest of summer! Hwaiting!'

 

To add on to your weirdness, you had to do the fighting sign. Your best friend looked at you unbelievably and walked ahead, dragging you along. After walking past shops that were getting ready to start the day, the both of you finally reached your destination.

 

You stared in awe at the sight in front of your eyes, mouth slightly agape. "Wow, Jinhye ah, this place..."

You paused for a moment before breathing out. "It's perfect."

 

The shop had an absolutely breathtaking exterior. There was a sign that said 'Broken Records' at the side, decorated with floral patterns and designs. Little statues were positioned all around it and the windows had posters of various Kpop groups stuck on it. 

 

It was weird, in a way. Having an antique shop selling Kpop albums? No, that definitely didn't seem normal. But then again, who said that your aunt was? Abnormality ran in your family. 

 

You ran your hands across the beautiful engravings on the wooden pillars and sighed. A moment ago, you were just dreading the entire summer but now it seemed like you couldn't even wait to get started. 

The bell above your head rang as the door opened, only to reveal your gorgeous aunt.

 

"Oh Yewon ah! You're here already?"

 

"Ne, annyeong Miri auntie," you replied with a slight bow.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Jinhye. Yewon's friend." Jinye bowed along with you.

 

"Aigoo, no need for the formalities dear. We're family if you are Yewonnie's friend." Your aunt flashed a gentle smile at Jinhye and gestured for you to come in. 

 

As expected, the interior was likewise, equally jaw-dropping. You weren't kidding. The interior was lush and inviting. It had a calm atmosphere that attracted you nonetheless. 

 

"Girls, just leave your bags down in the rest area for staff. I'll be back with a list of things to be done today alright?" You aunt trailed off and disappeared behind a forest of shelves. 

 

The two of you explored the shop and finally came to the rest area. Sofas were placed near the side and a coffee table was situated in the middle of the room. There was a coffee bar and a magazine rack. Along with a whole collection of Kpop albums that were encased by a ginormous shelf. You weren't an ultimate fangirl but you could recognise a few famous groups that were stuck on the walls. Super Junior, DBSK, SNSD, SHINee and a few others. You admit, your aunt was amazing enough to incorporate Kpop with antiquity. You didn't think it was possible until today.Your aunt came back with the list as promised and within minutes, you were already packing albums and posters. Jinhye was a math genius so she was helping with the accounts in the office upstairs.

You hummed to yourself softly as the music played, carrying boxes from the storeroom to the shelves. 

 

Just then, you hear the bell ring and you turn yourself around to greet the customer only to find yourself pinned up against the shelf.

 

"Wel-"

 

"Do me a favour, keep quiet until the people outside leave. Please?"

 

Your breath hitched at your throat and you looked up at the stranger who had so conveniently tackled you to the shelf. You were prepared to glared at his side view.He was anxiously looking outside with fear evident in his eyes. 

 

You hissed loudly in pain and stomped on his feet. Sure you were friendly and sorts, but to have a stranger pin you up against a wall and not to mention being too close for comfort? Hello, of course you had to show him your fabulous skills. Hell, you were a lean mean fighting machine. He yelped back in pain and bit his lips while hopping around on one foot. His arms loosened against your wrist and you yanked them back.

 

"What was that for?!" He spluttered. 

 

"For being a ert!" You snapped and gave him a scorching look, eyes narrowing at the same time.

 

The guy glowered at you. "Me?! ert? Are you crazy? Even a pole has nicer curves than you do." He scoffed.

 

Suddenly both of you heard a high pitch scream from outside. 

 

"KYAAAAA! BAEKHYUN OPPA'S INSIDE!"

 

You stared bewildered at her actions and was confused. 'Baekhyun? Who's Baekhyun?' You glanced surreptitiously at the guy in front of you. 'Is his name Baekhyun?' You wondered, still slightly annoyed by his presence.

 

"Hey," you tapped him lightly on the shoulder. "Your girlfriend's looking for you outside."

 

He furrowed his eyebrows worriedly and  his dry lips. You couldn't help but stare at his perfect lips. It was the first time you saw his face properly and you gawked at the being before you. His face perfectly chiseled, cheek bones high and his nose adding onto his perfection. His skin was smooth with no flaws and his dark orbs were intensifying. 

 

The silence was broken when many other girls started running towards the shop. The guy's eyes widened and he grabbed your arm, dashing out of the shop. "  ." He muttered as the both of you glanced back at the horde of girls chasing you guys. 

 

You struggled to keep up with his pace and he began tugging you along. The both of you came to a corner when he finally stopped, certain that it was safe. You gave the guy a crazed look and kicked his shin while placing your arms at your hips. 

 

"ARE YOU CRAZY?!" You snarled. "Why did you drag me out here for! I was in the middle of my job and you, you, you  you!" You roared, clearly irritated.

 

"Well I'm sorry I wasn't ready to be murdered by those fangirls at such a young age!" He retorted, unfazed by your anger.

 

"Psh, fangirls? A skinny stick like you with no appeal has fangirls? Oh you must be kidding me Prince Charming." You rolled your eyes at his words and exclaimed sarcastically. 

 

To your surprise, he smirked and moved closer to you. His breath on your cheeks as he leaned down. 

 

You could feel your heart beat faster by a million and you flushed hotly at his intimacy.

 

"Darling, I'm sure you'll be one of them by tomorrow." 

 

He turned on his heels and walked away, leaving you behind looking like a mad woman. 

 

"Ugh, how dare he! Arrogant bastard! I hope I never see you again!" You spat sourly, disgusted by the guy's huge ego.

 

Little did you know that this was just the beginning of the love about the bloom in the midst of summer.

 

 

Sorry for being really slow at updating~ I hope you do give comments on how I can improve this story further! ^^