EARTHQUAKE?!

My First Love Went A Little Like This

"Ok! Class will end here! Remember to hand in your assignment by next Friday. Late submission will not be entertained. Araso?" Professor Lee said.

"Ne!" The class started groaning and complaining while I continued packing my bag.

"Se Rin, have you completed your assignment given by Professor Lee?" Joon Woo, my classmate, asked.

"Ne! Completed!" I smiled.

"Can you help me with the assignment? I will treat you to a movie. Are you free today?" He asked me.

"Mianhae! Today I have to work at my appa's restaurant because one of his staffs is sick. If you don't mind, you can come to my dad's restaurant and I will help you whenever possible." I replied.

"Jinjja? Ok! Let's go then!" Joon Woo and I left the lecture hall together.

~~~~~~

"Se Rin-ah, this is for table 2!" Man ahjusshi shouted from the kitchen.

"Ne! Coming!"

This was how the business was like during lunch and dinnertime. This was also the business maintained by my appa in memorial of my deceased umma because umma was the one who encouraged appa to start this ramyeon restaurant.

"Se Rin, there is customer at the counter!" Appa shouted from the ramyeon-making room.

"Ne! I'm on it!" I ran to the counter to help out at the cashier. "Kamsa hamnida! Total will be KRW 6,000."

Once lunchtime was over, all of us could finally take a breather. I went over to Joon Woo's table to check on him. "How's your assignment coming up?"

"I'm sorry to bother you even when you are so busy." Joon Woo said apologetically.

"Gwenchana! I should be the one apologizing because I didn't help you much." I said.

"You did! So long you are here with me, I will feel motivated to do anything!" I was stumped by his sudden confession.

"Rinnie baby!" A familiar voice came from behind. I turned to see Eunhyuk sauntering into the restaurant.

"Rinnie baby?" Joon Woo muttered.

Eunhyuk wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "How's your day?" He whispered into my ear.

"Good!" I smiled.

"Errr... Se Rin, I got to go now! Annyeong!" Joon Woo packed his bag in his fastest speed and left the restaurant.

"Eunhyuk-ah, if Se Rin can't get married, I'm going to hold you responsible!" Appa came out of the kitchen.

"Sung Woo appa, don't worry! I will choose the best guy for her!" Eunhyuk chuckled.

"Why are you here?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Mwo? Can't I visit my Rinnie baby?" Eunhyuk talked in his sweetest voice.

"Yike! Don't make me vomit! I don't wanna get killed my Minhee unnie!" I mehrong.

"Oh! My Minhee darling is on tour now and most importantly she dotes on you so much. She won't bear to kill you!" Eunhyuk chuckled.

~~~~~~

Eunhyuk had been my friend since high school. He was my senior at that time and he was the only guy friend that I would always confide my problems to. He was quite a protective friend oppa too. Whenever I have classmates or schoolmates confessing to me, he would always jump in to help me in such awkward situation.

His beautiful girlfriend, Choi Minhee, was a model. She was a protective unnie too. I got to know her through Eunhyuk when they first got together. She was also the one who suggested of getting Eunhyuk to act as my boyfriend whenever a confession happened. They never fail to make me smile.

~~~~~~

Knowing that our restaurant was shorthanded, Eunhyuk offered to help out for dinnertime. Luckily Sehun was also back from school, he came to help out too. When dinnertime was near, people came gushing into our restaurant.

Everything seemed normal until there was an outburst at one of the tables. "Yah! Do you know how expensive is my suit?"

"Jesong hamnida! Jesong hamnida!" I saw Sehun kept apologizing to a man.

"What happened?" I went over to that table.

"Your clumsy staff spilled the ramyeon soup on my branded jacket!" The man with ravern black hair yelled.

"Sehun, is it true?" I put my hand on his shoulder.

"What do you mean by is it true? Are you trying to say I am telling lies?" The man hollered, causing everyone in the shop to look at us.

"Sir, I don't mean that! I'm just trying to hear from both sides. I hope you understand." I explained.

"Fine! Boy, explain to her then!" He shouted at Sehun.

"Hey! Don't have to shout! I can ask him myself." I threw a glare at him before turning to Sehun. "Sehun-ah, look at noona and tell me what happened just now."

"I... I... was trying to serve the ramyeon when this mister was on his phone. Just... as I was about to place the bowl on the table; he turned and knocked on the bowl. This was how the soup was spilled on him." Sehun explained with stammer.

"I'm sorry, sir! I apologized on behalf of my brother. We will pay for the dry cleaning cost of your jacket." I said calmingly.

"Good! I like your service attitude. I will send the bill to your shop then." He grabbed his briefcase and left the restaurant.

"Noona, he has yet to pay for the ramyeon!" Sehun tagged my sleeve.

"Forget it, Sehunnie! I don't want to quarrel with such unreasonable person any further." I squeezed a smile.

"Sehun-ah, clean up the mess!" Appa came out from the kitchen. "Se Rin-ah, well done! I love the way you handle the situation. Good! Appa is very proud of you!" Appa patted my shoulder.

"I'm doing this for the sake of other customers in the shop. I don't want them to be affected by that unreasonable fellow." I said. "But we still need to pay for the dry cleaning cost for the jacket." I let out a sigh.

"Gwenchana! At least we don't have to pay for the whole jacket right?" Appa chuckled.

"I'm back!" Eunhyuk came back from delivery. "What did I just miss?" He had this confused look on his face.

"Nothing! It's not an nice show anyway!" I scoffed.

"Ahhh! Tell me tell me tell me!" He started chanting at my ear.

"Not again! Stop your hyukkie chant!" I covered my ears and ran to hide from him.

~~~~~~

After a long day at the restaurant, we were finally done with the cleaning and headed back home.

Just as I was lying on my bed waiting for the attack of the sleepy worms, I felt my bed shaking.

"Ehh... Am I hallucinating? Why is my bed shaking?"

"Noona! Noona! Did you feel something?" Sehun came running into my room.

"Mwo? You feel it too?" I got up from my bed.

"Ne! My bed is shaking!" Sehun started shrieking.

"Let's go find appa!" I took his hand and walked towards the master bedroom.

"Appa!" Both of us kept knocking on the door.

"What happen?" Appa came out rubbing his sleepy eyes.

"Appa, our beds are shaking! Is there an earthquake? Look!" Sehun pointed at the swaying chandelier.

Just then we heard the smashing of glasses, I ran down to see all the porcelain vases and wine glasses shattered on the floor.

"!" I cursed.

"Se Rin, let's get out of the house quick!" Appa urged.

The shaking of the whole house started to get severe and even the cabinet started falling down. "Se Rin, bring Sehun with you! I will go get the family photo." Appa shouted and went upstairs again.

"Appa! Don't!" I tried to stop him but it was too late. Sehun was clinging on me tightly.

"Come! Let's go out and wait for appa!" We ran out of the house before those cabinets came tumbling down on us.

People from the neighborhood began gathering outside our house due to the commotion. "Appa!" Sehun kept shouting.

"Calm down! Sehun! Appa will be alright!" I tried calming him down but I was also freaking out deep inside myself.

Loud cracking was heard and I saw the wall on the second level started collapsing. This was also when I snapped. "APPA!"

I wanted to run into the house but was stopped by an ahjusshi. "Don't go in! It's dangerous!"

"No! My appa is still inside!" I screamed and struggled.

"Look! He is out!" I turned to the direction he pointed and saw my appa came running out with the family photo in his arms.

"Appa!" Sehun and I ran into his embrace.

"Don't cry! Appa is here!" Appa said with a trembling voice.

In split second, our two-storey house had become a leveled ground. "Why is it only our house collapsed?" Sehun asked with an innocent look.

For a moment, we were stumped by his question. We just went "Errr..." until the police came to us.

~~~~~~

No one's POV

Next morning

"Yeobo! Look at the news! Did you feel any tremor yesterday? The earthquake yesterday caused a family of three to lose their home." A bespectacled man told his wife.

"Really? I didn't feel anything at all." The elegant lady with long wavy hair answered.

"This is Lee Taeyeon reporting at the site. It was reported that the family of three felt..."

"Omo! It's Sung Woo hyung! Look!" The man pointed at the screen showing a man in his fifties hugging his children, crying.

"Omo! It's really Sung Woo oppa!" The lady gasped.

"Let me call the TV station now!" The man picked the phone and started dialing.

~~~~~~

A big thank you to my one and only subscriber to this fic.

Sorry to make you wait for so long!

I hope this chapter is not a disappointment to you! ^^