Such A Stalker!

Stay By My Side

 

A/N: College life is hard. I'm very busy with school and my exams are coming real fast so I'm not gonna update until Mid-May. Gotta study hard! I have a month to revise well. Sorry for the incoveniance , hope you guys will understand. I'm not forgetting this story though! :)

 

Chapter 4: Such a stalker!

 

“What was that between Hyun Joong and you, last night?” Yoo Ah In asked as he entered the shop startling her as she was making coffee.

 

“Good morning to you too.”

 

“Good morning. So, what was that?”

 

“What was what?” So Min asked nervously, trying to think of another subjet to avoid this particular one.

 

“I’m not blind. I saw you too. Hyun Joong was having his smug smirk each time he was looking at you and you were redder than my brother when he’s drunk and trust me, that’s something.”

 

So Min sighed. Last night was what she would call a disaster, on her part anyway. Hyun Joong had seemed to enjoy himself a lot last night, unlike her. She had felt his eyes burning into her head all the time. He had mercilessly, seeming to enjoy seeing her too embarrassed and shy to answer him, in the edge of a shameless flirtation. 

Worse, his friends had looked at them funnily though Hyun Joong completely ignored them, all of his focus on her.

 

She grimaced as she remembered a particular moment when everyone went to dance. Everyone but her and Hyun Joong that is. Ah In had looked suspiciously at them but didn’t say anything.

For a moment, they had sat in silence watching the others dancing. A few courageous women had asked flirtatiously Hyun Joong to dance but he declined them all. The women had glared nastily at her (like it was her fault) and had gone away.

 

She turned her head to him.

 

“Don’t feel obliged to stay with me, Hyun Joong-sshi. You should go enjoy yourself at the dance floor.”

 

“It’s okay. I don’t feel like dancing tonight.” He said, smirking.

 

So Min wondered what possessed her to think he had a dashing smile. He unnerved her and if she wasn’t such a pacifist at heart, she would have gladly punched him to make him swallow down his smirk. Maybe it was the club atmosphere.

 

“Well, I think I could have a little more drinking.” She stood up to leave, only to be stopped by his teasing tone of voice.

 

“Talking about drinking, I do remember you saying you would be more than obliged to be my waitress if I ever came to the café. I hope you work on Monday morning. By the way, the cake was delicious although a bit melted by all of this heat outside.”

 

She spun around, glaring.

“I’m sure my boss will be delighted to know you liked it. And please, do come. I wouldn’t want to be the one who prevent you from enjoying delicious cake. I’ll be sure to serve you the best and most delicious sweet cake you’ll ever get to eat on a Monday morning.”

 

“That sounds like a promise.”

 

She huffed and left him chuckling to himself.

 

**

 

“Earth to So Min? Still there?” Ah In waved his hand in front of her face.

 

“Hm? Yeah, sorry, was lost in thought.”

 

Ah In exhaled deeply. “Look, it’s obvious there’s something between Hyun Joong and you. He obviously likes you and you him. You don’t want to talk about it? It’s fine really. He’s a great guy after all. One of my best friend. But I still have to tell you something about him.”

 

“What? He has a bipolar personality? Or he’s actually an alien waiting to return home with his ship full of green little being? And I don’t like him!”

 

He looked at her oddly. “No, not really. Just that when he really really likes someone, he can be a real persistant man. He’ll pursing you retentlessly. So beware of that. It can be really tiring for you and for all his friends.”

 

“Even better, he’s a stalker!”

 

Ah In smiled fondly at her. “A little. But he’s a nice stalker. Trust me, I know a lof of girl who’d love to have him stalking them. Ah gotta go. So Eun’s waiting. Bye!”

 

“Bye! Tell her I say hello!”

 

**

 

So Min was cleaning the table deep in thought.

So Kim Hyun Joong was a non convetionnal nice stalker. He didn’t seem to be dangerous per se, with his dashing smile and sparkling eyes; he was just a really really handsome man and the guy knew it. Knew it very well. And she was sure he wasn’t shy to use his charms.

She narrowed her eyes as she thought of the night before.

The man she met at the club was the opposite of the sweet man she talked to in the afternoon. Like day & night. Two completely different people. Damn his annoying smirk. It was clear now. The guy was the devil disguised.

 

So deep in thought, she didn’t feel a man approaching her until too late.

 

“I think the table is clean now, So Min-sshi” He whispered in her ear.

 

Startled, she jumped a few feet away, a hand on her chest. The man straightened, with an evil boyish smirk.

 

“You!” She pointed her finger accusatory.

 

“Me.”

 

“Don’t scare me like that. I almost had a heart attack.”

 

“It was too tempting.” Hyun Joong shrugged and sat down looking at her expectingly.

 

“I told you I was coming anyway. So? Where’s my best and most delicious cake you promised me?”

 

“Sell out. It’s not the best cake for nothing. Should have come earlier.”

 

His smile flattered a bit disappointed. “Too bad. I was really looking forward it. What do you suggest?”

 

So Min opened about to answer when Ah In’s brother came from the kitchen and noticing Hyun Joong, he greeted him enthusiastically.

 

“Hey Hyun Joong! How’ve you been? Your usual I guess?” So Min raised her eyebrow as Hyun Joong looked at Jun Hoon obviously displeased.

 

“Your usual?” So Min asked, holding her little paper ready to take the order smirking.

 

“Yeah. Give him a cup of coffee, unsweeted. He doesn’t like sweet things. Did you give your mother the cake Hyun Joong? I hope she liked it.”

 

“Oh? You don’t like sweet food? How funny.” So Min said to an uncomfortable Hyun Joong .

 

“Be right back” And she left the two men alone, one displeased at the turn of events and the other confused.

 

“Huh? Did I say something wrong?”

 

**

 

So Min was really beginning to wonder if he was stalking her. Since Monday morning, Hyun Joong had been religiously coming at the café every morning. Well more precisely, he always came during her shift. How did she know? The other waitresses were complaining that he never came when she wasn’t there. But how could he know her schedule? Even better (or worse) was that he refused to be serve by someone else other than her. The nerve that guy had was astonishing. As if he was the owner!

 

It was Friday evening, she was the only waitress left but the café was almost empty except for one customer.

 

‘Or rather stalker’ She thought darkly. Determined to let him know she understood his game, she walked toward him.

 

She sat in front of him, eyes narrowed, noise flaring.

He watched her while eating his cake.

 

“You don’t like sweet things. Why are you still eating it?”

 

“So I can like it in the future.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I eat it right now so my tongue gets used to it and then I hope someday I can it eat without wanting to throw up. I’m testing my sweet food intolerance.”

 

“You’ll just end up sick with diabetes at worst.”

 

“I’ll be careful.” He smiled at her, eyes sparkling with playfulness.

 

Silence.

 

“Are you stalking me?”She asked abruptly

 

“Why do you say that?”

 

“You’re always here.”

 

“No I’m not. I wasn’t here this morning and afternoon. I don’t think I spend the majority of my time here.”

 

She rolled her eyes exasperated.

 

“I mean you’re here when I’m.”

 

“Conceited aren’t you?” He smirked.

 

“Not more than you.” She challenged.

 

He smiled even bigger.

 

“I like watching you working.”

 

“You like seeing me working my off?”

 

“Yeah, it’s relaxing.”

 

“Are you a masochist?” An odd expression on her face.

 

“I don’t think I am.”

 

“Highly doubt it. You must have some pretty weird hobbits.”

 

“I play the guitar. It’s not weird is it?”

 

“A common human hobbit for a alien disguise. Nice.”

 

“You’re pretty.”

 

She raised her eyebrows, surprised before laughing.

 

“Where does it come from?”

 

“From my mouth.”

 

“Duh. You’re such a weird guy. How do people keep up with you?”

 

“They don’t. You’re good though.”

 

He finished demolishing his cake and took the last part in his mouth. He swallowed.

 

“I like you.” He said out of the blue.

 

Not expecting that, So Min opened and closed repeatedly like a fish.

 

“I like spending time with you.”

 

“But you don’t.” At his dubious expression, she elaborated “you just sit there and watch me work. I don’t spend time with you.”

 

“You’re doing it now.”

 

“What?”

 

“Spending time with me. You’re not working right now. You’re there in front of me having a discussion.”

 

“Technically, I’m still at work. My shift isn’t over yet.”

 

“I guess you’re right.”

 

Hyun Joong finished his drink. “I finished. Thanks.”

 

“You’re welcome.”

 

So Min cleared the table and went to the kitchen. Her shift finally over, she was about to take up the stairs to her room when she collided into a hard chest.

She backed off only to have the sight of Hyun Joong leaning on the wall hands in his back pockets.

 

“What’re you still doing here?” She was annoyed. All she wanted to do was lie in her bed and sleep.

 

“Let’s do it then.”

 

“Do what?”

 

“Spending time together.”

 

“Huh?”

 

Without any more ceremony, he took her hand and led her toward the entrance of the café.

Hun Joon who was still there, saw them and while So Min expected him to inquire where they were going at this late hour, he only waved his hand at them, binding them ‘have fun’. Traitor.

 

“What are you doing?!” She yelled. He stopped to look at her, never letting go of her hand.

 

“You said it. I don’t spend time with you outside of work. So let’s spend time together outside of work. It’s a date.”

 

She gasped indignant. “It’s not a date. I never agreed to spend time with you! It’s a kidnapping.”

 

“You’re not a kid. It’s not a kidnapping.”

 

“Fine! An abduction then!” This guy was good at exasperating her.

 

“And what’re you going to do? Call the police?” He snorted.

 

“I could.” She dared him.

 

“But you won’t.”

 

“How would you know?”

 

“You’re not the kind of girl who would make a scandal in the street and call the police for something you know you’re in no danger.” He said confidently.

 

She cursed him.

He smirked, proud of himself.

 

“Come on, my group is having a concert nearby.”

 

“Your group? You’re not playing with them?”

 

“Not tonight.”

 

“Why?”

 

No answer. Just another smirk. She wished she could shove it down his throat, his damn smirk! Suddenly, an incredibly bothersome idea came to her mind.

 

“You did it on purpose right? You planned to bring me here tonight from the beginning didn’t you?”

 

He smiled his cute boyish smile at her speechlessly.

 

“I have to say you facilate me the task by coming to see me earlier.”

 

And So Min cursed not only Kim Hyun Joong for his mischief but herself as well for her stupidity.