I Remember

The Lowly Gangster & The Ice Princess

Kris slowly opened his eyes and saw Chanyeol smiling down at him. "Hey dude, you're finally awake!" Chanyeol beamed and placed the flower vase by the table.

Kris sat up and rubbed his bandaged head, groaning. "What? How long was I out?" Chanyeol shrugged, "Not that long. The doctors even said your memory will be erased. Tsk." Chanyeol rolled his eyes and chuckled.

He paused and looked at Kris, "You do remember me, right?" Kris smirked and pretended to look confused, "Wha-?" Chanyeol grabbed Kris's arms.

"DUDE! YOU GOTTA REMEMBER ME! WE'VE KNOWN EACH OTHER SINCE DIAPERS!!!" Chanyeol was on the verge on crying. Kris struggled out of his friend's grip.

"Shessh. I was just joking. Wait, I forgot that fact that you're an emotional creep." Kris remarked and Chanyeol pouted.

Kris suddenly turned serious. "But.. I can't seem to remember something. I don't know what that is but I feel like it's very important to me.." He paused and Chanyeol sat down on the chair next to Kris.

Kris sighed, "My head starts to hurt whenever I try to remember it. Plus, I can't recall anything I did before I out." He rubbed his eyes.

Chanyeol smiled bitterly at him, "Can you remember Ara?" Kris looked at him with a confused face. He tilted his head, "Who?"

Chanyeol shook his head and looked into Kris's eyes, "You have to remember her. She was someone important in your life. Come on buddy!"

Kris sighed and shook his head, "I don't know. I'm gonna sleep so you should leave now. Thanks for coming." Kris pulled the blankets over him.

Chanyeol grabbed his bag and left the room.

Outside, Ara was waiting for Chanyeol and his answer. Ara looked up, "Well?" Chanyeol looked around, afraid to make any eye contacts with Ara.

Ara faked a smile, "I should have known better. Why would he remember me in the first place? It was all one-sided from the start. See you around Chanyeol."

Looking down, Ara walked away. Chanyeol stopped himself from saying anything. *They should solve this themselves. It'll be even better. So Ara, wait for him to remember you again. And Kris, I hope you don't take long.*

The next day, Kris was in the hospital's garden, getting fresh air. He complained that he didn't liked being cooped up in one small room.

He noticed the christmas decorations everywhere and his head started to hurt again. He froze, *Wait.. Christmas.. Why does it sound familiar?* He pondered but his head would hurt everytime he did.

Tired, Kris went back to his ward. For the next few days, he slowly remembered a few stuff he did before the accident like what he ate for breakfast or who talked to but that was about it.

He still had no idea who Ara was or how important she was to him.

 

It was the last day of school, only a day away from Christmas. Ara entered the class with her headphones hanging around her neck. She didn't bothered to look up from her book since she knew Kris wasn't going to be there anyways.

Instinctively, she made her way to her seat without having to look up. She sat down and finally put her book down. She took out the things nesseasary for lesson.

The class president slapped the white board with a ruler and the rowdy classroom quitened down.

"All right guys! Listen up! Tonight, there's a party at the beach and it's at the usual beach house we used the past years. Kay, thanks for listening!" He ended and the class cheered.

Ara sighed, it was another Christmas party. Not that she hated it, actually she loved it. The whole class was very united and always partied together.

But every year they had any parties, Kris never came. That was one of the reasons why he was always left out in all those class outings and such.

Because he looked scary, people found it hard to approach him. But not for Ara. Even though she didn't really talked that much to him, she still greeted him and stuff.

At that moment, the door opened and someone unexpected entered the class. The whole class stared at him as if asking him why he even bothered to come.

He was Kris. He cooly made his way to his seat which was way at the back of the class.

Ara looked at him with worried eyes. *I should ask him- Wait.. He won't even remember me.* she biteerly smiled to herself, telling herself it was not the time to cry.

Kris met eyes with Ara but she didn't said anything to him. This time, she didn't even bothered to smile at him. Kris's eyes were confused..

But in Ara's eyes, Kris saw sadness. His head started to hurt again. Kris sat down at his seat and studied Ara from the back. The way she flipped her hair out of her face.

The face she made when she dropped her wallet.

And the facial expression she had when she looked back and met eyes with him once again. She looked sad yet happy at the same time.

Ara was glad that Kris was alive but she was sad that he didn't remembered her.

After school, Ara went back home and her bestfriend followed her. "Kris seriously doesn't remember you?" Yoonju asked again just to make sure.

Ara nodded and went inside her apartment. Yoonju locked the door and followed Ara into her room. "Then you're not gonna do anything?" Yoonju asked again, sitting down on Ara's soft bed.

Ara sat down on the yellow banana couch and raised her eyebrows, "What can I do?" Yoonju opened and but nothing came out.

She was lost. There was nothing Ara could do in that situation. Ara smirked, "Cat got your tongue?" Yoonju looked apologetic. "Don't pity me. I'll get over him." Ara waved her hand as if it was nothing when he was everything to her.

"Then let's get dressed for the party~" Yoonju jumped up and pulled Ara into the walk-in closet.

"Can I borrow this outfit?" Yoonju held up the clothes and batted her eyelashes cutely.

Ara shrugged and Yoonju's eyes brightened. "Thanks bestie!" Yoonju attacked Ara with a hug and went to shower. Ara sat down on the marble floor and looked to her right.

There were paintings of Kris all over the floor. It was one of her favourite places in the house. That was where she drew Kris. A place where she thought of Kris. A place where her feelings were placed.

*After tonight. This year. I'm going to be over you. Wu Yi Fun.* Ara thought and got up to search for a outfit for the party.

Ara walked around the big closet and tried to search nice clothes. "I have nothing to wear!" Ara grabbed her long hair in frustration.

Yoonju rubbed the towel against her long, blonde hair. "Seriously? You have this huge walk-in closet. Just choose something comfortable." She suggested and pulled Ara along.

"How about... THESE! OH WONDERFUL~!" Yoonju cooed in her fail-english. Ara gave her a disapproving look. "Trust me. You'll look nice." Yoonju pushed the clothes into Ara's arms.

Ara came out, twirling around in the mini-dress. Yoonju's jaws dropped and her eyes sparkled.

"Damn girl! You look HOT!" Ara chuckled at Yoonju's compliment. "Are you going lesbo on me?" Ara asked, wriggling her eyebrows. Yoonju wrinkled her nose and waved her hands.

"Nahh. I have Chanyeol oppa." Yoonju dreamily sighed and Ara rolled her eyes. "He barely notices you. He's too busy creeping and being Mr-Nation-Good-Teeth." Ara joked and Yoonju chased her around.

 

The two girls reached the beach around 7 in the evening and the party was warming up fast. Loud, pop music filled the beach house as the seniors of 3G danced and mingled around.

"Ara! You're looking fine tonight~!" Kai whistled and Ara playfully punched his arm. "Thanks? I guess." She laughed and talked with Kai. Yoonju walked over to the side and chatted with the class president.

Kai looked up and surprise was written all over his face. Ara tilted her head and followed where Kai's eyes went. Her eyes rounded and gasped.

"Wow Kris! I didn't think you would come!" Kai jumped over and fist-bumped Kris and Chanyeol. Ara stood rooted to the ground and was kinda open.

She came to the anual Christmas party because she wanted to have fun and mostly to forget about Kris since he defitnately forgot her.

Now, her plans were ruined. He looked so dashing that night.

Ara couldn't stop her heart from speeding so she just went to sit beside Yoonju, who was apprently eyeing Chanyeol. "Juju, I don't feel like staying her anymore. I'm gonna walk around the beach." Ara said and walked out of the party, walking past Kris.

Kris smiled at her, only remembering her as the girl who sat in front of him. But Ara didn't smiled back at all. She looked hurt, just like the first time he saw her that day.

Her eyes intrugied him a lot. *Why is she sad? why won't she smile back? Do I know her? Is she someone important?* All those thoughts wandered around in Kris's head and his splitting headache was back.

He needed to relax a bit so he headed to the beach.

Ara walked in the cold sand as the waves splashed her slim legs. She wipped away the tears which spilled out without any warning. She stopped in her tracks and looked at the person coming in her way. Kris.

He smiled back, thinking it was a coincidence. Ara didn't want to talk to him since she wouldn't want to fall in love more with him.

Ara turned around and changed her directions. Now, she was going the same way Kris was going, except that she was avoiding him.

Kris couldn't stand it anymore. He jogged to her and slowed down when he was right beside her. Ara sped up and ignored Kris.

"Why are you ignoring me? Did I say something mean to you before the accident? Who are you?" Kris questioned and Ara sensed a bucket full of tears coming on its way.

"You don't need to know. I'm not anyone important since you forgot about me. Kris, have a good life." Ara patted Kris's shoulders and ran away from the beach.

Kris stared into the ocean, thinking back.

When Ara's hand touched him, he felt a strange sensation. It was strange yet very familiar. He couldn't help but want to know more. But unfortunately, nobody knew what he wanted to know.

Kris thought deeper and ignored the headache he was having. If he was going to remember the past, he had to overcome that obstacle. Headache.

After much thoughts and struggles, Kris got a hint of who Ara was. What she meant to him. And what she did to him.

Kris felt his face heating up and wondered why. He has never been self-conscious of himself before, let alone in front of a girl.

But somewhere in the back of his mind, he knew that Ara wasn't just a mere girl.

She was more than that. Kris had a crush on her during freshmen year. She was what every guy wanted as a girlfriend.

Kris loved Ara.

His eyes were on Ara's lips, right where he felt his lips should be.

Ara cleared , "You have nice eyes." She complimented. Kris blinked at her, not believing what he had just heard.

For the first time, Ara smiled at him. Kris felt his face flushing into a shade of red as his heartbeat accelerated. He tried to calm himself down but the prettiest girl was smiling right at him!

"Thanks." He muttered, losing that cool, gangster image he once had.

This was the effect she had on him, the scary gangster in the neighborhood.

Only Ara had the power to turn Kris into a shy, innocent school-boy.

"A-A-Ara. Y-Yoo A-Ara. L-Love..."Then Kris become unconscious.

Ara was the last thing on his mind before he went into a coma.

Kris blinked at the memory as it flashed back in his brain. "!" He cursed and quickly searched for Ara.

*Where could she be!?* Kris was now at the corner of the beach, a place where not many people would want to go. Yet, the corner of his eyes caught something. Ara.

She was sitting on the sand with her sandals in her hands, gazing out to the ocean and occasionally sneezing.

Kris dashed to her, shocking the poor girl. "Ara! You're Yoo Ara!" Kris panted. Ara shrugged, "Okay, so you do know me."

He smirked as he bent down and sat beside her. Ktis made Ara turn and look into his eyes. "I know more than that." The corner of Ara's lips had an urge to turn up.

"And what is that?" She asked, tilting her head. Kris didn't say anything. He just leaned forward and kissed Ara passionately.

Ara was caught off guard by his kris but she soon regained composure and held Kris's hair in her hands as she allowed Kris to venture further into her carven.

The kiss wasn't rough or impatient. It was sweet and passionate. During the kiss, Kris remembered everything that happened in the past.

*This is what they call true love kiss. God, I'm so cheesy.* Kris mocked himself but once he saw Ara's sweet smile, he melted completely.

*Being cheesy is worth it.* Kris smiled and hugged her.

"So... We're cool now?" He asked. Ara smiled and nodded at head. Kris charmingly smiled at her and kissed her forehead.

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting." Kris muttered. "Oh I think I do, boyfriend." Ara winked at him and pushed him down on the sand.

Before he could defend himself, Ara ran offm chuckling. "I'll get you with my long legs!" Kris warned and dashed. "I also have long legs!" Ara argued back but she was caught by Kris.

He lifted her up in bridal style and carried her to the water. "Kris... Don't..." Kris smirked and mockingly shook his head.

 

OKAY! IT'S FINALLY DONE!

Sorry for taking so looong~

I had an eye infection of somesort... and yeah~

ENJOY!

COMMENT~

Please support my other fics as well.

Muackzxc •3•