Draw me

The Lowly Gangster & The Ice Princess

"All right class! All the odd numbers in the class will be the models, the even numbers are the drawers. Base on this chart, find your partners. Chop chop!" Mrs Choi clapped her hands and instructed.

The class groaned and did as told. Kris stayed at his place, looking out of the window with that careless expression of his.

Ara cleared and Kris turned his head. He tilted to his head and raised his eyebrows. Both of them said no words but used their eyes to communicate.

Kris knew Ara was not a talkative person and he was grateful for that.

Ara sat in front of Kris with her drawing block. She swiftly moved her fingers along the paper as hr eyes moved up from time to time.

Kris felt his face heating up and wondered why. He has never been self-conscious of himself before, let alone in front of a girl.

But somewhere in the back of his mind, he knew that Ara wasn't just a mere girl.

She was more than that. Kris had a crush on her during freshmen year. She was what every guy wanted as a girlfriend.

Kris wasn't sure if he still liked her but one thing he knew was that whenever he saw her, his heart would beat very fast and his palms would get sweaty.

Of course no one knew about his crush. Kris was feared by everyone in the school, even the teachers. There was only two persons who were not the least afraid of him.

They were his best friend, Chanyeol and Ara.

"Look at this pencil. Focus on it." Ara instructed as she held the pencil in the air. Kris fixed his gaze on not the pencil but the person holding it.

His eyes were on Ara's lips, right where he felt his lips should be.

Ara cleared , "You have nice eyes." She complimented. Kris blinked at her, not believing what he had just heard.

For the first time, Ara smiled at him. Kris felt his face flushing into a shade of red as his heartbeat accelerated. He tried to calm himself down but the prettiest girl was smiling right at him!

"Thanks." He muttered, losing that cool, gangster image he once had.

This was the effect she had on him, the scary gangster in the neighborhood.

After an hour later, most of the students had finished drawing. Several models were complaining of stiffness but Kris was hoping that art class wouldn't end at all.

Ara blew away the dust away from the paper and slight smiled at her work. After all, she was a member of the art club so it was expected of her to draw Kris very well.

But he hadn't expected her to draw that well. Every strands of his blonde hair was drawn with great care and she even brought out the little things such as his mole right at the end of his lips.

"Wow. Thanks." Kris smiled at her and time seemed to stop at that moment. Ara was mesmerized by his pure smile and couldn't help but to blush and smile back.

Mrs Choi went around the class to grade on the drawing and while waiting, Kris managed to have a conversation with Ara.

Even though she only gave small answers like 'yes' or 'no' but he still considered that as an achievement. He liked her since freshmen year but only started to speak to her during senior year.

And when the year was almost ending with only several days left to Christmas.

 

On his way home, Kris had been thinking of confessing to Ara. *But how?* He wondered as he crossed the road. Not looking up, Kris had been unfortunate.

The car halted into a stop only after banging down Kris. The driver came out and quickly called for an ambulance. People started to surround him and some pushed them back, letting him have some air.

His vision started to blur as the world started to spin in circles. The middle-aged man bent down and fanned him with newspapers he was reading before the accident.

"Don't worry, help is on its way." The man reassured and continued fanning Kris. "A-A-Ara. Y-Yoo A-Ara. L-Love..."Then Kris become unconscious.

Soon, the ambulance came and Kris was send away to the hospital.

Since the accident took place not too far from the school, the news spread like wild fire. Ara was in the art room, doing what she usual did during art club.

She was drawing Kris again. This time, the main theme was pastel colours combined with the Christmas effect. The paint splashed on her cheeks and arms but she didn't mind.

Christmas was coming soon and she needed to finish the art piece so that she could give it to Kris.

She heard a few whispers along the lines of 'Kris', 'Gangster', 'Car accident' and 'Hospital'.

The brush she was holding dropped onto the floor and the paint splashed on her sneakers. Ara quickly took off her apron and asked them where the hospital was at.

After finding its address, she ran as fast as her legs could carry her to the taxi stand. Then, she reached the hospital soon later.

"Where is Kris? Kris Wu." She asked the nurse as she caught her breath. The nurse quickly looked his name up and told Ara the floor level.

Ara dashed to the lift and quickly pressed the button in anxiety. *Please don't let anything happen to him!* She prayed in her heart as she went out of the lift.

She stopped in her tracks as she was in a dead end. An operation was in progress and Ara couldn't see anything.

The middle-aged man looked up and walked over to her. "Are you Yoo Ara?" He asked and Ara nodded.

"The young man was calling your name before he out. Is he your boyfriend?" He asked again. Ara shook her head, tears threatening to spill out any seconds.

"Well, I don't know anything about you youngsters love but I can tell that you're very special to him." The man said and went back to his seat.

Ara held back her tears and wished for the best at the end of the operation.

After two hours or so, the doctors came out. Ara and the man rushed to them, asking about Kris.

The doctors sighed and Ara didn't felt too good. "The patient hit his head really hard against the car and.." He paused. Ara clenched her fingers into a fist, "And what!?" 

"And he might lose some of his memories. We're not too sure yet but he'll wake up in about a day or two." He finished and walked away.

The man bowed to the doctor. "Call me if you need money to pay his hospital bills.  After all, my brother was the one who turned your friend into this state." The man gave Ara his business card and left.

Ara bit her lips as she slowly walked into the hospital ward. Needles were put into Kris's arms and beside him sat many machines that she didn't know existed.

She sat down on the chair and slowly, her hands made their way to Kris's face. She softly caressed his face and bit her lips to stop herself from crying.

"Kris.. I regret not telling you about my feelings earlier. I really do. Even though you may not even remember me when you wakes up, I'll tell you this. I like you." She confessed and slowly leaned in to peck his lips.

Tears drops spilled out of her eyes and they dropped onto Kris's cheeks as well. Ara wiped her tears with her free hand and left the hospital ward.

What she didn't knew was that, Kris had been half-conscious the whole time and had heard someone talking to him.

The only bad thing was that, he couldn't make out who that person was or what he or she was talking about. But, he did felt that kiss on his lips and the teardrops on his cheeks.

A teardrop ran down his eyes as he tried to remember something he was supposed to do. *What was it? Come on!* Frustrated, he kicked his leg onto the bed, only to pain himself more.

"!" He yelled. A nurse near-by heard it and quickly came into the room. She informed the doctors about Kris's consciousness.