chapter 1

Stars That Shine

Yonghwa tapped his pencil on his book as he looked up at the clock. It was only 6pm. He had another hour to go before the library closed.

Damn, this is nerve-wracking.

I don't even have to be here right now. I just WANT to be here.

As if he hadn't looked at the wall clock a few moments ago, he looks at his wrist watch and sees the exact time he just saw a while ago.

Both clocks were perfectly synchronized.

That's because for the past month, he had never missed a day in the library.

Yonghwa groaned as he covered his face with a hand, mortified at himself.

What exactly are you doing here, Jung Yonghwa?!

He leans back on his chair, tipping it on its hind legs as he looked up at the ceiling. Murmuring to himself, people passing by began to stare.

He didn't care. Today was the last day he'd be coming here anyway. He just knew it would be the last time.

He'd stopped pretending to study on his 2nd day. Everyday, for the past month, except on saturdays, he spent 2 hours in the library, always the last 2 hours before it closed.

And he blamed it all on his hormones.

Damn you Jung Yonghwa! You're such a ert!!!

He sighed deeply as he grabbed his music book from the desk and covered his face with it.

He hadn't been studying for those 2 hours he spent there everyday.

Instead... he'd been composing music.

And writing lyrics.

He'd been so much on a roll that he'd used up the same amount of music sheets in a month as he had in 6 months.

He'd met his muse.

Or rather, he'd seen her but she probably wasn't even aware of his existence.

And he was man enough to admit that he was crazy over her.

He'd never had the same amount of passion in his songs before, not until he'd met her, and he was having difficulty trying to reign in that passion.

He'd gone to the library a month ago, looking for a book for one of his major classes. He was in a hurry for band practice, so he sneaked in line at the checkout counter when some of the other students weren't looking. He flipped through the book as he waited.

"Good morning, sir, how many books are we checking out today?"

"Just on--"

Yonghwa stopped and stared.

He knew it was rude, but he couldn't help it.

Standing in front of him was a goddess.

He blinked his eyes several times and swallowed.

She had the most beautiful eyes he'd seen. They sparkled and glimmered behind a pair of red-rimmed eyeglasses as she smiled at him in greeting. Her thick eyelashes fluttered with every blink of her sparkling eyes.

His eyes traveled down the curve of her nose to the fullness of her glossed lips, down her smooth jawline and her slender neck.

Her hair was pulled tightly in a bun at her nape, but he knew that if he pulled off that pencil holding it in, her long hair would fall down in a cascade.

She was dressed very conservatively in a crisp white shirt with the collars stiffly standing up around her neck, buttoned up from top to bottom. A high-waisted black skirt was cinched-in by a wide leather belt. Her tiny waist would fit in his two hands.

She left a lot to the imagination.

And as an artist, he had a great imagination.

"Sir?"

Yonghwa woke up from his reverie.

"Huh?"

"Checking out anything today?" she'd asked, one corner of lifting.

"Ah yes, this book please," he said, handing it over to be scanned.

"I'll need your ID, too," she said, smiling as she held out her hand.

He pat his shirt and jeans pockets for his ID, fumbling along the way as he couldn't remember exactly where his wallet was. Finally finding his ID, he'd handed it over.

She quickly scanned the codes and handed both book and ID back to him.

"Thank you for coming to the library, i hope to see you again here soon, Mr. Jung Yonghwa," she'd said with a huge smile, her pearly white teeth showing.

"Uh, yeah--yes, sure," he'd managed to mutter out.

He walked out of the library in a trance. He suddenly bent over as if punched in the abdomen.

Suddenly, music and lyrics came into his head in a rush, he had to sit in a corner to collect his thoughts.

He knew he had to meet her, SEE her again.

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

(tbc...)