01

Babo, You're My Wife!

Kai’s POV

It was on the train, where we first met.  I was on my way to Seoul, to search for an apartment but as usual I was running late and had to rush into the train seconds before the doors shut.

Unlucky for me, the bottom of my shirt got caught inside the closing doors and everyone watched as I struggled to pull myself. It was embarrassing but that was when I first noticed her.

She was smiling at me and I couldn’t help but smile back, though I didn’t know whether she was smiling because she found my situation funny or if she was just being friendly.

Sadly I never got the chance to talk to her because she was sitting next to a guy, and his head was peacefully resting on her lap. I was slightly disappointed to see that but we were only strangers so I shouldn’t really care.

That was 2 years ago and it’s strange how I’m suddenly remembering it again. Maybe it’s because I’m on that same exact train to Seoul, but this time I’m not searching for an apartment. I’m actually moving into one since I will be attending Seoul Arts Academy this year.

It was my parent’s idea to move into the city because they said that it would make my life much easier but I feel like it’s going to get harder. I’m only 19, moving away from home is a big deal to me.

Your POV

“I’m 19 years old! I should be able to do whatever I want! Why can’t I move out?!” I sulked in the corner of my room. It was unfair how my parents still treated me as if I was a little kid.

All my friends have either moved into the residence halls or they’re living in their own apartments, while I’m still forced to stay at home. 

“Hey it’s not too bad. At least we’ll still be neighbours.” Chanyeol grinned and I frowned.   

“Idiot, you had the freedom to move out but why are you choosing to stay?” I asked, slightly annoyed.

“Babo, you’re my wife. If you’re forced to stay at home then I also have to stay. Remember the promise we made? I’ll go where ever you will go.” Chanyeol smiled as he playfully flicked my forehead.

“Yah, since when did I become your wife?” I asked, raising one eyebrow.

“Since they day you were born.” He grinned.    

“Idiot, you should really stop saying that because it’s ruining my chances with all the boys I’m interested in.” I glared at him but he just continued to smile.

“Why do you need those heartbreakers when you have me? I’m your happy virus right? I’ll never make you feel alone and I’ll never make you cry.” He simply said as he began to play with a strand of my hair.

“Liar, you always make me cry. You come in to my house and eat all my favourite foods, leaving me with absolutely nothing! Oh and every single day, you move my bedroom furniture’s around so then I have to put it back in its normal place and that takes so much effort! And why do you always hide all my textbooks and homework’s, do you want me to fail?” It was meant to a sarcastic reply but at this point, I was very much annoyed with him.

“Well, I need to do something to entertain myself since you refuse to play with me and I get really bored waiting for you to come home. These days you’re always going on dates and parties, so I just get a little lonely. Remember the time when I went out on dates? And you refused to talk to me for a whole month just because I ‘ignored’ you. Well who’s ignoring who now?” The smile from his face had slowly faded, so I understood that he was being serious this time.

“But Chanyeol, doing all those things while I’m gone is quite unnecessary don’t you think? And I am not ignoring you. Look I’m talking to you right now aren’t I? Sorry I was a selfish back then but now you can do whatever you want. Go ask her out again. I don’t care.” I stood up from the floor and walked towards the door.

“I don’t want to start another fight with you so will you just leave.” I said as I opened the door for him. To be honest our friendship hasn’t been going very well these days, we’re supposed to bestfriends but we always argue about such tiny things and sometimes I wonder if this friendship is even worth keeping.  

“No.” he said as he walked towards me and slammed the door shut.  “I’m not leaving till we sort this out.”

“I’m tired. Please just go.” I said without an effort and dragged myself to bed, feeling completely exhausted. Chanyeol just trailed behind me and sat on the edge of my bed.   

Chanyeol’s POV

I stared at the empty walls as she pretended to fall asleep. Whenever we have an argument she always thinks that sleeping will make it go away but what she fails to realize is that we have a big problem here.

Those empty walls were once filled with our smiling faces but now it’s all gone.

And it’s my entire fault.

...

EDIT: YOU now have a name keke it's Hana. Is that okay? Or do you want another name? I just think that it'll make the story much easier to read instead of having ____ as your name. Oh and thank you so much for subscribing, I really appreciate it and I will try my very best with this story.