Marry Your Daughter III

Marry Your Daughter

 

The father held out his hand to his daughter. He could see her sparkling eyes through the thin white veil.

“Ready?”

She gave him a nervous smile, placing her cold hand in his warm one. Her eyes were blinking unnaturally fast, he knew she was trying to keep her emotions and tears inside. Patting her hand reassuringly, he gave her another smile as he leaned in to whisper.

“Don’t worry sweetheart, everything’s going to be alright…” he said, placing an arm around her shoulders as he guided her to her feet as they both climbed out of the car.

“Are you ready now, Hyunnie?” he asked again, tucking her hand under his arm. She closed her eyes and drew in a long, deep breath. When she opened them, the sparkle was back, and her smile was more comfortable now.

“Ready as I’ll ever be, Appa…”

♦♥  ✧  ♦♥  ✧  ♦♥  ✧  ♦♥  ✧  ♦♥  ✧  ♦♥  ✧  ♦♥  ✧  ♦♥  ✧  ♦♥  ✧  ♦♥  ✧  ♦♥  


Joohyun looked into the mirror as she surveyed herself. She was unnaturally calm, and it was making her nervous. The door opened behind her and she watched as her parents come in.

“Omma, appa~” she said as she smiled warmly, turning in her seat at the dressing table.

Her mother smiled fondly as she brushed away some tendrils at the side of Joohyun’s face, tucking them neatly behind one ear. Her ears were a bit red-rimmed, and they were sparkling with tears that threatened to spill anytime.

Joohyun stood up with a gasp and clasped her mother’s hands together. “You’ve been crying again, Omma, please don’t do this, you’ll ruin your makeup” she said softly, trying to tease away the sadness and caressing her mother’s face gently.

Her mother brought up a tissue to her nose and sniffed, tears dropping from her eyes one by one. She smiled as she hugged her daughter.

“I’m just so sad and happy at the same time sweetie, I can’t help it. I’ll try to compose myself before the ceremony starts, alright?” her mother said as she gently pushed Joohyun away from her. She turned around to find the bathroom.

Silence filled the room as Joohyun was left there with her father, who was nervously slipping his fingers through his collar and keeping it away from his neck. She giggled as she watched him do things that she knew were signs of him feeling awkward. Walking over to him, she clasped her hands together behind her, gave him a wide-eyed innocent look and spoke with aegyo.

“Are you going to cry, too, Appa?” she teased. He looked at her with surprise as well, horrified at the thought of crying in front of many people. Realizing that his daughter was just teasing him, he brought down his hand and smoothed out his silk tie. Clearing his throat loudly, he smiled as he held out his arms to her.

“Come here, sweetie, and let Appa give you a hug,” he said gruffly, looking like he’d cry any minute, too.

Tears came to Joohyun’s eyes as a sudden rush of emotions came through her. She fell into her father’s arms as they hugged each other tightly. She knew she was ruining her makeup this way, but she couldn’t help it. It all just came to her right now, at this very moment.

She was getting married. She was marrying the love of her life, her Yo~ong choding, Jung Yonghwa.

Mrs. Jung. In a couple of minutes, she’d be Mrs. Jung for the rest of her life.

Sniffing, she looked up at her father, who was suspiciously sniffing, too.

Smiling through the curtain of tears in her eyes, she tickled her fathers’ nose.

“Appa, do you realize that today is the last day we’ll be sharing last names?” she said sweetly. She felt guilty as her father’s face crumpled, a small sob coming out of him. She gave him another hug, this time to simply comfort her father. They stayed that way for a couple of seconds, not speaking, just enjoying the warm hug.

Her father finally took out a handkerchief from his pocket and wiped away the tears from his face. He led her to sit back down at the dressing table and proceeded to dab at the tears on her face. She took the handkerchief from him and made him sit down at the other chair, holding onto his hands.

“Appa, please stop crying, you’re ruining my makeup,” she teased, exactly the same way she’d mother a while ago.

Her father smiled sheepishly, avoiding her eyes for a while as he tried his best to control his emotions.

Joohyun continued to wipe away the traces of tears from her face, fixing up her makeup as best as she could. She looked up as her father stood up behind her. He spoke to her through their reflections in the mirror.

“You’re my only daughter, Joohyun-ah, so I’m really sad that I’m losing my baby girl today. However,” he paused as he sighed, patting her shoulder comfortingly. “However, Yonghwa is a good man. I’ve always known that, if you ever got married, it would have to be someone like him.”

He smiled at her in approval, and she smiled back at him gratefully. She held onto his hand that was on her shoulder.

“Appa, you know why I knew he was the one for me?” she whispered softly, sparkles now coming out of her eyes again, and there were no tears this time.

“Hmmm… Tell me darling, why DID you choose Jung Yonghwa?” her father asked, his forehead wrinkling in curiosity.

She stood up and gave him a sweet peck on his check as she whispered into his ear.

“He’s a lot like you, appa. He’s a choding, too,” she whispered and giggled as she gave him another hug. Her father guffawed in laughter as her mother came in back to the room. He called her over and hugged the two most important women in his life.


♦♥  ✧  ♦♥  ✧  ♦♥  ✧  ♦♥  ✧  ♦♥  ✧  ♦♥  ✧  ♦♥  ✧  ♦♥  ✧  ♦♥  ✧  ♦♥  ✧  ♦♥  


Yonghwa nervously shifted his weight from one leg to the other as he stood waiting at the altar. His best man, his hyung, reached out an arm and pat him on his back reassuringly. He looked towards his hyung, who had his eyes trained at the doorway at the back of the church.

“Hyung, I’m alright,” Yonghwa whispered, putting both cold hands in his pockets.

“Of course you are,” his hyung said reassuringly, continuing to pat him on his back. Beside his hyung, his three CNBLUE brothers were lined up, looking at him with huge, knowing grins on their faces. Jonghyun stood on the first step down from the pulpit, Minhyuk on the next step, and Jungshin, the tallest, was standing on the floor below the pulpit. They all had their thumbs up at him. Jungshin added a V sign. Yonghwa shook his head at them and grinned.

His hyung wrapped an arm around his shoulder and pulled him over in a semi-hug. Yonghwa turned to him in surprise.

“What was that for?!” he asked in satoori. As Busan men, he’d never gotten a hug from his hyung. Getting one, even a half-hug, right now was a big shock for him.

“I just~ felt like doing it man,” his hyung said gruffly, not looking at him. Yonghwa stared at his hyung for a while, seeing his blue brothers snickering at the side. He suddenly felt all warm and fuzzy inside. He grinned and straightened his tux. Whispering to his hyung, he said, “I love you, too hyung, but I’m getting married first,” he said teasingly. He got a small punch on his arm in return, but he knew it was all out of affection.

The first chords of the “Bridal March” started to play on the organ. Yonghwa stood up straight and looked down the aisle. His eyes strayed for a while to where his parents were seated, who were both looking so proud and happy as they smiled at him. He gave them a bow and smiled. This was a really happy day for him and his family.

Mist started to spread out on the floor starting from the back of the church. The double doors opened slowly, revealing his bride in white. Butterflies in many colours flew in as she stood there for a few seconds. Taking small steps inside, she stopped as her father came to her side and tuck her hand under his arm and guided her down the aisle. Cherry blossom petals started to fall from the balcony of the church, making the atmosphere more romantic and special.

Yonghwa knew they were all there; the people, the mist, the butterflies, the flowers… but all he could see was her.

His bride.

Joohyun-ah.

Feeling another rush of warm and fuzzy feelings in his chest, he straightened his back and walked down the steps slowly, his eyes trained only on her.

He was going to meet his bride halfway. That’s what marriage was all about.

As he stopped in front of her and her father, he held out a hand and looked at his father-in-law formally. The older man paused for a while, then nodded as he placed Joohyun’s hand in Yonghwa’s. He stepped aside towards the side of the aisle as Yonghwa moved into the position he’d just vacated; beside his dear Joohyun-ah.

Yonghwa held out his hand, and the two men shook hands cordially, the older man patting the younger one on the back. Without letting go, he leaned in to whisper something into Yonghwa’s ear. The young man’s cheeks burst as he smiled widely at his words, nodding and bowing several times. Seemingly satisfied, the father of the bride turned around and went to sit beside his wife.

“What was that all about?” Joohyun whispered as she held onto Yonghwa’s arm, walking down the aisle towards the altar.

Yonghwa grinned and continued to look towards the altar, guiding his bride along. He whispered to her while smiling at the cameras.

“Your father said~ ‘Don’t forget your promise,’ “

“Promise? What promise?” Joohyun asked, also smiling at their guests as they slowly walked towards the altar

Yonghwa bit his lip as he tried to keep a huge smile from coming out.

“I’ll tell you tonight,” he whispered reassuringly as he guided her up the pulpit.

I guess that would be soon enough to tell her, Yonghwa grinned at the thought.


♦♥  ✧  ♦♥  ✧  ♦♥  ✧  ♦♥  ✧  ♦♥  ✧  ♦♥  ✧  ♦♥  ✧  ♦♥  ✧  ♦♥  ✧  ♦♥  ✧  ♦♥  


The father of the bride held out his hand to his daughter, a warm smile on his lips as he saw her sparkling eyes behind the thin white veil. A picture flashed in front of his eyes, a memory of a laughing little girl, giggling as she danced around with him, her little feet on top of his. The little girl had looked up at him with so much love and awe in her eyes, treating her like the only man she’d ever adore.


And yet here she was, in her lovely white gown, marching down the aisle in a few more minutes, into the arms of the man she’d be spending the rest of her life with, the new man she adored.

“Ready, Hyunnie?” he asked, giving her a wide, reassuring smile.

She gave one final sigh, closing her eyes for a few seconds. When she opened them, they were as clear as the day she was born. Smiling up at her father, her eyes lit up as he smiled at her fondly. "I'm marrying my choding today, Appa. I'm as ready as I'll ever be..."

Yonghwa smiled as he tucked her hand under his arm and walked her into the foyer of the church. Looking down the aisle, he could see Seohyun waiting in the very first row, her eyes and face glowing with happiness. The groom was standing beside the minister, waiting beside the altar.

He turned to Hyunnie as the chords of the “Bridal March” started to play on the organ. Leaning into her ear and using a hand to cover up, he whispered some final words of encouragement.

“We’ll keep your room as it is, Sweetie. You do know you’re welcome to come back home anytime, right?”  he said, his cheeks bursting with mirth.

Hyunnie looked at him with wide eyes before giggling so loudly, all the people in the congregation couldn’t help laughing along.

You will always be my choding appa, she whispered as they slowly started to walk down the aisle.

♦♥  ✧  ♦♥  ✧  ♦♥  ✧  ♦♥  ✧  ♦♥  ✧  ♦♥  ✧  ♦♥  ✧  ♦♥  ✧  ♦♥  ✧  ♦♥  ✧  ♦♥  


A/N: really sleepy coz i've been so busy during this holiday season. just really wanted to post this ^^ sorry for any errors, i promise to edit later. now i'm going back to bed! LOL