Marry Your Daughter

Marry Your Daughter

Yonghwa shifted his weight from one foot to the other. He'd been looking into the distance as he stood in front of the window. He ran a finger between his shirt collar and his neck, feeling a bit stuffy.


He glanced at his watch for possibly the tenth time within the last five minutes.

What am I doing here?! he thought as he went back to his seat in the reception area. He started to loosen his tie, then decided against it.

This is crazy. You're crazy, Jung Yonghwa.

He started drumming his hands on his thighs, tapping his feet on the floor. The receptionist glanced over at him and smiled. Yonghwa stopped his fidgeting and smiled back nervously. He finally took out his phone and tried to calm himself by flipping through his inbox. He grinned at one particular message.

Fighting with your recording today Oppa! I miss you! ~chu~ ♡

That's what you think... He laughed to himself as he remembered telling her he'd be very busy today with recording.

This... No, YOU are the reason I'm here today... he said, pointing to her photo on his phone's wallpaper. He moved it closer for a ki...

"Jung Yonghwa-ssi?"

The phone dropped to the floor as Yonghwa stood up in surprise, his neck beginning to flush with embarassment.

"Ah, n-n-ne," he stammered in response to the receptionist.

She smiled at him comfortingly, giving him that i-know-how-you-feel look.

"Mr. Seo will see you now," she said as she waved her hand towards the corridor.

"Ahh, n-ne, thank you very much," he replied, bowing three times hastily as he started walking, his legs feeling like jelly.

Nevertheless, it didn't take him long to reach the end of the hallway.

He stopped in front of the imposing doorway at the end.

He took a deep breath and slowly exhaled through pursed lips.

Straightening his posture, he raised his right hand and knocked three times on the door.

"Come in!" boomed a loud, male voice from within.

Yonghwa took another deep breath, squared his shoulders, opened the door and entered...

 

Sir I’m a bit nervous about being here today
Still not real sure what I’m going to say
So bear with me please if I take up too much of your time
See in this box is a ring for your oldest
She’s my everything and all that I know is
It would be such a relief if I knew that we were on the same side

Coz very soon I’m hoping that I

Can marry your daughter...

(lyrics to "Marry Your Daughter" by Brian Jr and Niko McKnight)