A Night Out

Someone Else

How could he do that? Taemin thought. No how dare he do that?! He thought again becoming furious now. He glared at Jonghyun as Jonghyun ruffled Key-umma's perfect hair and he just smiled like it wasn't anything.

"Umm Taemin?" Minho asked nervously, "are you ok?"

Was he ok? No he most certainly was not, how dare Jonghyn, no that irritating little dinosaur touch his perfect Key like that? Sure he only touched his hair but he still touched him and that wasn't allowed!

Taemin clenched and unclenched his fists at his sides, he turned slightly to the taller boy and said "I'm fine Minho, what is it that you want?"

Minho disconcerted by his donsaengs slightly agressive stance, momentarily forgot what he was going to say and tried to stutter out an answer, "I... um...yeah....uh...I just...you know....um....thought that...uh...doyouwannagoouttonight?" He finally got out in a rush losing all the air he had in the process.

"Tonight? Sure why not, there's a new club I want to go to."

Minho inhaled unaware that he'd stopped breathing and smiled, "Uh great, so what tim....."

"The rest of the sentence was cut off by Taemin calling out across the room, "Key you wanna go to that new club tonight?"

Key smiled widely and said, "Sure Tae-baby," turning back to Jonghyun he asked "would you like to come?"

Minho, seeing his date with Taemin being invaded, tried to cut in "Actually I was only meaning.."

But he was once again drowned out, this time by Jonghyun saying with a smile, "Sure Onew and I would love to come!"

With that statement Key's smile faded and Taemin just looked angry again, Minho turned his gaze towards his shoes and sighed. Another fun night with the gang he thought miserably, sad that his plan to ask Taemin out on a date date had failed again.

~~~

The club was packed, there was no place you could be (except maybe the restrooms) where you wouldn't have bodies pressed all around you. It was for this particular reason Minho was despairing. As soon as they had gotten there, Tae had pulled Key over to the middle of the floor, leaving him by himself. This was not a good thing to do.
Trying to drown his sorrows out he drank. Glass after glass was emptied, and drink by drink he began to believe it was for the better.
Taemin loved dancing.
Key loved teaching dances.
Taemin was shy.
Key was a diva. No matter how you looked at it, they were perfect together. And so, Minho began to fall, fall right into his worst nightmare. 
 
For Taemin, on the other hand, this was heaven. He and Key on the floor together, dancing their hearts out. But of course, it couldn't stay like that could it? Though Taemin bitterly. Key had spotted Jonghyun dancing with Onew and had gone to them. Once again he was alone. He could go over and dance with them..... but then his precious Key-Umma would have to be shared, and that's one thing Taemin would not do. He continued to dance, oblivious to the heartbreak he was causing. 
 
Onew was not a happy dubu. Sure, this was fun and all, but clubs weren't really his thing. For them as SHINee, and for him as the leader, so many things could happen. Scandals might come out. Their reputation would go. SHINee wouldn't shine anymore. Because of this, Onew was on full alert, trying to keep track of where everyone was, which, by the state of the club, was a very hard task to do. His boyfriend Jonghyun wasn't really helping much. Unless dancing and grinding on him counted as helping. Sometimes he wondered why the hell he did it, why he agreed to the dino. He didn't really have any feelings other that brotherly ones toward him, he never had, but it was better that being alone...right?
Sometimes he subconsciously wondered if it was the right decision, but then his conscious would take over and dispel his doubts.
The one he loved had no feelings for him, this relationship was better than nothing. 
 
Jonghyun growled slightly as he saw Key making his way over. He always had to make it harder didn't he? Always had to make him doubt himself and his feelings. He wouldn't fall for his charms, not this time. 
"Hey" a seductive gaze met his and all thoughts of resistance were forgotten. 
"Ah"  a quiet voice spoke out. Jonghyun quickly tore his gaze from the feline looking diva to Jinki. "Yes my love?"
Onew looked conflicted. "Minho looks completely spent over there, I'd better take him back, ok? I'll be back soon" and with that he disappeared into the crowd.
 
"Hey....you alright?" Minho groaned as a voice invaded his clouded mind. "Aish, we better get you home. Come on froggy boy" Onew hauled him to his feet and dragged him outside of the confines of the brightly lit room. It was like Minho wasn't in control of his body, he had to lean on their leader the few metres to his car and when he finally made it into the vehicle, he just lay there. Onew slipped into the drivers seat and started the car, tears falling freely now that Minho was out and with an anguished voice he asked....
 
"Why couldn't you have just fallen for me instead?" 
 
The question was whipped away with the wind as he drove into the darkness.
cleardot.gif