Chapter 4

Watch Out, Man

 

The other members of ZE:A were cleaning up after dinner when we got back.

“Soonbok, are you okay?” Kwanghee questioned, rushing to my side. “Why didn’t you put any shoes on? Let’s go get you some socks.” It was almost as if he had turned into my mother within seconds.

“Kwanghee, I’m fine. I don’t need socks.” I told him.

“Soonbok, go with Kwanghee to get socks.” Heecheol groaned. “You’re being stupid.”

I sighed and nodded, following Kwanghee to his room. “You really feeling okay?” Kwanghee asked me, once we were in the room he shared with Heecheol, Junyoung, and Taehun.

“Yeah, I’m a little better now.” I told him.

He handed me a pair of Heecheol’s socks. “You work everything out?”

I sat down on Heecheol’s bed and nodded. “Yeah, it was all just a misunderstanding.”

Kwanghee smile. “Good, because I don’t know who else would allow me to do their make-up for them if you and Heecheol broke up.”

I laughed. “If that were to ever happen, Kwanghee, you can call me any time.” I hugged him. “Thanks for the socks.”

“Anytime.”

We walked back to the living room where everyone was sitting in silence. Heecheol was the only one that didn’t have an awkward vibe radiating from them. I sighed and sat on the floor in front of Heecheol.

“You should stay the night.” Heecheol said, placing his hands on my shoulders.

“I have class tomorrow.” I reminded him. “I don’t have any of my materials.”

“What do you need?” Heecheol questioned.

“I need my textbook and notebook, obviously. Also, I need clothes for tomorrow, if I were to stay.” I shot Junyoung a pleading glance for him to intervene in the conversation. He frowned back at me. That’s what Heecheol had talked to them about when Kwanghee and I went to get socks. “Heecheol, maybe I can stay another night. I don’t think staying tonight would be a good idea.”

“It’s fine. I already cleared it with everyone.”

“Not with Kwanghee.” I said, sending my pleading glance to Kwanghee, but the thought of a sleepover to him was more appealing to him than siding with me.

“It’s fine with me.” He beamed.

I was in a pickle now. I had two options, grow a pair and break Heecheol’s heart by saying I was going home and that was that or shut up and just spend the night.

“How about we go and pick up what you need at your place and then you spend the night here?” Heecheol said.

“That seems so pointless.” I sighed. “I’m going home to just come back here for the night?”

“Heecheol, maybe Soonbok just wants to go home. She’s probably had a long day.” Kevin stepped in.

I could tell Heecheol felt like everyone was ganging up on him. I could see it in his eyes. I sighed and took his hands into mine. “Do you want me to stay?” He nodded. “Then let’s go get my things.”

“Alright, I’ll get our coats.” He smiled, jumping to his feet and racing out of the room.

“Don’t give me the lecture. I know I need to speak up.” I groaned as Junyoung and Kevin opened their mouths to speak. “You don’t want a frustrated Heecheol do you?”

“But you two should have compromised. Suggest spending the night later this week.” Kevin said.

“I’ll remember that for next time.”

Heecheol walked back into the room with my coat in hand. “Ready to go?” He helped me put my coat on and led me out the door.

The walk to my house was quiet. Heecheol had his arm around me the whole time, holding me to his side.  Normally I would be okay with it, but Heecheol seemed to be really clingy tonight and I wasn’t into it. I would think things would be better now that we both are on the same page.

We finally got to my house and Heecheol stayed in the living room while I gathered my things. My phone began to go off as I was placing my books into my backpack.

“Hello?”

“Hey, run to the bathroom and pretend to throw up.” Minwoo said on the other end.

“What?”

“If you pretend to be sick then you can tell Heecheol that you should probably stay home.”

“It was my idea!” I heard Hyungsik yell in the background.

I chuckled. “Thanks guys but then he’d just want to stay here again.”

“Well it’s any idea.” Minwoo sighed.

“Thanks Minwooie.”

I placed my phone back in my pocket and picked up my bags. Spending the night wouldn’t be so bad. Why was I so opposed to do this?

“Soonbok, are you alright?” Heecheol asked stepping into my room.

“Yeah I’m fine.” I smiled. “I was just about to walk out.”

He grabbed my duffle bag from me and tossed it over his shoulder. “Alright, let’s go then.”

I have to make the best of this, I thought as we walked back to the dorms. I have to enjoy the time we can spend together before his schedule gets too busy.

“Soonbok, manager said you have to sleep in the same bed as Heecheol or sleep on the couch.” Dongjun teased as we walked in the door.

“Ah well, I guess I’ll sleep on the couch.” I chuckled.

“You think I’d let you sleep on the couch?” Manager asked.

“I don’t think Heecheol would let me either.” I smiled, hanging my backpack and coat.

“Hey Soonbok, if you don’t want to sleep in Heecheol’s bed you can always steal Siwan’s bed.” Minwoo said.

“Hey!” Siwan frowned. “Where would I sleep then?”

“You can sleep with me!” Kwanghee exclaimed.

Siwan sent me a pleading glance. “Please don’t take my bed.”

“Didn’t plan on it. I’m just going to take one for the team and share Heecheol’s bed.”

“Well I’m ready for bed, what about you?” Heecheol asked me with a smirk.

I pouted. “But we didn’t even play any sleepover games.”

“We can play those back in the room.” Heecheol said. He wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his head on my shoulder. “C’mon, let’s go at least lay down. It’s been a tiring day.”

“Alright.” I smiled. “Goodnight everyone.” I waved before Heecheol and I headed towards the room he shared with Kwanghee, Junyoung, and Kevin.

“Stand outside while I change into my pajamas.” I told him once we reached the room.

“Aw, but Soonbok…” Heecheol whined. “I’ve changed in front of you before.”

“That’s different. It’s improper for me to undress in front of you.” I said, trying to remain serious.

Heecheol pulled me into him and whispered in my ear. “Would it be improper if I undressed you?”

A blush spread across my cheeks. “OPPA!” I smacked him on the chest lightly. “I’ll only be a second.”

“Fine.” Heecheol leaned his back against the wall.

I closed the door behind me and rushed to change my clothes, keeping my eye on the door making sure Heecheol wasn’t trying to peek inside. I almost fell over trying to slip into my pajama pants because I accidentally was standing on the bottom of the pant leg. I smoothed out my shirt and quickly shoved all of my clothes into my duffel bag.

“Okay,” I called out to Heecheol.

The door didn’t open. I couldn’t tell if Heecheol was playing around or if he had walked away. I shrugged and decided to just crawl into bed and get comfy. If Heecheol was fooling around, I’d right back by not playing along. I pulled back the covers and laid down. I could smell Heecheol’s scent on the pillow and blankets. It was soothing. It almost felt like Heecheol was lying next to me as I incased myself in the blankets.

“Soonbok?” Heecheol poked his head in. “You got into bed without me?”

“I told you it was okay to come in but you didn’t respond.” I yawned.

“Manager was giving me a lecture.” He groaned, crawling into bed beside me. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my forehead. “We have an early schedule so just wake up with us and we’ll drop you off at class after we go to the salon.”

“Okay, that’s fine.” I curled into his side and tired to stay awake, at least for a little while longer.

“Go ahead and sleep.” Heecheol cooed. “We can talk tomorrow.” He brushed some of my hair out of my face.

I was going to protest but it was if right after he finished his sentence, I was fast asleep.