A Day With Someone's Sister

A Winter Story

 

             

             CHAPTER 2

It’s Saturday. A boring Saturday. I woke up at 9 in the morning. I got up from bed and walked into my parents’ room, but there was no one in the room. Oh yea,  maybe they had to be a early for their flightbecause of a business trip, and they won’t be home for two weeks. Means, that I’m alone in this house. I went to the kitchen for breakfast. There was a note on the table written by mom.

“Heeyoung-ah, we’re sorry to leave you home alone, but we had to be earlier at the airport or else we’re going to miss our flight. You should just eat your breakfast outside because I didn’t prepare for you. You know we’re going to Jqpan for two weeks, right? Don’tforget to lock the doors every time you’re going out arasso? I left you some money and credit card. Use it wisely, I love you darling. Take care.”

 

I tried to call Eunji if she wants to go breakfast outside with me but my calls didn’t reach her phone. I don’t want to stuck myself in this house alone. It’s time for me to go by myselfthis time. I wore some extra thick clothes and let my hair down. I took my phone along in case if my parents want me to do something at home. I checked the house before locking the door. Oh my god it’s so cold outside. But at least, this is better than eating nothing at home.

I walked along the snowy path for pedastrians to the café that’s quite far from my house.and breathed in the fresh cool morning air.As I passed by a park in my neighbourhood, I saw some children playing with the snow everywhere, laughing with each other happily. I sat on a bench as I continued watching them throwing snowballs at each other. I can’t help but to smile seeing them playinghappily. They’re so cute.How I wish I could turn back to my childhood memories.I didn’t really have fun when I was kid, my parents controlled me too  much. Suddenly, one of the snowballs hits me right on my headthat accidentally caused me to curse. The little girl thought that I was angry at her and her eyes became teary. I wasn’t meant to scold at her, I know she did that by accident. I quickly took her in my arm

 

 

“ Hey, don’t cry. I wasn’t mad at you. The snow was cold that’s why I said something bad by accident. Mianhae” I persuaded her while wiping of her tears.

“ Really, unnie wasn’t mad at me?”

“ Really, I wasn’t mad at you at all. what’s your name? My name is Heeyoung. I’ve never seen you before,” I asked her as I realized that I’ve never seen her before.

“ Oh, my name is Byun Minhee. I’m 7 years old. I just moved around here with my brother”

“ Oh no wonder. Let’s play snowballs together with your friends!”  I shout out loud like a child and started the snowball war.  We had so much fun playing it. The last time I played something like this when I was 6 years old with my only friend that I had when I was raised in Japan until I I reached twelve. His name is Taemin. I didn’t get to tell him that I got to leave him because I had to move back to Korea.

 After some moment, I realized that I haven’t had my breakfast yet when my stomach made that annoying sound. I think my stomach has reached its limit. I stopped playing the snowballs and came over to Minhee.

“ Minhee-ah, unnie is hungry. Actually I was supposed to go to the café there,” I pointed to the café that I was talking about.

“ Oh, but I don’t have friends here. See, their moms already picked them up. Today my brother has something to do and he will be not turning home before dinner. I’m bored, that’s why I came here to play”

“ Oh my godness, seriously? Why your brother didn’t bring you along? It’s  cold and dangerous out here. A little girl like you shouldn’t go outside alone arasso? Cammon, let’s go to the café. Have you eaten your breakfast?” I pick her up and carry her at my back.

“Hmm, not yet.Unnie, you’re so kind. I should introduce you to my brother. I’ll set you two up, I want you to be my sister in-law!”  I giggled hearing her thoughts. A girl like her is super cute.

“ Oh really? Is your brother handsome? Unnie just accept handsome and cute guy only. Haha just kidding,”

“ Of course unnie! He’s the handsome guy in the world.” I just nod and laughed to her cuteness.

I hummed her my favourite song that my grandmother used to sing for me while carrying her.Everytime when the song has stopped, she would ask me to sing the same song for her again. I really love this kid. So this is the feeling to have a sister. I love it.

My legs stopped when we arrived infront of a café called ‘ Eternally Love’. I let Minhee down and led her in by holding her small hands.

The café was peace with just some customers here. Usually this shop will never empty with people but I don’t know what’s wrong with today. I brought Minhee to a table for two person.

Then, came a waiter to take our order. He took out his pen and small book ready to list down our orders.

“ May I have a set of vanilla pancake with bluberry sauce on top of it and a big mug of hot chocolate.” The waiter just nod and listed down my orders.

“ How about you Minhee?”

“Uh, I don’t know. Everything in this restaurant seems delicious.” I giggle seeing her cuteness when she frowns.

“ Let me get it for you. A children waffle set, hot chocolate and a set of chocolate chip cookies, please,”

“ What sauce you want for the waffle, miss?” The waiter asked.

“ Butterscotch!” Minhee said out loud that made all eyes in that shop were shot at her. I chuckled.

“ You should say sorry to them, it isn’t nice to disturb people when they’re eating arasso?”

“ Arasso Heeyoung unnie. I’m sorry everyone!” She shout a sorry that is loud enough for the whole restaurant to be heard. I can heard some of the customers talked about her politeness.

Not long after some stories that I shared with Minhee, the same waiter came again to our table and served our orders. The food looks really delicious. Although I eat here for almost every day, I will never get sick of it.

“ Hmm~ it smells good, you’re really expert in choosing place to eat” She grabbed her fork and bite some of her waffle.

“ Wahh jeongmal masshida!”

“ I know right! Next time I’ll bring you again. Cammon, finish your waffle and cookies, we’ll take some walk outside, okay?” And then I eat my pancake silently.

After we finished our breakfast, I got up from my seat and went to the counter to pay the bills. I give out the correct amount of money to the cashier.

“ Excuse me, may I know why the area around here seems quiet? It’s not crowded with people like always “

“ Oh, maybe they’re all going to an outdoor showcase at that big park. I heard the organizer  was from SM Entertainment” Oh no wonder. Maybe I shall go there with Minhee since both of us had nothing to do that time.

I said thank you to the cashier and walked out the restaurant with Minhee with me.

“ Minhee, let’s go to that big park, I heard there’s a concert there.”
“ Kaja!” I carried her into my arms and lifted her in the air as she was a baby.  We walked to the venue together like sisters.

There was a big stage there. I wanted to get t To me, it’s funny that there is a outdoor showcase in the middle of winter like this.

The place was too croud with people. I carried Minhee around my neck, trying to help her to get a nice view of the stage while I didn’t care about myself.

I heard that the performances from other popular groups have already ended. I guess we were late to watch them.

And then MC came out and announce the next performance.

“ Ladies and gentlemen. Next, it’s performance from one of the SM Trainees, Baekhyun! With the song entitled Love Light from CN Blue”.

Then, came out a guy and performed the song that the MC said just now. He introduced himself at first and then began to sing. He has a nice voice but I couldn’t see him clearly because there was a big tall man blocking my view but I guess Minhee could see the performance clearly.

“ Unni, let’s go back. I don’t want to be here anymore.” I agreed since the crowd made me feel uncomfortable.

I slowly escaped myself through the crowd and decided to take some rest on a bench  in the park. I put Minhee down and her face was not happy. Then some drop of tears slowly running down her soft cheek.
“Hey, why are you crying? I’ll bring you to many more places so don’t cry arasso?” I tried to persuade her but she still didn’t say a word. I gave up.

 “Now tell me what happened. Who made you like this?” She cried even more and hugged me tightly. I calmed her down make sure no tears left in her eyes.
“ It’s about my brother. He totally changed. I hate him now”

“ Actually, me and my brother were supposed to stay with our parents in Paris. But my brother was being all stubborn and refused to stay with them. I didn’t want to seperate with him so I to stay with him in Korea. If you want to know, He never smiled to people and being cold with them. But with me, he treats me differently. He would smile and played with me all the time. He was a very loving and caring brother. He wanted to be a singer since he was in fourth grade. But then, last year, he was proposed to join SM right infront of his school gate. He accepted right away without asking me. I was happy to hear about it at first, but since then he slowly forgot  about me. We lived in Incheon before we moved here because it’s more easy for him because he has school in Seoul. He would send me to school early in the morning and fetch me late in the afternoon when all my friends had gone home. I was so lonely, unnie. Eventhough we just met this morning, I have the feeling that you’re nice person. You’re like my brother.”  I listened to the girl. She really is lonely.

“ So does it mean that the one who sang on the stage before was you brother? Is that why you didn’t want to continue watching anymore?”

“ Well yeah.”

I didn’t want to look that sad face on her anymore. She deserves a smile.
“ Hmm. How about we spend our times today at the Everland? Let’s go!”
“ Omo jinjja unnie?! I’ve never been there before”

“ Then, cammon I'll bring you there. Kaja”

 

                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

So, this chapter is mainly about Minhee. It's super boring, I know. The best part will be on the next chapter with more character appearences. So bear up with me and don't forget to subscribe, readers :)