I can't believe it!

You and I

(Bom’s POV)

I’m back, in Korea. I took my first step out of South Korea’s airport. “I’m back” I greeted my hometown. I finally convinced my parents to let me study in Korea by myself for the rest of my high school life. I saw a familiar female figure waving at me, it was my cousin Dara, I waved back at her and smiled. “I missed you so much!” She came up to me and gave me a welcome hug. I’ll be staying at Dara’s apartment until I find my own since she lives alone and she invited me to stay with her. I put my entire luggage into her car and she drove me to her apartment.

“How have you been?” She asked. “Pretty good, especially after I found out I was allowed to come back to Korea”. “If there’s anything you want, just ask me” I nodded. Dara and I were like best friends since the start, she was always very kind and would help me with anything. “I have two questions, do you know where I can find a job, so I can help you pay your bills?” I questioned. “I have an idea! You can work with me at the dessert house since we’re looking for a part-time worker!” She said happily. “Really? Thank you so much!” I wanted to hug her but since she was driving, I decided not to. “What was the other question?” She asked me curiously. “Umm… do you know a guy called Lee Hongki? He’s an old friend of mine, I want to see him again” I explained the whole story to her with detail and her lips curved into a smile. “You’re in luck because I know exactly who he is”. “Really?  Who? Where is he now?” I asked again. “You’ll see” She teased.

We arrived outside her apartment and she opened the door. “Put your luggage where ever you want, I want you to meet some of my neighbours.” I followed her next door. “Oppa! Open the door! I think I have a person you want to see” She knocked the door impatiently leaving me in a very confused state. Who does she want me to meet, and most importantly, who wants to see me? I was too tired to think but finally I heard footsteps coming to open the door. As the person opens the door, I was getting more and more curious to see who it was. A guy with really messy hair opened the door, it looked as if he was sleeping and only just woke up. I observed his face, he looked really familiar then suddenly someone came to my head. “Could it be…” no way… but he did remind me of him, my eyes widened. “Bommie!” “Hongki oppa!” We both happily yelled each other’s names at the same time, the moment seemed like a moment in a TV drama. We finally met each other again, I was so happy that I didn’t know what to talk about.

“Ok, I’ll leave you two alone…” Dara slowly walked back to her apartment, leaving us two alone. “When did you come back?” He asked with a I-can’t-believe-it expression on. “Just then…” it was awkward, we weren’t kids anymore and since we haven’t met in so long, we couldn’t find anything to talk about. “If I knew you were coming to visit, I would’ve prepared a little more” he pointed to his messy hair and laughed. I laughed along and at the same time, still couldn’t tell if it was a dream. “Give me a few minutes to get ready and I’ll take you around Korea, or… do you want a rest first?” he asked, I was tired but I didn’t want to reject the offer. “No… I’m not tired, I’d love it if you showed me around the place, it’s changed so much since the last time I was here.” I waved a little goodbye to him and walked back to Dara’s apartment. I shut the door behind me and relaxed on the couch. I wanted to take a little nap before I go but I couldn’t, I was thinking too much about the day.

I felt a little hungry so I stood up and walked towards the kitchen and cooked myself some ramyun. In no time before I even finished cooking my ramyun, Hongki oppa rang the doorbell and I rushed to open the door. “Oh! That was quick” he gave an awkward smile to me. “Do you want to eat before we go?” I asked him to make sure he wasn’t hungry. He nodded. “Wow… you can cook?” He asked like he was really curious. “Bommie grew up” he added a comment to his question. I gave him a sarcastic smile and went back to my ramyun. “Dara! Do you want some ramyun?” I shouted to her room to get her attention. “Yes please!” She shouted back and came to the dining room. “Are you two having fun?” She asked us two. Hongki gave her an awkward laugh and went back to setting up the table. I separated the ramyun into three bowls and Dara helped me bring it to the table. “Which school are you going to?” He asked me. “mm… same school as Dara’s” I answered and finished my last bite of ramyun. I missed Korean food so much.  He finished his last bite. “So… same school as me” He said with a smile. I missed that smile the most.