2

Babylon A.D.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As rich and wealthy the inner rings of Babylon were, the poorer and dirtier the outer ring was. Mud, mixed with excrement, blood and spit splashed up as the group of guys walked through the narrow streets of the outer ring. The people, clothed in ripped, sack like clothes, hid even more in the shadows. The hate they had towards that group was nearly tangible, but the feeling which was even more prominent than the hate was simply fear.

They feared the those people as if they were death in person; in fact, for the people of the outer ring they meant nothing positive. "Demons, the children on the Devil." The people's whispers sounded like snake hissings in the night but the demons didn't care about the talk of the people. Clothed completely in black, the demons really looked like the devil itself but of course they weren't the children on the devil. That was only a name, just like diablo and Children of the Night.

Negative names for a species which had invaded the earth a long time ago; and even the only positive name they had, had a bitter overtone: Fallen Angels. Some people believed that angels truly existed, just like demons. Maybe they were right. Somewhere, somehow angels maybe existed but not on earth.

"How much I hate it to be in this part of the city." The tallest one of them growled and shook his head with a pout on his lips. Even in the darkness his dark brown hair shone a bit. He was not only tall, but also muscly and lean. The built of an athlete, just like everyone of them. Even the shortest one of them was muscly and his presence could silence the audience of a stadium. "Stop whining around. You do that every time we are here, Chanyeol." Chanyeol shot his companion a glance, before he turned his head away, muttering something not understandable.

As much as he hated it, he had to admit that Suho had a point there but Chanyeol really had a dislike towards the slums. "We are here to do a job, so we should finish it as fast as possible." The second shortest among them was rather calm, like the center of the storm. Compared to the others, he was less built like an athlete but nevertheless his presence was quite intimidating. His light brown hair silently rustled in the wind and he narrowed his eyes a bit. He was very aware of the people who watched them in the shadows and he could smell their fear and hate, like all of them could.

"What did that guy do anyway? Stealing some Soulenergy? Geez, she surely has lost it to send us only because someone stole a small amount of Soulenergy from one of the factories." Another guy commented and pinched the bridge of his nose. His slender fingers rubbed over his eyes before he yawned along and slowly, a direct sign of how bored and tired he was. Not that Demons could get tired at all but from time to time they had to rest as well.

“As much as I know, yes. But it was not only a small amount... Oh don't ask me! I could care less.”

The deep voice of the black haired and tall demon sounded like an exasperated growl. He was one of the few demons whose skin color had a slightly darker shade, or rather a warmer and more golden tone. Sun kissed, that's what the people liked to call those demons. The Demon now listened to the name Kai, a name with different meanings in the old languages. Among Demons though his name has a dark and ominous shade, since that name bore a dark legacy.

“Sometimes I ask myself what has gotten into her. Such a petty woman.” Kai shrugged his shoulders while he let his gaze wander around. It was dark, nearly black in the outer rings. There barely were any lights or bright spots and it was actually quite funny to Kai that Sehun's hair was probably the brightest thing in his near. His friend and fellow Demon had so bright, blonde hair that it was nearly white.

Sehun's cold expression was a perfect mirror of Kai's expression, even though the two of them could be seen as two sides of a medal but in the end they were more alike than one could think.

An inaudible sigh came over Kai's lips as he saw a homeless person sitting on the ground in the dirt. A soon as the human saw him and the others, he paled and tried to st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter