Chapter 2

Letting Loose

“I heard Teuk oppa had been giving him a hard time..”
“You mean, Kyuhyun-sunbae?”


I turned my head upon hearing his name and without realizing, I recalled what happened a few days ago. I quickly shook my head and started the dance moves again.
 

“Duh? Donghae oppa told me yesterday that Kyuhyun sunbae had been sleeping in his room for a few weeks before moving to Ryeowook oppa’s some time ago. Didn’t Eunhyuk oppa tell you?”
“I feel bad for him.. And no, he didn’t! That monkey’s been acting weird these days. Don’t even get me started on him! Oh, Joohyun-ah? Why are you still dancing around like that? Get some rest first!”


I turned to them again, and this time I went to Hyoyeon eonni and pretended to have no idea what she and Sica eonni had been chatting about. Yet deep in my mind, I started to wonder if everything they said just now was true.

Kyuhyun sunbae had been quite the talk of the company these days. He was only a trainee for two months, and now he had been Super Junior’s new maknae for three months. Everyone had been going around on how wonderful his voice was and his good looks. Still, until that moment, I had never seen him in the company. Maybe it was his super busy schedule, or our classes just did not clash. Anyway, I just hoped that we would not meet anymore. Well, at least not in the near future. Even thinking about that incident would get me all embarrassed. Not to mention how I lectured him with father’s words. He better had forgotten ever meeting me, he better..

“Joohyun-ah! Are you listening to us??” Suddenly I saw Sica eonni’s hand waving right in front of me. “What have you been daydreaming about?”
“Tell us! Tell us!” Hyoyeon eonni was not of any help neither.
“Ah, nothing eonni! I was just a little tired.” I sensed Hyoyeon eonni’s disappointed sigh. “What was it again?”



The training session ended a little early that day. Hyoyeon eonni and Sica eonni had left. Actually, everyone had left. I was stuck there since father had promised to pick me up once he left his office. There was still a good 30 minutes, so I decided to practice the piano. There was this song that had been running through my mind and I could not wait to start playing it.


I was just about to open the studio door, when it opened from the inside..


“Oh, sorry, I did not see you there.” I saw a smile, and the voice was quite familiar too.


“Yes, it’s alr..” I was stunned upon lifting my head up. “K-kyuhyun sunbae?” It was only a few hours ago that I wished I would never bump into him anytime soon. But here he was, standing just in front of me! And I could not do a thing, but looked at the ground, hoping he would not recognize me. My senses came back quickly though, as I unconsciously bowed. “Oh, a-annyeonghaseyo!”


“You know me? Ah, annyeong! But I don’t think I know you though..”


I could not bring my face up as I answered him. “It’s Seo Joohyun, sunbae.”


“Ah, Joohyunnie. Oh, come in! You’re gonna play the piano, I reckon? May I listen to it?”


“Eh?” I was startled. “Please? I would be very delighted if you would just allow me.”


“O-okay.”


And so, I went to the piano and let out a deep breath. I played a rather slow version of Cherry Filter sunbaenim’s Flying Duck. Without realizing, I started singing to it too. I guess, at that moment, I forgot somebody was watching me.


That was until a phone rang.
 

“Oh, mian Joohyun-ah!” He said as he answered his phone. “Yes, I see. Okay.” He put the phone back to his pocket.


“It was really great! I feel so much lighter too now. Thank you Joohyunnie!” He clapped his hands. “In fact, as a sunbae, I hereby order you to teach me how to play that song!” A little smirk appeared on his face.


“P-pardon, sunbae?” Did I hear that right?


“But I’m so sorry, Hyun-ah. I gotta go now.” He ruffled my hair as he said goodbye and left.


I was still stunned, and quite relieved, actually. He did not seem to remember the incident a few days ago, and maybe we could begin a friendship. He seemed pretty nice, and he enjoyed my music! I smiled to myself.

“Oh, one more thing, Joohyun-ah! Please express my gratitude to your father! His words really helped me get through my issues the other day! See you!”


Kyuhyun sunbae suddenly appeared by the door, before dashing outside.


And, I knew right then, I should never get myself too close to him.

 

 

 

 

 

Here's Chapter 2! I felt like it got kinda dragged a bit :(

Anyway, so this chapter marked their second meeting. In the Google concert, Seohyun said that Flying Duck was her trainee song. And I read the lyrics, and I guess it was a song that would easily relate to trainees and their struggle :)

In case you haven't noticed, Hyoyeon made cameos, in this chapter, and even in the first chapter. That was because I read somewhere that the two and Jessica were the only ones that made it, right from the beginning of SM's first girl group project line up until the final SNSD line up. So, that explains things I suppose :)

Oh, and also in this chapter I tried to show how Kyuhyun acted rather relaxed towards kid Seohyun, how he was comfortable with her, even though the two had not really known each other.

I was actually gonna continue on. But I guess it better ended this way, and I'll have it continued in the next chapter, so please stay tuned! :D

On another note, I would like to thank @glamzchic! Thank you so much for letting me know about the fancams and stuff!! I wasn't able to thank you right from the first chapter, since I was so nervous upon posting it xp please forgive me :(

And for all subscribers, all the comments and the views.. Thanks a dozen!! And more! Thank you for even reading this unworthy piece of ... letters and words.. I really really appreciate it.. Thank you! XD

 

P.S. A gift for those of you WiRes, who have started to waver from our precious ship (lol)

(I wanted to just post the clip right away, but idk how.. so, just click on the 'gift' :D)