chapter 2

Heartbreaker. a story about love, and regret.

 

Lee shin gave you a crooked smile “Your place or mine?”

You looked away from him.

The reality of this situation didn’t really kick in until now.

‘Maybe I shouldn’t go through with this. It isn’t too late to back out now…’

Again, those words began to run through your head “he doesn’t love you anymore”

It didn’t take much for you to believe those words.

There was always that thought in the back of your mind that you didn’t deserve to be with Jiyong.

You weren’t rich, or famous, just a normal girl. Maybe it’s time to be with a normal, average guy.

No more album promotions.

No more concert tours.

Though you knew exactly how you felt about Jiyong, you always felt he deserved better then you.

Maybe he should just be with another celebrity.

You knew that this relationship wouldn’t last long anyways. Although it hurt you to be with him, you still loved him, and wanted to be with him, but all it took were those 5 words “he doesn’t love you anymore”, from a complete stranger to push you off the edge, and make your whole world shatter beneath you.

You swallowed the lump in your throat and looked up at Lee Shin.

You forced a smile and said, “My place.”

Your hands were shaky.

Your heart was pounding.

The alcohol was running like venom through your veins.

You didn’t realize how drunk you really were until you adjusted yourself in the seat, and attempted to stand up.

You could feel your legs give out from underneath you, and a pair of warm hands support your fall. You felt your face against his chest, and his arms slowly caress your small body. Lee shin smiled as you leaned into him for support.

You pushed yourself back and looked up at him. He softly brushed his right hand across your cheek, and leaned in for a kiss. Your heart stopped, and quickly you turned your face away from him so your lips wouldn’t touch. You felt his warm breath against your neck and he chuckled because of your action.

He cleared his throat and whispered into your ear,

“let’s get out of here, shall we?”

He shifted his body to put his arm around you to lead you out of the night club.

If it wasn’t for the alcohol you would not have made it this far. You would’ve stopped yourself from doing this, left the night club, and took a cab back home. But you were so drunk at this point, you could hardly stand straight, and that scared you. You knew deep down that this was wrong, but the alcohol in your system made your thoughts blurry, and your judgment weakened.

You made it over to Lee Shin’s car. He opened the door and helped you in, and within seconds you were driving back to your apartment.

The entire way there he had one hand on your thigh, and the other on the steering wheel.

With every movement of his fingers, it sent shivers up your spine.

This felt wrong.

Maybe you were wrong.

Maybe you were over thinking everything.

Maybe the picture was just a misunderstanding.

But how do you explain the text?

Then you thought

‘what about all those times when he would ignore my phone calls, and all I would get in return was a meager text saying “sorry, I’m busy”…’

What about all those countless nights you spent alone, crying yourself to sleep because your boyfriend was at a press conference on the other side of the country.

You sat there in that car, while some guy that wasn’t your boyfriend had his hands all over you.

But then…you began to really think.

‘Maybe all along I didn’t want to be with Jiyong…

Maybe I never actually loved him…

Maybe this was all just an excuse to leave him…’

 

You were so lost in thought that you didn’t notice that you arrived at your apartment.

Lee Shin pulled up, and parked in the front.

He looked over at you, smiling. His hand never breaking the soft rhythm he was playing on your upper thigh.

“Shall we head on in?” he said while unbuckling both of your seatbelts.

You froze, looking away from him.

He then got out of the car, and came around to the other side to help you out.

You had to lean up against him to help you walk, your legs giving out every few steps as he helped you.

You could feel his well-defined muscles through his clothes. He softy his warm hand on your cold arm as he walked you to your apartment.

He seemed like a nice guy, nothing like how Jiyong said he was.

‘maybe I should just date him…’

You scoffed at that thought.

‘Jiyong would be so pissed. I guess that would be a good way to get back at him…’

You could feel your heart drop at the thought of Jiyong being in pain over something you did. You quickly shook that thought out of your head.

‘maybe he shouldn’t have hurt me…’

You made it to the front door, and you dug through your purse. You fumbled with your keys, and you pressed against the door to open it.

You tripped into the apartment, letting out a small giggle as you braced yourself against the wall so you wouldn’t fall down.

Lee Shin let out a small chuckle “Be careful you clumsy girl, don’t hurt yourself”

You turned around to face him while propping yourself up against the doorframe that lead to the living room. You gave him a smile, and looked down at the floor a little embarrassed.

Something caught your eye.

It was your ring. The one you threw on the floor before you left.

You slid your way down the doorframe, and knelt down to pick up the ring. You felt a little woozy while standing back up and again supporting yourself against the door frame.

Lee shin still stood in the doorway with the front door still open.

“What is it?” he said.

You ignored him. You examined the ring, and as you did that, the memories flooded back.

 

You remembered how Jiyong was gone for a month for business. He received a phone call from your sister saying how you were in the hospital because your clumsiness made you trip and fall in front of a busy intersection and break your right wrist. He caught the first plane to you, and ran from the airport to the hospital.

You remembered how he was drenched in sweat, and panting when he walked into your hospital room. Without any words, he walked to your bedside, grabbed you and kissed you. You were completely in shock when he did that, he never showed his affection to you in public.

Then he looked into your eyes, caressing your cheek with his right hand, while softly brushing it with his thumb. He leaned in and held you to him, and he whispered,

“you clumsy girl, don’t you ever put yourself in danger again… I love you ____”

And he took your left hand and placed the ring on your finger.

“if you wear this always, it will protect you when I can’t be there.”

 

 

Lee Shin was still standing there, with a concerned look on his face.

A tear ran down your cheek as you remembered that day. You sniffed, and whipped away the tear. You looked up at Lee Shin

“I’m sorry. But I can’t do this… I love Jiyong, and even if he did cheat on me… I will work through this with him. I love him…” And with that you placed the ring back on your finger, and let a soft smile escape your lips.

Lee Shin tensed up.

“I’m sorry but… I can’t leave”

You looked up at him, a little frightened and confused.

He looked different.

A twisted smile spread across his face as he said.

“You should’ve known better than to trust me _____.”

And with those words, he shut the door behind him, and locked it.

*****************************************