March 4

The Day Before

March 4

 
Yesterday I left many things unexplained and I promise to clear everything up today. If no one opens this journal after I finish writing on the last page, then it’s not a big deal. But if someone ends up reading it in the future, then they probably would hate to be left in a confused state about the things that happened in my life. 
 
I should write some more about my friend, Nam Woohyun. He is older than me by a few years and he majored in physics, minored in philosophy. He is a smart guy and his parents were able to finance his graduate studies. He started teaching high school physics to senior students at the same school where I teach in the same year as me. He began his PhD studies a few years ago and he worked on some complicated projects during his free time. Although he hasn’t told me the reason why he didn’t find a better job with that kind of education, I think that he wanted to take a break from full time studies and spend some time working to secure a base for his future career.
 
I am not really sure how we ended up as friends, seeing how both of us like to spend our free time alone, working on our own projects. But in any case, Woohyun is someone I can trust and call him my best friend. Eventually, he introduced me to his sister, Sunmi. The three of us aturally got along very well and it was only a matter of time before I found myself falling for her. 
 
Yesterday I mentioned that she is studying to be an automobile designer. Right now she is working on a project to remodel the recent Toyota Camry to decrease fuel consumption and improve the design to attract more younger customers. I personally have no idea how such a project can be completed in a couple weeks but that is why I am only a teacher with minimal education.
 
My family did not have enough resources to send me to university, so I just completed teaching college and managed to earn enough money with part time jobs to pay for the classes. My father was a writer and my mother was an interior designer. Writing never seemed interesting to me and the salary of a writer was not attractive either. But I learned quite a few skills from my mother and I successfully designed the interior of my own house, which both Woohyun and Sunmi have confirmed to be satisfactory. 
 
A few days ago, Woohyun showed me the project that he was working on the the past week. He was constructing an electronic system in his home that can be controlled by an application on his cell phone from a distance of up to 5 kilometers. He said that if he will have enough time, then not only the television, radio, cd player, computer, lights, washing machine and dishwasher can be controlled at a distance, but also the stove, oven, security system, ventilation and heating and cooling systems can also be included in the project. He asked me to make some mathematical calculations to approximate the distance that will be covered by the signal, but also the power required to send a signal to the house from the maximum distance. If only we could come up with a way to increase the coverage of the signal, then he could let Sunmi in the house when she forgets her key from the other side of the city. I personally can't imagine how he wants to cook something or wash his clothes at a distance, but I have to admit, a system like that was a remarkable idea and would be quite useful to anyone.