March 3

The Day Before

 

March 3
 
I had an unusually nice day today. I even decided to buy a notebook and made it my new journal. Since today is Saturday and I have no where to go, I will make my first entry today.
 
A journal probably needs a good introduction, right? I am Lee Minki, a teacher at a local school here in Seoul. Math is my career, and photography is my hobby. But that is not important, at least not today. Actually I wanted to write about the best thing that happened to me this year.
 
This morning when I headed to work, I was very nervous because I was afraid that she would reject me. I am not a coward and I’m not shy, but I like her so much that if she had rejected my proposal, I would have probably died. But it seems to me that the feelings were mutual, judging from how happy she was when I told her about my feelings for her and asked her to be my girlfriend. 
 
My girlfriend’s name is Nam Sunmi. She is my age and our birthdays are three days apart. She is taking a master’s program at university, studying automobile design. I believe that she is the most beautiful girl that I have ever met. What more can I say, she is the one who I want to spend the rest of my life with. 
We have known each other for about two years, ever since I met her brother, Nam Woohyun. He is my colleague and best friend, only friend to be accurate. 
Sunmi and I have a date tonight and I should get ready. What an ending to a fantastic day!