New Guys;

Deep Waters;

 

“Anna?”





I got off the couch and walked around to find Anna but she wasn’t around. I just shrugged and went up to my room. Each room in this house had its own restroom, it was really cool but I am supposed to get used to this. How will I if I think it’s cool all the time? I chuckled to myself and then entered my room, I looked in the closet and there were already some basic clothes for me. I took it and changed into them after I showered. Just some skinny jeans and a tank top, there was also a hat for me to wear. I liked what I was wearing; it seemed very casual and more comfortable than what I wore yesterday at my family’s company.





“SuMin, let’s go now.”





I turned to see Anna dressed up like a normal person, “You look different!! This is going to be like a best friend’s day!”





“Well, I have to, to keep you out of trouble and so that people don’t know who you are.” Anna smiled and we walked out of the door and down the street. We waited at a stop light for quite a while and then she asked me something I would never really expect, “Do you want to meet your security guards?”





I didn’t know what to say so I just replied slowly, “Sure, I guess.”





Looking around Anna took out her cell phone and pressed a number and the guards came running up the corner after a few moments because they were a mile away from me. They didn’t even look like guards; I thought they would look like the ones at my house. One was really tall and the other kind of shorter; they were both dressed in skinny jeans and a jock jacket on. It was quite funny to see guards dress like this but I guess it’s supposed to help with camouflage. They bowed to me as they stepped in front of Anna and I. I just kind of stood there not knowing what to do.






“This is John and Todd, they are your body guards for a mile distance.” Anna spoke as if there were more guards.





“Nice to meet you, I am uh…” I looked around as people began to stare, “You know who I am.”




“We do, if you need anything just press 3 on this cell phone.” Jogn handed me a cell phone, it was a medium sized touch phone… I saw one of those in the hospital right next to my bed. I, for some reason, already knew how to work the phone.




“Thank you.”




Anna signaled them away and we both walked to the mall. I didn’t really know what to wear to the party today though. Like, there is great formal and then just formal like a ball, so which one should I go for? I figured that maybe Anna would know what to do, so I just followed her in the mall as she grabbed all sorts of clothing for me. There was such a variety like, workout clothing, dresses, sun dresses, summer clothes, winter clothes, everything. It was sort of awesome to choose whatever I want to. But I felt like we shouldn’t be spending so much money.




“Hey, Anna, why don’t we just stop here?” I grabbed the credit card from her.




“Would you like to go home now?” she smiled.




“Yeah, we’ve been here for hours and I don’t want to waste so much money on myself.” I gave her the card back and she put it into her purse then we left.


Posted Image


At home there was nothing to do except try on all my clothes I got from the mall. To be honest, I liked all of them. Anna is very stylish and I can tell from her choice of clothing. I took off all the clothes and put back on my normal clothing from before. I noticed that I had my swimsuit on from the mall, it’s weird but I had the sudden urge to go swimming, not at my house but at a water park or just some public pool.




“Hey, is there a public pool around here with slides?” I asked Anna.




“You’re not supposed to be out at all today, you’re supposed to be getting ready for your party.” Anna sneered, “But if you want to go, just turn right at the end of this road and walk about for 3 minutes and you will find it. You really can’t miss such a big place.”




“Thank you! I will be back before three o’clock, I promise.” I smiled and ran out the door with a towel.




I had makeup on still, but I mean I guess it was alright that it was on right? There are probably other girls with makeup on, too. So after I turned the corner of this hilly road, I walked for a moment and I heard water. I felt like it was calling to me so I ran faster and faster until I found it! Luckily it was empty today so I had it all to myself. I entered the gate and I was glad that there were bushes and trees around the pool area because it would be awkward with people just walking around and looking at me while I am alone.




Taking off my clothes, I began to feel the coldness of the water and it was pretty nice and clear. I stepped my foot into the water and emerged myself beneath the whole thing. I looked up at the sky from below the water; it was so blue and full with clouds. The sun shot rays through the water making disco circles on the floor of the pool. I liked the way this felt, but I needed air so I shot up like a mermaid (at least it felt like it) and cleared my face of the water. There were guys coming in and laughing with each other, it was going to be super awkward now. One of them pointed to me and I just swam the other way, I was going to mind my own business. I climbed up the ladder to the top of the water slide and was ready to go down but one of the guys took me by the waist and pulled me off.




“Hey!” I struggled, “Let go of me! What do you want?”




The guy let go, “Calm down, I was saving your life damnit. That slide is broken; we came today to fix it.”




“Well geez, you could have just screamed it out to me instead of startling me.” I jumped back into the water, “You can fix it good and I will just be down here.”




“Suit yourself.”




The guy threw his tool box on the ground and started working as the others came into the pool. I was just looking at them helping each other, how could they have such great skills at just fixing a water slide? I thought it was pretty amazing; I didn’t really have something like friendship; maybe Anna, and maybe not. I wanted to laugh out with others too and hang out whenever. It was only my second day out of the hospital and I wanted a life.




“Hey, my name is YoSeob…sorry about HyunSeung, he tends to be like that to everyone.” YoSeob smiled and stuck his hand out.




I looked at it, “What do I do now…?”




YoSeob laughed, “Are you not human? You take your hand and place it in mine and then- - Hey!”




Another guy started choking YoSeob but I could tell it was in a jokingly way, “That’s not it, it’s a handshake. You’ve never shook anyone’s hand before?”




I shook my head, “No, I was just released from the hospital yesterday morning… I don’t recall anything.”




The two were silent, “I see, umm… Here let’s try. My name is DuJun and what’s yours?”




I put my hand in his and he held it firmly, “SuMin…Baek SuMin.”




“Baek SuMin?!” a different guy this time, came swimming after me and I got out as fast as I could. My heart raced really fast and when he got closer I screamed, “Oh, s-sorry. I didn’t mean to frighten you. It’s just… you’re that girl! You’re all over the news!”




I calmed down, “I’d prefer you just call me SuMin and act like I am not on the news.”




“Oh, I see. Alright then, my name is DongWoon.” He smiled.




“No handshake?” I asked.




“Sometimes, it’s a bow, a handshake and just a smile. DongWoon likes smiles.” YoSeob explained.




“I see - -“




“Are you three going to flirt all day or help me finish this quickly so we can all slide down?!” HyunSeung seemed like he was angry all the time.




“Who’s that guy next to him?” I asked.




“That’s JunHyung, he seems to understand his stubbornness and rudeness.” DuJun said, “The one to the left of JunHyung is GiKwang, he’s all muscle and jokes.”




I looked at the public pool clock and it was passed three o’clock. I cursed at it for a moment, I didn’t want to go back yet but I had to, I promised Anna. I got out of the pool and grabbed my clothes. I turned back around to face them, “If you want, there is this party tonight for me it is like a welcoming party. Come if you’d like. It’s for everyone, so invite people. Just wear something nice.”
With their okays and smiles (except for HyunSeung, he growled), I left.

new guys new guys :D hahaha.. gotta love em!