Anna, My Maid;

Deep Waters;

Baek SuMin. Baek SuMin. Baek SuMin… My name remains in my head. I try to remember what it means and why it is my name. Then I think of my parents who are here (I think they are my parents), they have the last name Baek and they told me my name was SuMin. So, that’s who I am right? I don’t remember anything at all. Nothing. I don’t know why and it’s kind of weird. I didn’t even know my own name. Baek SuMin. It’s really weird and mysterious to me.

“SuMinah, we can go home now.”

My mother grabbed my sheets and pulled them down my legs and gave me clothes to change into. What she was wearing, it was beautiful, such beautiful dark blue colors and a pencil skirt. Her hair was well done, too. As I put on the clothes she gave me, I found myself amazed of how I looked. I looked very high class and the funniest part was that I didn’t even know I looked like this. My face is so baby like, my eyes are almond shaped, my lips full, and I was pretty and thin. I looked at my arms; I even had a little muscle going on. This is really weird, it’s like I became a new person.

“SuMin? Are you finished in there?” my father called from the door.

I grabbed my patience clothing and handed it to a nurse as I walked out to the car with my parents. A man wearing a black suit and sunglasses opened the car door for me and my mother and I slip inside the car while my father sat in the one in front of us. I felt like this was a good time to ask some questions.

“Um… Omma, am I right?” I looked at her with a question.

She laughed, “Yes, I am your mom, what is it?”

“Why was I in the hospital and why are we in such big cars?” I looked outside.

“Well…” she paused, “I will tell you later on when you feel better but we are going to our company. Right now, we came to pick you up so that we can show you your new life and where you are going to be staying.”
I scratched my head, “Alright, but I feel fine.”

Mother just smiled and we sat quietly until we reached the company. It was really huge, I felt like I was going to get crushed if I stood underneath it too long. I stepped my pretty foot with my 3 inch heals on the walkway into the company and lifted myself out of the car. I looked around me and there were so many people, maybe I wasn’t used to this. I walked in close to my mother as we went up the floors. I really didn’t know what to do so I just kept quiet and sat down as cameras took pictures of my parents and I. There were people sitting down in front of us with notebooks and pens ready to write something, but what?

My father signaled them to all settle down and he took a deep breath, “Thankfully, our daughter has been released from the hospital. We cannot say anything of why she was in there but we are just happy to say that she is back and healthy. Please do not overwhelm her with questions, she is still recovering. I trust you all to take good care of her because if you don’t, there are guards everywhere who knows who she is.”

He looked at me and smiled. I’d have to say that I was creep-ed out for a few moments, guards who already knew who I was? That was amazing but at the same time… creepy. I just smiled and answered to the crowd as they asked me questions like, “What’s your name?” “How old are you?” “Were you adopted?” “How come you were in hiding for all your life?” In hiding? So, I was told that I am 22 years old and I was in hiding all my life up until now? Goodness, what happened to me?

“Thank you, that is all we have time for, we have to take her around our home to make her more comfortable.”

We waved before we went back into the car. It may be weird but I felt like maybe, before I couldn’t remember anything, I was a pretty jolly person. I felt like one. I felt like cracking some jokes and laughing until I made myself cry – but everyone was so tense. How could I get comfortable to this city if everyone around me right now was so tense? I sighed as I saw a big house come up but then I blinked once more and noticed it had “Baek Residence” on it.

My mouth opened wide, “This is where we live?”

“Yes, you will have it all to yourself most of the time, your father and I will always be busy so we hope that you go out and make many friends. Your guards are told to be about a mile away from you.” My mother smiled, “Privacy is what an adult wants.”

I nodded, “But one mile? How are they able to see where I am going then or what if I get attacked?”

“They’ll know, trust them.” She smiled and placed a hand on mine, “Well, go in now, Anna will show you around the house. Anna is a trustworthy maid of ours, just follow her and you should have no problem.”
I got out and then turned around, “You aren’t coming?”

“No, I must meet with the ministers and talk about business for your father.” She told the driver to drive and she called back, “Don’t wait up for dinner!”

I must’ve made a sad face because the guards in front of the house we trying to cheer me up as I entered the house. They said things like, how was your day and would you like some cake, I just declined and asked where Anna was.

“I am here,”

I turned to look at Anna, she was beautiful. Like a Barbie, like a mother. She put a smile on my face and I felt it already. I ran up to her and hugged her and I found myself crying, “I’m sorry, I’m just so glad I’m not that alone here...”

Anna chuckled a little, “That’s alright but we must hurry and look around the house, it’s getting dark soon and your parents told me to let you out around 6 o’clock everyday so that you can hang out and things like that.”
“Really? Wow, they are pretty lenient.” I laughed.

Anna showed me the pool that was to the right of the house; it was big and 7 feet deep. I could swim in that. The next thing she showed me were the rooms (there were about 10) and they were all so big and fluffy looking. Anna also showed me my room, which was on the top of the house and it had a balcony. I immediately fell in love with it when I stepped into the room. It was so spacious and the atmosphere was just right.

“What else is there in this house?” I asked as I sat on my bed.

“I’m afraid a lot more.” She made a funny face, “Come, let’s go to the play room.”

“Like for little kids?” I asked as I followed her down the stairs and into a hallway.

Anna turned around and I walked into the room first, “Not quite, it has a pool table, cards, darts, everything else. There is even a bar in here, which, you are old enough to drink now. Want to try something?”

“Sure… What does it taste like?” I sat down on a chair.

“Everything has their own taste.” She poured me a glass of rich wine and I took it as she handed it to me. I took a sip and it tasted kind of bitter and sweet but I didn’t mind it. I think I drank the whole cup to be honest, “Okay, so now that you have tried that I am going to show you my most favorite part of this house and I think you’ll love it as well.”

I nodded and I closed the play room door behind me. I followed her happy slippers as we passed by the spiral stairs and went into this short hallway that led to outside and to a different section of the house. This part of the house was quiet and nice. It was bubbled… like a bubble house? Really weird but I loved it because you could see everything that was outside, the woods, the sky, the pool, and just everything.

“It’s a little creepy at night but it is still so nice.” Anna said quickly.

“Hmm… I like it too but I think I enjoy my house more.” I smiled and ran back into the main house and Anna followed me.

We went into the living room and sat down and I put my feet down. I felt water and something nibbling on my feet so I jumped up so high and screamed so loud that guards came in. Anna laughed so hard as she pointed to me and told my guards that it was alright and they left.

“Look SuMin, they’re just fish.” She pointed to the floor, “In the living, where we are now, there is an open pond with clean water and there are a variety of fish in it. Isn’t that great?”

I calmed down and she was still laughing, “Yes, that’s cool but you should’ve warned me.”

“I wanted to have a good laugh. I haven’t had one until now.” Anna smiled at me.

“I mean… it was pretty funny though.” I shrugged, “Are there any other surprises for me?”

“Well, tomorrow you have a welcoming party that will include almost everyone in the city and those who want to join. It’s strictly formal and I think it’s really awesome that not only rich people can attend it.” Anna winked at me, “I am going as well.”

“Really? They are really trying to make me feel comfortable with my surrounding, huh?”

“Yep… well, do you want to go out? It’s time now.”

I looked at the clock, right on the dot 6 o’clock. I thought about it but I was pretty exhausted, “No, I will just stay here for the night and go out in the morning to look for something nice to wear to the party.”

“Then I will go with you tomorrow, fashion is my specialty.”

After a while, Anna left to clean the house and it got really quiet so I fell asleep on the couch. Until tomorrow… I would just rest. My head kind of hurt.

hahaha, i hope you continue to read! this was just the intro, so i bet it is boring :/

but i promise! it'll get more interesting later on haha