Packing the car

Everyday Miracles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

”Wook, do you have Kiki?” Kangin asked, running around and trying to make sure that all bags were ready to be packed in the car and nobody had forgotten anything.

 

“Kiki!” Ryeowook happily shouted from where he was seated on the floor beside the stairs, shoving the giraffe in the air to show that she was safe in his hands. Kangin nodded and hurried to the playroom, only to turn around himself twice before running back to the hall.

 

“Did you get all the toiletries?” he asked Eeteuk in a stressed voice, as the younger helped Hyukjae get his shoes on.

 

“Yes, calm down, Youngwoon,” Eeteuk chuckled, highly amused by the way Kangin was running around like a headless chicken. “I think we have it all, and if we’ve forgotten something, we can just buy it when we get there.”

 

Kangin stopped and took two deep breaths, inhaling and exhaling deeply, before smiling at the nanny.

 

“Thank you. I needed that,” Kangin muttered, crouching down to help Ryeowook get his shoes on.

 

“You don’t say,” Eeteuk whispered to Hyukjae and Donghae behind his hand, causing both twins to break out in fits of giggles.

 

“Yah, don’t laugh at your appa!” he insisted as he sat down on the stairs, Wookie on his lap as he tried to put a jacket on the toddler. “Why won’t this go on?” he groaned, trying to get Ryeowook’s arm through one of the sleeves of the jacket. It didn’t go through, however, and little wails of laughter were heard from the toddler.

 

“Did you take Kiki first?” Siwon asked from his place at the door, already in his outerwear and shoes and ready to go.

 

“Of course I-“ Kangin began but blushed when he stuck his hand inside the sleeve and found a bunched up giraffe plushie.

 

“Let me handle this, okay?” Eeteuk softly instructed, lifting Ryeowook off of Kangin’s lap and beginning to ease the boy into the jacket.

 

“Can we go outside and play?” Donghae asked energetically, looking very much forward to going on holiday.

 

“Yes, but only in front of the house,” Kangin allowed, thankful once again that the house had gates; it made it so much easier to let the kids go outside when he knew they couldn’t leave the grounds. The three oldest darted out of the front door, going directly for an abandoned football lying on the ground before they began kicking and tossing it around.

 

“There you go, sweetie,” Eeteuk smiled one Ryeowook’s jacket was all buttoned up and the toddler was on the floor again.

 

“Pway!” he insisted, trying to run out the door. Eeteuk followed him out the door, looking at the other boys playing around with the ball.

 

“Boys, Wookie wants to play too. Can you play nicely while me and appa pack the car?” he asked, earning loud yells of confirmation. He smiled when Donghae ran over and took Ryeowook’s hand, helping him run to the ball and letting him kick it. Though the ball didn’t go farther than a meter or so, all three boys cheered loudly, making the toddler laugh and chase after the ball once again.

 

Eeteuk turned around and went into the house again, finding Youngwoon still sitting on the stairs with his head in his hands. Eeteuk crouched down in front of him.

 

“Hey, what’s the matter? You seem completely out of it,” Eeteuk asked worriedly, running a hand soothingly through Youngwoon’s hair before he could stop himself. The older man had seemed out of it all morning and Eeteuk was worried about him. Kangin lifted his head, leaning into the caring touch with closed eyes.

 

“I got a call last night. I haven’t slept well,” Kangin admitted, opening his eyes and looking into Eeteuk’s worried ones.

 

“Who called and what did they want?” Eeteuk asked, gently massaging Kangin’s scalp.

 

“I… it’s not important,” Kangin shook his head, seemingly breaking out of his daze as he moved to stand up. Eeteuk had a feeling the older was hiding something, but he didn’t want to push it out of him. He figured that if it had something to do with him, Kangin would tell him.

 

“I guess I’m just nervous about this holiday. It’s the first time we actually go somewhere during a holiday,” Kangin admitted, his hand mov

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter