the ex

My Drabbles

Kim Myungsoo.

You cringed at those two words. You stared at yourself in the mirror for a while before finally breaking down. The tears just wouldn't stop. You just couldn't control your emotions, couldn't deny your feelings. "Psht. It's not like I'm hurt...I'm not hurt. No, I'm not affected at all." you would say.
 
Now, however, things were different. You swore you wouldn't meet someone like this; that you would never have a one-side love. Then, he just had to go on and change all of that. He screwed with your feelings, your friends, your self-esteem, your life. Heck, you never even dated properly. So, like this, you sat on your bed with your shoulders slumped and the waterworks flowing like Niagara falls was on your face.
 
You finally let out an exasperated sigh. This was it. You were done with feeling miserable. Clutching your sore dry throat, you went into the kitchen for a drink of water. Then you reapplied your makeup, wiping away the mascara stains on your face.
 
The doorbell sounded. It was him. With confident saunters, you stepped towards the door, eventually pulling it open with the slightest effort and the most grace.
 
"Hey. You ready?" he asked, hands in his pockets, lips forming a happy and anticipating smile. "Ready as I'll ever be." you attempted to grin back. He didn't buy it; your bloodshot eyes gave you away.
 
"Still thinking about him? I told you to block him out; he didn't deserve someone as great as you, babe." he told you, brushing a lock of hair behind your ear, his eyes concerned and anxious.
 
"I know, Howon-ah. I deserve you." you smiled happily, getting on your tiptoes to kiss him tenderly. You two held hands as you made your way to the restaurant for your 1-month anniversary.
 
Without Myungsoo on your mind at all.