all falls down

My Drabbles

"What I said...I didn't mean it!"she pleaded with him,clutching his sleeve in desperation.

 
The man just stared glassily at her,unable to bear anymore.
 
"I'm leaving." he curtly stated before turning out the front door.
 
"NO!" she begged, almost a scream. The neighbors would have definitely heard by then. "Another fight again?No surprise there." they would say, eyeballing the cacophonous shrieks and thuds. 
 
Sliding down to the foot of her door, she watched his retreating figure in defeat. Then, she crumbled, her wails wrecking her whole body that shook violently from her excessant cries of guilt, fury and regret. She shouldn't have done this, done that. Shouldn't have let him take his things, shouldn't have accused. Should have checked for evidence, should have reminded him of her love. She wanted another chance to prove he was the only one.
 
For a while, it seemed like she had gathered enough courage. However, the negative thoughts flooded in again, draining her of whatever emotion was left in her. It felt cold, so very cold. So lonely. Fearful. Desperate. Defeated. 
 
It was clear now; their relationship was nothing but a thing of the past. There was no denying it - it had all fallen down.