Talking to the Moon [JUNBROS]

2PM

 

Junsu clutched tightly onto his own hair, sorrow running through his very veins, tainting his very own heart as he remembered the very incident that caused him to lose his mind. Or did he lose his mind. To be honest, he most certainly didn’t think he did – it was just the opinion of all the mindless zombies that surrounded him. The pain surged faster through his limbs, more flashbacks recurring in his mind, causing him to begin to shake uncontrollably.

 

“I love you, you know that right?” Junsu confessed, tightening his hold around the other’s small waist, the waist he adored so much. The other’s bright laugh filled the air.

“Of course I do silly. And I love you too.” He replied, a sweet occurring tone in his voice, full of hope and love.

“That’s good…” Junsu drifted off, his eyes never leaving the ones of his lover, wanting to drown inside the beautiful brown orbs that the other possessed.

“You’re staring.” His lover stated, a small smile on his bright pink lips.

“It’s hard to keep my eyes off you.” Junsu admitted, continuing to stare. The other laughed again, and Junsu loved it. He felt a soft hand his own cheek, and he couldn’t help but close his eyes and lose himself into the teasing touch – another simple thing he loved about his lover.

 

Tears streamed from his own darkened eyes, clutching his head again in pain. It wasn’t like he didn’t want to remember, most of all he wanted to remember – but it was the surging pain and horror he felt drive his body mad when he did think of his lover. It was killing him. Junsu stared through the window, a large light peering back at him, and he wondered: If he spoke to the amazing moon itself, would his lover be listening on the other side? Would his pleads and whispers be heard by the one they were meant for? Or would he be redeemed to become the crazy man everyone thought he was? Junsu didn’t know, and before he had time to contemplate that matter even further, another fragment of his memory shot through his mind.

 

“Do you think… we’ll always be together?” a small voice asked, sounding sleepy as they both lay on the comfortable bed after a long night of affection and love. Junsu held sweetly onto the others hand, reassuring the other already.

“Of course. Don’t you ever doubt that.” He stated, wanting nothing more than to believe that himself. Whatever time both of them had left in this sad, confusing world – he was determined to get through it together, live together, love each other, and die together.

“I won’t.” those words that peered out of his lover’s mouth, made him exceptionally happy that night. It pierced his heart in the best way possible. Junsu couldn’t think of anywhere else he’d rather be, for the rest of his life, than right here – holding the love of his life in his arms, knowing that he loved him back.

“I want to live and die with you.” Junsu said, sweeping his hand through the other’s soft and silky hair, hearing the other sigh in complete relief at Junsu’s words.

“I’m glad. Because that’s exactly how I feel about you.” He replied, and snuggled into Junsu more, grabbing the other’s body heat for his own need, and making sure that Junsu would never let go of him – forever.

 

Junsu begged for his mind to stop with the surging pain, to stop with the morbid ache, to stop doing this to him. His own mind was playing with him in the harshest way possible. He walked to the back door and stepped outside, peering out at the moon again, closing his eyes, as he began to sing a sweet lullaby, that his lover loved with all his heart.

 

“You’re amazing. Sing it again?” he asked, trying to convince the other to submit at his needs and sing the song again – although if it was really up to him, he’d have Junsu’s voice box on repeat.

“No, it’s time for bed.” Junsu replied, ruffling the other’s head softly as he smiled brightly. He chuckled at the other’s attempt at a convincing pout.

“…Fine.” He finally gave in and walked into the bedroom first, plopping himself down onto the soft covers, waiting for Junsu to arrive and give him that little extra comfort that he simply loved to gain at night. When Junsu did arrive – seconds afterwards – he wasted no time in wrapping his strong arms around his smaller lover, squeezing him tight – giving him all he wanted.

“Sleep tight gorgeous.” He whispered, and closed his eyes before drifting off to sleep beside the one he truly loved.

 

Junsu ached inside. He looked around the garden. He knew what everyone else thought. Junsu was pretty famous for being the talk of the entire neighbourhood – and why? Mostly because he talked to the moon, trying to communicate with his lover, trying so hard – to get the other to notice him, or even signal him that he was indeed listening and he could feel Junsu’s pain because, it was never meant to be like this… Not at all. But it seemed, fate had other plans for Junsu, other plans that did not involve his lover at all.

 

“Please, you’re overreacting!” he heard the hurt tone in the others voice, but his mind was clouded by rage and anger.

“! I saw the way you touched her!” Junsu screamed, letting all of his anger out as he tried to drive properly. Maybe it wasn’t the best situation to argue in, but he needed to release some of his pain.

“It-It wasn’t what it looked like! Honestly.” The other stated, trying to keep his cries underneath his voice, but they were slowly breaking through. Junsu growled.

“Yeah yeah. And the kissing, that was just a prop?” he argued back, his eyes going blurry – shaded with pure anger. He heard the other choke a little.

“Junsu… I would never hurt you. Please believe me…” he pleaded, gripping onto Junsu’s bicep, but the next line the other said, completely threw him off-guard.

“Don’t ing touch me!” Junsu screamed and turned to face the other, sadness pouring from his tone, and anger metaphorically pouring from his eyes. He flinched away from the others touch almost immediately. The other jerked up in surprise. Junsu stared. He saw the other stare at the front, and he witnessed a small crystal tear flowing down the right side of his face slowly, as if it contained all of his feelings. Junsu heard a very loud noise. He whisked to the front and couldn’t believe his eyes. He quickly turned to the other and stared in disbelief - his lover didn’t move in that split second, but Junsu had enough time to grab the others hand, and whisper a soft ‘sorry’ before their car was hit by a massive truck, crushing them completely.

 

Junsu felt his own tear flow down his face as he remembered the tragic incident. He knew, no matter how many times his companions tried to convince him otherwise, it was utterly his fault. If only, he had believed the other like he should have, if only he had been more aware of his surroundings, if only he had paid attention to what was going on in front of him. He stared up to the moon again, thinking back on how every night; he would gaze upon the bright satellite, and start talking. It was as if his lover could hear him on the other side. Junsu was desperately still trying to get to the other, he wondered if the other was placed high above at the other side, sitting, listening to the stories Junsu would tell him. Did he listen? Was it even possible?

 

When he awoke, surrounding him was complicated machines and loud piercing noises, a small chair, and drugs. Junsu wondered where he was. How did he get here? He blinked a few times before realising that there was another presence in the room with him. He stared. From the back, it looked like his perfect lover. He had the same light brown, perfectly styled hair, he was the same perfect wait, and had the same figure. But, when the stranger turned around, Junsu’s smile was immediately wiped off his face, and pain replaced it instead. It was just a doctor. Was his mind playing tricks with him? But wait… Doctor… Painful flashbacks completely filled his mind, and he remembered.

Car. Argument. Noise. Tear. Crash.

“…W-Where… i-is?” he couldn’t finish his sentence before he started to get up. The doctor quickly restrained him.

“Let. Me. Go!” he ordered as he struggled against the tight hold, he needed to see his lover, needed to see if he was alright. He wouldn’t be able to bear it if anything happened.

“Get me security!” he heard the rough voice of the doctor shout, and soon enough he was being held down by three other guys.

 

Talking to the moon. Every night. What a silly motion. But, Junsu needed this to survive. He needed to believe that he was on the other side, smiling at him, listening to him, and replying if he was capable. In his mind, he always just listened to Junsu’s sweet voice. But sometimes, Junsu had to wonder.

Was he a fool? Was he insane? Why was it that the moon reminded him so much of his perfect lover? Junsu didn’t know. All he knew, was that it did, and he felt connected to him through the satellite in the deep dark sky. This was the only way he could stay connected. Was it so hard to ask for people to accept him? Of course it was. But, Junsu will never give up. Because, in his thorough mind, talking to the moon, every single night, despite the looks and snarky comments he got off people, let him reminiscence with his lover, let him be reminded of all the good times they had; and all the bad times they shared, this was his way of making it up to him.

“Junho, I love you.” He whispered, his voice getting carried by the wind up towards the atmosphere.

Could someone really be listening to him?

Yes.