Chapter 22

Get With Me

 

After a few weeks since Woohyun came over, Nami has been getting countless calls from Key.

“You do realize you’ve been skipping out on work lately?”

“But I can’t just go to work…”

“You don’t have to do any of the stuff you did before, you know that right?”

“I know, but still…talking to other men…”

“How about your debt?”

“I can find some other way-“

“No. You know the company itself is forcing you. Sweetie, you have no choice. You have to come to work. Plus I’ve been seeing more people coming over that work for your stepmom. You have to be more careful. You don’t know what she’s planning. If she catches you not working, you’ll be in big trouble. Not to mention, if she finds out about the thing with Myungsoo, you’ll be screwed, him included.”

“Can’t you find a way?”

“I can’t do anything. You know that!”  Key made it obvious that he's had enough of her skipping out on work. All Nami was doing was just putting herself and the people around her in trouble.

“Nami, you’re coming to work tonight. That is final, understand?”

Key hung up and Nami looked at the phone in disgust. “Stupid ahjussi…”



“So you’re going?” Myungsoo asked, obviously irritated.

“I have to…” Nami said, putting her heels on.

Myungsoo sighed and scratched his head. “This is a bad idea.”

“I have no choice.”

Myungsoo looked at her awkwardly and nodded. “I get it, babe. Just don’t…go overboard…”

Nami bit her lip and sighed in agreement. “I won’t. I’m sorry about this.”

Myungsoo smiled and kissed her forehead. “It’s fine. Good luck tonight. And oh, I sent Seungyeol and the boys to check up on your stepmother.”

“Thanks…”

She reached for the door and he grabbed her hand. “No kissing, no hugging, NONE of that.”

Nami laughed and opened the door. “Later. Love you.”

Myungsoo sulked and watched her leave.

“I’m worried about what they would do to you though…pabo.”

 

“Finally!!” Taeyeon yelled, running over to hug Nami. “I haven’t seen you since you came over to my house!”

“I’m sorry…” Nami muttered.

Taeyeon sighed and patted her head. “This must for you.”

“You think?”

“Welcome back.”

Nami turned her head and saw Key. He had his arms crossed and a somewhat irritated expression on his face.

“Why are you the irritated one?” Nami grumbled, walking past him towards the dressing room.

Taeyeon and Key looked at each other.

“Back to square one huh. She hates you again,” Taeyeon told him.

“If her stepmother finds out, things will get worse for her. This is what’s best for her at the moment. Besides, she’s our top hostess and she earns the most out of everyone here so we need her anyway.”

“Best for her huh…Key…Have you not told her the truth yet?

Key looked at Taeyeon and pulled out a cigarette. “Not until the time is right.”

Taeyeon sighed and Key patted her shoulder. “Thanks for keeping it from her all this time.”

Taeyeon glared at him. “Key, I’m not doing this for your sake. Nami's like a little sister to me. If you don’t tell her, I will. Things will be hell for her when it'll be too late and she finds out herself.”

Key chuckled, “I understand. I’ll tell her, don’t worry.”

 

“Wah, I haven’t seen you in forever!” said one of her clients. “I came everyday for the past two weeks, but you were never here!”

Nami stifled a fake smile and rested her elbow on the table, putting her chin on the palm of her hand.

“I missed you. How is everything going?” she asked.

‘God I feel so stupid. Why am I doing this again? So gross.’

“I’m doing good. My fiancée is really annoying though…”

Nami glared at him, “Do you love her?”

“I guess…”

Nami slapped her forehead. “Why are you doing this…You should rather be with your girlfriend than with me, stupid moron.”

The man raised a brow. “…you knew I had a girlfriend but you never cared.”

Nami flinched. ‘How could I forget? …I’m supposed to comfort them, not ing lecture them.’

“You’ve…changed…” the man muttered. "You never called me that before. You know who's paying you right?"

“I’m sorry,” Nami said seductively, sliding a finger under his chin. ‘Sorry Myungsoo, I touched him.’

“Ah, I was right. Being with you is the best,” the man smiled. Nami's eye twitched. He was totally stupid.

“Hey…you want to go to a hotel tonight?”

Nami jerked her hand away. “I’m not doing that anymore!”

The man was dumbfounded and everyone in the club stared at her. She cleared , “Sorry.”

He nodded and twirled the curls in her hair. “I understand.”

Nami clenched a fist. She wanted to push him away. 'Get your filthy hands off.'

After the man left, Nami counted the money. $100. She sighed and fanned herself with the money. “All this money seems pointless…”

“Woooow, a $100 again?”

Nami looked over the tables and saw Taeyeon.

“Yeah…”

“You really do earn more than everyone here. I usually get $80 per client.”

“Yeah…well I get over 15 clients every night. So that’s over $1500. I don’t even get to keep half of that. So you're in good shape.”

Taeyeon furrowed her brows and bit her lip.

“Nami…”

“Hm?”

Taeyeon paused for a minute and shook her head. “Never mind…”

At the end of the night, Nami earned a little over $1200 and she stared at the stack of cash in front of her. She snatched it off the table and stomped over to the dressing room and handed it over to Key.

“There.”

Key counted the money and whistled impressively. “Woow, $1290? How do you do it?”

Nami rolled her eyes and held out her hand. “Gimme.”

Key counted the money again and handed over her share, “$322.”

Nami snatched it from his hands and left the room. “Thanks.”

She was about to leave until he grabbed her hand. “Don’t go home tonight.”

Nami blushed in anger and embarrasment. “WHAT?! You know I have a-”

“No no no that’s not what I meant!"

"What do you mean then?"

"That weird secretary of yours is following you. My guys told me they saw him in a car outside. Unless you don’t want to not see Myungsoo ever again, it would be wise of you to stay home for now.”

Nami glared at him. “Are you serious…”

“Dead serious.”

She jerked her hand away. “Fine. I’ll call him tonight.”

Key watched her leave then looked at the cash in his hands. “Sorry, Nami.”

 

“I see her, ma’am. Yes…she’s leaving the club right now.”

“Good. Follow her and see where she’s been these past few weeks.”

“Yes ma’am.”

"How's our new driver doing?"

"Perfectly fine."

"Good. Make sure you two don't get caught."

"Right."

Dongwoo hung up and lifted the bridge of his glasses and watched Nami get in her car.

“What do I do sir?” asked the driver.

“Follow that car.”

 

 

 

 

 

Waaaah, Sooo I've started working in the summer and I have NO time to be updating daily. Soooo, I'll be updating every other day, plus I'm sorry for such the late update since I've been constantly getting sick and all due to the weather changes T____T But anyways, I hope you're having a good summer everyone!