THREE: From Friends to Lovers

Keeping Love Again

Theme Song:Keeping Love Again - SHINee

>>>>>

 

you, do you know Jung Ah unnie returned?” Hyo Sung asked me.

“I know. I met her yesterday when I hang out with Jinki.”

Yesterday, I lied about catching my favorite drama and left them alone. Actually, I went to the nearest bookstore for some reading. Later, I saw Jinki sent her back with his bicycle while she holding on his waist. It irks me...

“Why did she come back? Look at all the guys, look at Gyu! His eyes are beaming!”

Jung Ah unnie used to be the president of MADS (Musical, Acting, Dancing and Singing) Club. It is a club that we joined during our first year when she was on her final year. She is gorgeous, talented and capable. A lot of guys in the club fall for her but no one get her heart except Jinki. Both of them are good singers and they shared the same passion towards singing. They were perfect couple but they break up a few days before unnie went overseas to further study in New York. The reason of their break up still remained unknown. I asked Jinki before but he is reluctant to tell me and gradually, I forget about it. Some best friend like me…

“Noona, what’s brought you back to Korea?” Sung Gyu asked out of curiosity.

“I’m back for holiday and…,” she glances to Jinki.

“What is it Jung Ah noona?” Jinon asks.

“…there’s something that I need to settle.”

“Settle?” the guys looked clueless.

“Jung Ah, when did you come back?” said Prof. Junsu.

“Yesterday, Prof.”

“Boys, I’m going to borrow Jung Ah for a while~” He said cheekily and the guys look disappointed.

“See ya’all later!” She walked away with Prof. Junsu.

you, did you reached home safely yesterday?” Jinki asked and I nodded.

“Unnie’s long hair suits her. She looks gorgeous with it.” Sung Gyu praised.

“Hmph, my long hair is nice too. It’s soft and touchable,” said Hyo Sung.

Clearly, Sung Gyu didn’t hear that and he continues, “Jinki, do you think she come back for you?”

I saw Jinki glimpse at me, “Don’t joke about it, I think she just missed us.” He said that with an uneasy look. “Let’s have lunch!”

 

“Bye you!” said Zico. He is one of my juniors from Hit ‘n Run Club. It’s a baseball club and I’m the president of the club. “See you tomorrow, you!” said Daehyun.

“Yah, call me noona!” I shout at them.

“Why? You don’t look like one.” They just giggled and left me behind with the bats and balls. Luckily, there’s a kind-hearted junior that always helped me.

“Taemin-ah, I will treat you soda after this.” I said.

He is carrying the bats in his arms, “Noona, can I have banana milk instead?” He looked at me cheerfully.

I think for a while and said, “Cannot because I hate milk!”

His face looks disappointed instantly.

“Yah, you’re so cute” I messed up his hair and laughed, “Of course you can have banana milk.”

Taemin smiled and followed me to the store room. When we’re about to reach, I grabbed his arm and hide behind the wall.

“What it is noona?”

I saw Jinki sitting with Jung Ah unnie but they didn’t saw me because their backs are facing me. They are chatting and joking around like couples. Then, Jinki turned to unnie and their face getting nearer as he shifted his head to the left. Are they going to kiss? I gasped and unknowingly dropped all the balls in my hands. I can’t control the urge in myself and I randomly picked one ball and aimed his head.

“Noona, what are you doing?” Taemin sort of shocked when I did that and the ball hits his head hard.

“Ouch!” He rubbed his head in vain.

“Teukie, are you okay?” said Jung Ah unnie.

“Lee Teuk oppa?” My mouth opened in horror as I hit the wrong guy. He is no other but the former president of Hit n Run, the senior that I respect.

They turned to my direction and saw me standing with evidence aka baseballs all over the place. “you?

 

I’m now sitting with Jung Ah unnie while Lee Teuk oppa helping Taemin to keep all the stuff. I apologized to him and he forgives me already. Besides, he praised my skill is getting better than last time.

“Tell me, do you like Jinki?” said Jung Ah unnie.

I admitted it shyly by nodding my head.

She chuckled. Then, she whispered something into my ears. “Do you know why Jinki and I decided to break up?”

I shook my head.

“It’s because he said he doesn’t want to waste my time as his heart already belong to someone.”

My heart stopped, Jinki has a secret admirer but I don’t even know? Who’s that girl?

“However, he couldn’t tell her.”

“Why?” I asked.

“Because she is his best friends.”

 

That night,

*Ding Dong*

"you?” asked Jinki. He seems surprised to see me visiting him this late.

“I need a talk.”

“Come in,” He invited me and I take a seat at the couch. The table in the living room is full with papers and books. He seems busy with his work.

“Sorry, it’s a bit messy.” He roughly arranged his stuff. “I’m making coffee. Do you want some?”

“Sure.”

He took off his study glasses and put it on the table before he heads to the kitchen. After a while, he arrived with two cups of hot coffee. He puts one in front of me and holding another in his hand. He takes a seat next to me.

“What is it?” he asked as he drinks his coffee.

“Jinki, do you….do you like me?”

He choked on his coffee and almost dropped his cup.

“Why are you so clumsy?” I laughed and put his cup on the table. I quickly pull a few tissues and give it to him. Up close, I noticed his face turned red.

“Th-ank you,” his voice shake a little when he answered me. Did I scare him?

“I..I..” He is tongue-tied, “How do you know?” embarrassedly he said. He didn’t dare to look into my eyes.

“Jung Ah unnie.”

“I told her not to tell anybody.” He mumbled while keeping his head facing the floor.

Suddenly, I stand up. “Why didn’t you tell me all this time? Why do I have to know this from someone else?” I said that angrily and turned my back on him.

His face changed, “I’m sorry, I don’t know it will make you angry. It’s just that I’m too afraid it will ruin our friendship.” Jinki answered with a shaky voice.

Pabo, he always considers other’s emotions first. In fact, I’m not angry with him but myself for being oblivious. I know how it feels to keep a one-sided loves, it must be hard for him.

So, I turned around and hug him.

you? You’re not angry with me?”

I looked at the guy who stands in front of me. I've known him for more than 10 years and he is certainly the kindest person that I ever met. I blamed myself for being such a fool to realize my feelings just recently.

“If I do, I will be the greatest fool in the world.” I giggled.

Jinki seems confused with my words and I released him from the hug. I’m holding his forearms and look straight into his eyes. From there, I can see my own reflection and I know he is looking intently at me. I have to tell him how I feel now…

“I lov…”

Before I can even complete my sentence, Jinki pressed his lips against mine. The sudden kiss took me aback and slowly I closed my eyes. It makes my heart racing like crazy and my world spins. I didn’t know his lips can be this soft and intoxicating. Since it is my first, my lips are trembling and I hope he didn’t notice it. Then, I feel his lips parted mine and I opened my eyes.

“I-I love you, you!” he confessed with a red face.

“Jinki, I love you too!” I blushed, "And I didn't expect you will kiss me like that...," I mumbled and touched my lips.

"Sorry! I should have asked you first..." He said that nervously, "...but I want to be the one to confess first..." shyly he rubs his neck.

"Jinki..." I'm touched with his words. He is so sweet.

"Then, would you be my girlfriend?"

"Pabo!" I poke his head.

"Is it a yes?" he asked again and I gave me a nod as a reply.

"Yes!" Happily he grabbed my waist and started to turn me around. He laughed and said, “You’re my girlfriend now~”

“Yah, put me down! I’m dizzy.”

“I will never put you down~” he sings.

 

<<<<<

A/N: Is the confession weird? Is it too short? Tbh, I'm a bit rush as I’m going back to my mom's hometown today. I won’t be able to update this fic for at least three days and I won’t be able to online on 25th which is also SHINee 4th Anniversary?! My poor life! T_T

Thanks for commenting, lita90. Your comment makes me so happy! I'm glad you like the story and the scene.kkk.

Also, sorry for the random club names and cameos all over the place. *hides myself*

P/S: Shy Onew is the cutest! XD

P/S 2: I'm sort of addicted to the highlighters. LOL

[24/5/2012]