Final

Why won't you tell him

 

 

When they arrived at the hotel, all the members decided to sit together in Kris’s and Tao’s room before heading to bed. They were all excited that tomorrow would be the day they’d get to perform in front of their international fans. The day they’d get to perform together with their company sunbaenims.

“Omo what if I fall down?” Tao wondered out loud, causing the other members to laugh with the cute maknae.

“Even if you fall down, it still won’t be that bad as the time I stuttered during our debut on Inkigayo” Kyungsoo pouted, hating the memory of their very first live broadcast.

“He’s right Tao, don’t worry, nothing can be as bad as Kyungsoo’s fail back then” Chanyeol said, his right eye closing completely as he laughed out loud.

“At least he doesn’t look like a complete idiot everytime he smiles” Kai retorted, defending his roommate and grabbed his hand, giving it a light squeeze.

Kyungsoo send Kai a smile and blushed when he saw that the dancer was still holding his hand. He didn’t pull away though, he liked it like this. He liked the way his stomach was doing somersaults. He liked the way the touch of Kai’s hand on his was sending shivers down his spine.

“Baekhyuuunn, Kai is being mean to me!” Chanyeol whined, hanging on to Baekhyun’s arm.

The latter just rolled his eyes and chuckled. “That’s because you ARE an idiot Chanyeol.”

“But you love this idiot don’t you?” Chanyeol whispered into Baekhyun’s ear, but it was loud enough for everyone to hear. It was a fact known to all that Chanyeol just can’t whisper. Baekhyun blushed madly at what the tall rapper just said and gave him a punch against his shoulder.

Kyungsoo smiled at the sight of his two friends, he couldn’t help but feel a bit jealous though. Kai on the other hand looked at his idiotic friends and wondered why he was stuck here in the room with everyone else, when he should be alone with Kyungsoo right now.

 

“I think we should play a game...” Baekhyun started.

“Game? I like games” Luhan said, obviously interested in what Baekhyun was thinking of.

“Of course you like games, you always win.” Lay sulked, thinking about earlier that day how he lost at the game off rock, paper, scissors together with Kyungsoo.

“What did you have in mind?” Sehun asked curiously.

“Well there’s this application I downloaded recently, it’s called truth or dare. You just spin the bottle on the screen and pick either truth or dare then answer the question or do the dare that the application gives you, it’s simple as that.” Baekhyun explained, gaining the attention of the other members.

“I don’t know if this is a smart idea Baekhyun…” Kai said, thinking of how playing games would only make him lose more time to be with the cute vocalist.

“I think this could turn out to be interesting, let’s do this” Kris said with a straight face and everyone looked at him, surprised the Exo-M leader said something like this.

“What? I like games too…”

 

Everyone scooted closer around the Iphone that Baekhyun had laid down on the floor. He tapped the screen and everyone was looking at it with great intent to see who it would land on. The bottle started slowing down and the first victim was…

Xiumin.

“Okay Minseokie-hyung, truth or dare” Baekhyun smirked.

“Euhm … truth I guess?”

Baekhyun tapped ‘truth’ on the screen and read the question that appeared. “When was the last time you watched ?”

Xiumin turned a bright red when Baekhyun asked the question.

“Yah! Baekhyun-ah, you didn’t say the questions would be like this!” Chen shouted, afraid of what question he might get later on.

“I didn’t know either, I just downloaded the application...” Baekhyun defended himself, he didn't want the others to think he was a total ert. “…I’m sorry, should we do something else?”

“No, actually I think this might get interesting.” Kris said with a smirk, the other members once again turning at him in shock.

“Gege… have you eaten something wrong today? You’re acting strange” Tao said, carefully inspecting Kris’s face to see if there weren’t any injuries or anything.

“No, is it that weird for me to like games?”

All the members nodded in response making Kris sigh.

“So what’s your answer hyung?” Sehun said carefully.

Xiumin hesitated a while before speaking. “The night before we headed to the airport...” He said in a low voice and hid his now red face in embarrassment.

 

They were playing the game for quite a while now and most of the members had their turn already except for Kyungsoo. Kai was getting a little impatient, thinking the game was taking too long, but all the other members seemed to be having fun so he couldn’t just walk out of the room and pull Kyungsoo with him.  

Suho tapped the screen and the bottle began spinning again, every member curious of who would be next.

Lay.

“Okay Yixing, Truth or dare?” Suho asked.

“Truth”

 “Okay euhm let’s see” Suho tapped the screen and slightly blushed when he read the question. "Have you ever overheard someone having ?”

Lay immediately looked at where Luhan and Sehun were sitting, giving them a glare.

“Yes”

Luhan began blushing madly and hid his face in hands, leaning his forehead on to Sehun’s shoulder.

“Oh my god… he didn’t have to make it so obvious…” Luhan muttered in pure embarrassment.

 

Even though Kyungsoo stayed quiet, observing the other members, he was actually having fun. He was glad the bottle didn’t land on him yet though; he’d rather avoid answering questions like that.

It was Lay’s turn to spin the bottle this time and this time it landed on Kai. Kyungsoo was glad he was saved from the embarrassment again, but glanced at Kai, who was sitting next to him. He was nervous about what Kai would pick.

“Truth” Kai didn’t feel like playing this stupid game at all. The only positive thing about it was that he was sitting next to Kyungsoo.

Lay tapped the phone and read the question that Kai had to answer to; “Are you currently in love with someone?”

“You know what this is a stupid game, shouldn’t we all just head for our own rooms?” This evening wasn’t even near how Kai had planned.

“It’s not fair to the other members if you don’t answer the question Kai…” Kyungsoo spoke softly, everyone immediately backing him up and agreeing that Kai should answer the question.

“Okay fine I’ll answer the stupid question.”

Kyungsoo didn’t know why he convinced Kai to answer the question, he was afraid to hear the answer himself. He just wondered why Kai refused to answer it in the first place. The small vocalist was so busy looking at his hands, while waiting anxiously for the answer, that he didn’t even notice Kai looking over to him before he spoke.

“Yes, I am very in love right now” Kai said and smiled, still looking at Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo could feel his eyes tearing up. He didn’t know what kind of answer he wished to hear but hearing Kai say he was in love with someone, somehow felt as if a million daggers were piercing his heart. He wondered if he'd rather have heard Kai say no; so that he at least knew, that even though his heart wouldn’t belong to him, it didn’t belong to anyone else either. But now the thought of exactly who stole Kai’s heart blocked Kyungsoo’s thoughts from everything else. Do I know her? He didn’t want anyone to see his watery eyes so he kept his head down, not even taking note of the bottle that had stopped, pointing his direction.

“Kyungsoo-yah it’s your turn… truth or dare…” Xiumin said, patting the leg of the boy sitting beside him.

Kyungsoo blinked a few times before answering ‘dare’.

Everyone looked shocked since they couldn’t believe that the guy that barely said a word the entire evening was actually the first one to choose ‘dare’.

“Wow respect, Kyungsoo, you do know you might have to do dirty stuff with the other members right.”

Kyungsoo widened his eyes when Baekhyun said that, he obviously didn’t think this through enough, he just thought about avoiding having to answer an embarrassing question.

"Okay Kyungsoo here's your 'dare'...Send the person you love a text message...”

Kyungsoo was lost for words, did this mean he had to send Kai a text message, making it obvious for Kai and everyone else that he was the person he loved? There’s no way he could do that.

“I-I’m sorry, I can’t do this...” Kyungsoo whispered, but loud enough for the members to hear.

Suho and the other few members who knew about Kyungsoo’s feelings understood and sympathized with his decision. The oblivious members however, thought it was unfair and that since he chose dare himself, he should just do it.

“You don’t have to tell her you love her, just a random text message is fine too…” Chanyeol said, trying to convince Kyungsoo. But Baekhyun, who hadn’t been so oblivious to what was going on elbowed Chanyeol in the side.

“Ow what was that for?” Chanyeol whined.

“Could it be because you don’t have her number?” Chen asked innocently.

“I just can’t… I’m sorry” Kyungsoo stood up and walked out of the room, trying to avoid any eye contact with the dancer he was so in love with.

“Do you think I said something wrong?”

“No, you didn’t say anything wrong Jongdae-yah…” Suho said patting the boy on his back.

Kai just sat there staring at the Iphone, processing everything that happened just now.

“Hyung, aren’t you going after him?” Sehun spoke softly.

Kai looked up and noticed all the members were looking at him. He knew he should go after Kyungsoo but it came to him that he had no idea what he’d say once he’d finally catch up with the boy.

“Do you know why Kyungsoo has so many troubles telling you?” Suho began, knowing the vocalist would kill him if he knew he told this to Kai and the other members. But he figured that if he didn’t tell Kai this right now, the boy would stay an idiot forever.

Kai just looked stared at Suho trying to figure out what he was trying to say. Why Kyungsoo has so many troubles telling me? He always thought it was just because Kyungsoo was too shy to tell him, any other reason didn’t even come to his mind.

“It’s because he’s afraid you’d find him disgusting”

“What? Why would I ever think that…?”

“He thinks you’re straight Jongin… a lot of straight guys would be freaked out if they found out their best friend was in love with them…” Suho explained.

“He didn’t tell you because he was afraid to lose you as a friend.” Baekhyun said, finishing what Suho wanted to say.

“You knew about this?!” Chanyeol exclaimed.

Kai formed an o with his mouth. He didn’t think Kyungsoo would have thoughts like that. How on earth could I ever find him disgusting?

“I should probably go find him” Kai muttered.

“You should’ve already been there” Suho said, pointing towards the door, telling him to go.

 

 

Kai dashed through the hallway of the hotel, running towards the door of the room he had just spent the night in. He didn’t even bother to knock and opened the door with the card key. He looked around in the room but Kyungsoo was nowhere to be found. He checked the bathroom but he wasn’t there either and Kai wondered where else he could be. The terrace.

He opened the curtain and saw a figure leaning over the balcony. He slowly opened the door and joined him, the cool night breeze brushing his skin.

“Hyung…”

Kyungsoo slowly turned around to look at Kai.

“Kai… what are you doing here? Did they finish the game?” He asked without looking the taller boy in the eye. He felt a bit guilty for what happened just now, and was convinced he probably ruined everyone’s evening.

“Yeah… I mean no… I don’t know what they’re doing now actually, I just wanted to talk to you” Kai hesitantly took a step closer to his hyung.

“Erm… sure… what did you want to talk about?”

“Do you remember that night, when I overheard you and Suho-hyung’s conversation…?” Kai began.

“Didn’t I tell you it wasn’t anything important…” Kyungsoo said nervously. Why is he bringing this up again.

“But it was important wasn’t it?”

Kyungsoo finally looked up to make eye contact with the dongsaeng he loved.

“No it wasn't Kai…”

“IT WAS hyung! Because it had something to do with what you’re feeling…” Kai reached out his hand slowly and pressed it to his hyung’s chest, never breaking eye contact with the smaller boy “right here!” I can feel his heartbeat. It’s fast.

Kyungsoo looked down at Kai's hand, the touch of it burning against his chest. He didn’t know what to do now, the other could probably feel his heartbeat going at maximum speed. He stayed silent for a while before speaking softly. “Are you making fun of me?”

“W-what?”

“Is that why you’ve been touching me so often lately? Because you thought it was funny?” Kyungsoo said angry, eyes b with tears.

Kai was speechless and couldn’t bring himself to say something.

“ you Kai.” The vocalist cursed before pushing the younger away and going back inside the room.

Kai reached out his hand and quickly grabbed the elder’s wrist, turning him around to face him again.

“Let go.”

“NO! Please listen to me Kyungsoo!” Kai begged in a desperate voice. “I’m sorry okay, I’ve done a lot of stupid things but it’s because of you that I’m like this!” Kai took Kyungsoo’s hand with both hands and placed them on his own chest. “Here!! Please, I beg of you, feel for yourself!”

Kyungsoo never saw Kai so desperate and he had no idea what the boy was trying to do by placing his hand on his chest. But then he felt it.His heart is beating like crazy.

“Can you feel it? It’s insane isn’t it?” Kai laughed softly, still holding the boy's hand firmly on the place where his heart was beating so incredibly fast.

Kyungsoo just nodded his head slowly and looked up at Kai. He wondered if he really was the cause of this, and it seemed like Kai could read his mind because after being lost in his own thoughts for a while he could feel strong arms slowly wrapping around his body and a soft voice saying something.

“I love you”

What?

“I’m sorry for not telling you this any sooner…, well actually I did yesterday but you were asleep then so I guess it didn’t count” Kai chuckled.

Yesterday? Is that why he was sleeping in Suho’s bed?

Kyungsoo needed to confirm that what he heard was right and he wasn't imagining things.

“Can you say it again?” Kyungsoo murmured, tugging on Kai’s shirt and resting his forehead against the taller boy’s shoulder.

“I’m sorry for not telling you this any sooner?” Kai pulled Kyungsoo closer to him, embracing his small frame.

“No… before that…”

Kai placed his hands on Kyungsoo's shoulders removing himself from the embrace so he could look at the beautiful boy's face. He lifted his right hand to brush some of the hair out of the vocalist's forehead and gently caressed his cheek.

The elder was too shy to look Kai in the eyes, but he could feel the younger moving his hand to his chin, lifting his head so they would make eye contact.

“I love you” Kai bend his head a bit and started leaning in slowly, waiting to see how the other would react.

Kyungsoo though he might pass out, seeing Kai's face inching closer to his. He knew too well what would happen if he didn't pull away anytime soon, but he just closed his eyes tightly, waiting for the touch to come.

 

"I love you" Kai whispered again before finally placing his lips on Kyungsoo's.

The kiss was soft and sweet and more than anything Kyungsoo could have ever imagined. He could hear the thumping of his heart, or was it Kai's heartbeat? It didn't matter really, all he knew was he never wanted this feeling to end. He slowly brought his arms around the dancer’s neck and pressed their bodies closer to each other, deepening the kiss. Tears started streaming down his face and his knees were about to give in any minute now, but he couldn’t care less.

When they parted, gasping for air, Kyungsoo let out a little moan of protest. Realizing what he just did, he quickly buried his face in Kai’s neck to hide his embarrassment. Kai chuckled and tightened his grip around the small boy.

"Do Kyungsoo..., I love you..." Kai said, holding his hyung tightly in his arms.

“I love you too…” Kyungsoo muttered.

“I know”

 

 

When Kyungsoo woke up the next morning he found himself lying in Kai’s arms and a smile crept on his face. He couldn’t believe this was actually real, that Kai had actually said he loved him. Kyungsoo looked at the sleeping boy’s face and gave a light peck on the dancer’s lips before laying his head down again.

I could definitely get used to this.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Or not.

 

 

 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~*6 months later*~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

 

“YAH!!! KIM JONGIN get off me!!” Kyungsoo yelled, trying to kick the other off his bed.

“What whyyy?” Kai whined and proceeded on hugging his lover.

“Eww no, you’re sweaty please don’t touch me.”

“Are you sure? That’s not what you said last night…” Kai smirked, teasing his hyung.

“Yahh!!!” Kyungsoo successfully kicked Kai off his bed and left the bedroom with a bright red face.

 

“Uhhh even in the morning…” Chanyeol sighed resting his head on the kitchen table “isn’t it already enough that they keep us awake at night.”

“I know right, who would’ve known Kyungsoo would be that LOUD.” Baekhyun joined in on the complaining.

At that moment Kyungsoo and Kai walked in to the kitchen to see their four members looking incredibly tired.

“You!” Kyungsoo pointed at Kai, face flushed. “You said they wouldn’t be able to hear!!!!” He hid his face in his hands before storming off to the bathroom.

“Hyung!!!” Kai followed him.

“Go away I hate you Kim Jongin!!!”

Kai caught up and wrapped his arms around his lover, chest pressing against the other's back.

“I love you too Do Kyungsoo”

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

A/N: I really really enjoyed writing this and reading everyone's comments, so I'm actually really sad that it ended TT I intentionally made it short because of exams coming up :(  So if you'll excuse me now I'm going to disappear from this wonderful place called internet for the next 5 weeks...

 

I'm sorry if the ending was dissapointing, I found it hard to find the right words to describe the scenario's in my head  :< I don't know... I'm just not that satisfied myself... *sigh*

When exams are over and I can find the time, I'll definitely write more Kaisoo! Or maybe even other pairings ^^ So please look forward to it :D

Thank you everyone for reading my first fanfiction!! Everyone's really been so sweet!!! 

JEONGMAL SARANGHAMNIDA~~~~ !!!

Credit goes to the owner of the gifs