All those Lies

Don't Lie, Hyunseung

 

Since you got together with Hyunseung, again, you’d have these second thoughts. 4 years ago, he’d left you without any words; he left you hanging on the other end. And just last year, since you’ve crossed paths again, he never stops trying to win you back.

You’ve known Jang Hyunseung since you were born. He’d been your neighbour, your playmate, your seatmate, your best friend and your first boyfriend. Of course everything is not as perfect as everyone thought the two of you are. You’d have constant bickering and fighting, but that doesn’t mean you love and care for each other less. He’s the first boy who kissed you, who told you how much you mean to him, and he’s the first person who made your heart beat so fast like you’ve never experienced before.

But those 4 years ago, he suddenly just disappeared. Out of your life. Out of the blue.

When you moved to Seoul to study for your professional license exam, he’s the person you least expect to meet. Sure you now understand why he went away. He wanted to pursue his dreams. He wanted to become a famous singer. If he’d tell you that, you’d perfectly understand and would never hold him back. But you guessed he didn’t even think of you during those times.

 

Every corner of Seoul, you see him. His posters, his handsome boyish grins, and even from the photos, you could hear his voice speaking to you, radiating his 16D personality. You missed him already. He had stayed the night at your apartment last night, but when you woke up he was gone already, but not before he left you with a single stem rose and a heartily breakfast on the table.

He apologized for suddenly disappearing that time on you. He said it was the biggest mistake he ever did and he won’t let it happen again.

That night you decided you’d take him back, that you’d risk your heart again for this person, you know that you did the right thing.

But the two of you have grown already. You were no longer the teenage girl who does stupid things, act aegyo, or cling so much to him. You no longer wear your hair in a cute high ponytail, nor wear cute short pink frilly skirts. Hyunseung, at the same time, is no longer the same 19 year old boy who plays a lot or would childishly steal kisses on your cheeks. He’s no longer the senior high school student who would always sneak out of the school to play with his friends.

That night, for the first time, you shared something so intimate, that you two would never dare to share back in highschool. Maybe because you’re too scared of the pain. Or maybe he’s too nervous to do it with you, afraid of hurting you too much than he should be. Or maybe, part of your relationship before was built on friendship and the burning desire for each other is not yet mature enough to ablaze whatever fire there is between the two of you.

He held you like he never did before. And as much as you want to succumb to it, a part of you wonder how much he’d mature over those years. Whether he’d held other girls in his arms like that. Or whether he’d kiss other girls like he kisses you now.

“What are you thinking?” He asked you that night, your head resting on his bare chest, with only a smooth silk blanket covering both your bodies.

“You,” you answered truthfully. He let out a low chuckled and nuzzled his nose on the crook of your neck, trying to get a whiff of your scent on him.

“I love you,” he whispered to you for the nth time, as if trying to make it up the whole 4 years he didn’t get to tell you what he really feels.

You kissed his neck in reply, telling him you feel the same way too.

And that night, you were sure the ‘forever’ he promised you does exist after all.

-

You were on your way home, excited, to prepare for tonight’s event. It’s been the 5th year, counting those 4 years he left and the 1 year he tried your heart, together. He told you he will spend the night again with you, so you two can have dinner and spend quality time together.

You’ve spent the whole week preparing for it, looking up the internet for the perfect menu for the dinner, asking your friends to go shopping with you for clothes and what not. You even stalked some of Hyunseung’s fansites to know what kind of movies he personally likes, since he’d always make you choose the movies you’d see together. This time, it will be all about him.

You checked your wall clock. It’s already 6pm and Hyunseung did tell you his schedule would end at 7pm. You were half way done cooking and you know it’d be just perfect by the time he arrives.

For another an hour and a half, he was promptly by your door. You kissed his lips and you can’t help noticing he moaned a little, but not in that sensual kind of way, but more of the reason of exhaustion.

“Omo, just lie down for a while, I’m almost done cooking.” You told him as you helped him towards the couch.

“Don’t go,” he said, as he pulled you back to his lap. You let him nuzzle on your neck, as you brush his hair.

“Aigoo, my big baby is so tired.” You cooed, you chuckled when you feel him pouting and nodding like a child.

“Jagi, let me just finish up our food, so you can sleep already.” You said. You wanted to spend quality time with him, but he looked dead beat. So you told him he can just sleep through the night.

“I’m sorry,” He told you, kissing your hand lightly.

“It’s okay,” You smiled at him.

The dinner seemed to bring a little energy back to Hyunseung. He just wrapped his arms around your waist, watching you do the dishes.

“Hyunseung, wait!” you protested as he started kissing your neck.

“You smell like strawberries,” He said while a patch of skin on your neck. You squirmed a little, because it’s starting to become hot. You surely didn’t want to take any of the energy left of him.

“Yah, how come you don’t use the Clive Christian perfume I bought you last week?” He suddenly asked, still inhaling your scent.

You cocked your head towards him. Clive Christian? Are you missing something here? You’re pretty sure he didn’t give you anything.

“Er….? No, I didn’t receive any perfume from you.” You said quietly. You felt him shock a little.

“Oh.” He just said, but quickly regained his composure as he went back pulling your waist against him. You tried ignoring the gnawing feeling inside you, because you really don’t want to sound like a detective girlfriend to him. Besides, he could’ve just bought it for his mom, right? But he just forgot about it because he’s been so stressed lately.

“I’m almost done now, Hyunseungie, just let me wipe off my hands,” You said, you didn’t want to touch his hands around your tummy because yours are wet. Fortunately he let go of you, but that was because his mobile phone was ringing.

“Hello?” He answered as he detached himself from you.

You glanced at him, smiling a little, but you noticed the frown on his face.

You finished the dishes and wiped your hands free and just in time Hyunseung was off his phone.

“Baby, look, I need to go for a bit,” He turned to you, holding both your arms.

“Is there something wrong?” you asked, worried.

“N-no. It’s nothing. But I need to go back to the dorm for a while.” He leaned towards you and gave your cheeks a peck. “But I promise I’ll be back. We’ll still spend the night together.”

You nodded at him and smiled. “You sure there’s nothing wrong?”

He let out a low chuckle. “I’m sure. Don’t worry. I just need to get something from the dorm. It won’t take a long time.”

You let him go, and pushed away that annoying gnawing feeling inside you. He’ll be back, and for the meantime, you busied yourself preparing the bed so when Hyunseung comes back, he can just sleep in. It disappoints you, yes, but the thought of Hyunseung always eager to spend the night with you in your apartment makes your heart feel all those crazy fluttering. You can just imagine how wonderful the world is everytime you’d wake up and his face would be the first one you’d see in the morning.

 

You were starting to doze off. And you didn’t even realize it’s almost 12 midnight already. You were only woken up when the phone by the hallway rang shrilly in the eerie silence of your apartment.

“Yoboseyo?” you asked sleepily. You turned to look at your side, towards the wall clock. But you eyes are still unfocused so you couldn’t really see the time.

It was Kikwang.

“Is Hyunseung hyung there?” He asked. You can tell by the background that the boys are all having fun.

“Erm.. No, he went out. He said he’s going over there.” You said hesitantly. He must have gone back here already, and Kikwang was just checking on him if he arrived safely, right?

“Oh? Well, I’ve been trying to call his mobile phone since… I dunno, he took off from our schedule this afternoon? Well, can you please pass on to him that we borrowed his Xbox?” You heard him hissed sheepishly. “We’re really bored and…” He just laughed and promised that they won’t break it.

You chuckled a little at how childish Kikwang always sounds. “Okay, Kikwangie. I’ll tell him when he arrives. Goodnight and have fun there with the guys.”

You hang up, and now that you’re fully awake, you noticed the time. It’s 5 minutes to 12.

Kikwang said their schedule ended in the afternoon. But he did tell you it ended at the evening. And if he didn’t go to the dorm, then where is he right now?

You tried calling his mobile phone, but it was shut off. You sighed.

Where are you Hyunseung?

-

You woke up and found yourself on the bed with Hyunseung beside you, fast asleep. You didn’t remember how you managed to get yourself on it, because the last thing you remember last night was it was almost 1 am and you fell asleep on the couch waiting for Hyunseung.

You assumed he carried you towards the bed.

You sighed sadly as your eyes trailed the details of his face. His flawless skin, his perfectly angled nose, his pink soft lips. You know that he loves you, as much as you love him too. But why are there things that you don’t understand? Are you just both trying to go back to what you used to have and ignore the fact that what you are and what you have right now?

Something in the back of your mind tells you that Hyunseung is not completely being honest with you. But for the past 2 months since you officially got together, you kept pushing it off your mind.

The way he’d always give random alibis when he suddenly can’t meet you up, or the way he’d pitch up excuses when he failed to remember important details about you or other important event, or just the simple questions of why his mother would sometimes call you and ask you if you receive things she had passed Hyunseung to give to you, when in fact Hyunseung didn’t even went to your apartment for anything.

Your heart is burning, but it’s still not enough to overcome what you truly feel for him. You don’t think you can live without him anymore. You wonder whether he still feels the same way.

Your train of thoughts was suddenly broken when Hyunseung grabbed your hand infront of his face and kissed your fingers gently.

“Good morning,” He said in his extremely y morning voice. He smiled at you and you gave him a forced one.

He seemed to notice this and turned to cup your cheeks with his palms.

“I’m sorry about last night. You’ve waited for me for so long,” He said, kissing your forehead before he cuddled you in his arms. You chose not reply. You’ve wanted so much to ask him where he went. And if he still insists that he went to his dorm, you don’t think you would know how to react, because it would just be clear that he’s lying.

“Are you okay?” He asked slowly, rubbing your cheeks with his thumb. You nodded.

Should you really give him the silent treatment? Or just ask for it?

“Where were you last night?” you finally asked. You meant it to be neutral, to be just…. Asking. But it came out as more like a pleading question.

He seemed to be taken back, because you’re never the type to pry on things that had happened already. Every excuses and alibis he’d throw, you seemed to just accept it, and sometimes you don’t even ask, but he’d just say things he know that would ease your mind.

“I…I just took something from the dorm,”

You blinked at him; you felt your heart slowly being gripped tightly, like it would burst any moment. So he’s lying right now.

“It took me awhile because I had to shower.” He said. You noticed he was wearing a new set of clothes. And they’re not even the clothes he would leave in your apartment everytime he’d spend the nights there.

You tried to calm yourself. Why is he lying right now?

“Really?”

He smiled genuinely at you and kissed your lips. “Really.”

-

The following days were no different, only you’d spot him lying more everyday.

“Baby, where are you?” He had called you one time. You were out in a nearby coffee shop so you can focus on your studies more. Lately, you’ve just been sitting in front of your laptop at home, staring and waiting as if any moment a scandal or whatever news of Hyunseung would pop out from it.

“I’m here at coffee shop near my apartment, why?” You asked, taking a sip of your iced Americano.

“Ah, nothing. I just missed you,” he said. You can’t help smiling at little at what he said. Although he might be having this habit of lying to you, but you can’t deny that he’s still a sweet boyfriend to you. Whether his sweetness is also a lie, you can’t really tell. As of now, you still want to believe they’re all real.

“Where are you? Dorm?” You subconsciously asked, as you tried highlighting something on your book.

“Yeah,” he answered and sighed. “I’ll see you later, okay?”

“Okay.” You just said before he said more I love you’s and hang up.

But just as you were about to get up to go to the restroom, you stopped dead on you tracks. From the other side of the street, one of the best ramyun houses that you and Hyunseung would often to go to, was Hyunseung and someone, who just boarded his car. You can tell that it was a woman by the slender and porcelain legs on the side. You gaped when your eyes trailed back to Hyunseung. You were just talking to him a few moments ago! And here he was, with another woman, and he looks like he’s having the time of his life.

Can you still ignore this gnawing feeling inside you?

You texted him,

To Hyunseung ♥

Do u want to sleep over at home later?

You watched him paused for a while, to read your message. And just that second, he turned his head towards the coffee shop where you said you were. You immediately ducked and hid yourself on one of the column. You were pretty sure he didn’t see you because he didn’t really have a very good eyesight from the start.

To My one and Only Love ♥

“Sure. My baby misses me, huh? I’ll see you later, love. ^^

You sighed. Is this even enough proof that he’s cheating on you? You didn’t really see the woman. But why does he keep on lying to you?

-

You never actually got to confront him about it. When he’s with you, he’s always the perfect boyfriend Jang Hyunseung. He’d tell you the right words, he’d touch you on the right parts, and it makes you calm and relaxed that he’s with you.

You were contently lying around his arms, as the two of you were watching late night tv show. He said he didn’t have a schedule tomorrow, so you two can stay bum tonight and tomorrow. This seemed to please you.

Your eyes were slowly starting to fail you. It was Strong Heart on the TV. Hyunseung insisted that you two watch it because some of his labelmates and some of the Beast members are going to be in this tonight’s episode.

You were trying to keep awake, to see Yoseob and Kikwang on the show. When suddenly 4minute members were there too. You don’t really mind them. Besides, you’ve met them once already, when Hyunseung brought you to the practice studio one time. They’re all really very nice and friendly.

“Hyuna spotted sporting one of the most expensive perfume brands in the whole world.” The captions said.

You laughed inwardly at how pathetic news and media can be sometimes. Why would they have to pry what kind of personal items idols use? You pointed this out to Hyunseung who merely let out a small laugh. You didn’t notice him fidgeting on his seat.

“Well, since this article came out, people are accusing me of spending too much money for myself. Actually, I just got it as a gift from a special person,” She started saying. You smiled at how Hyuna looked so bright while saying those words. When you were about to ask Hyunseung if Hyuna must be dating someone, you were interrupted by someone on the TV.

“But it says here, it’s a Clive Christian’s Imperial Majesty perfume. Do you know that it costs $215,000? And that’s around 250,991,087.81 KRW.” Kang Hodong, the host said.

Hyuna seemed surprised. “Omo, that expensive? Now I’m embarrassed.”

“It’s one of the most expensive perfumes in the whole world. Maaan, you must be really special for that person.” Lee Seunggi, the other host said, making Hyuna touched her heated and now bright pink cheeks.

“Do you want to go to bed already?” Hyunseung suddenly stretched up and turned you to him.

But you were lost in your own thoughts. Clive Christian, where did you hear it before?

“Hyunseung oppa, you told me it was a gift because we did well in Trouble Maker. Now, I’m embarrassed because my gift to you doesn’t seem to match up with what you gave me. Are you watching right now? You must be surprised, right? Thank you. And …” she paused for a second. It was obvious that it wasn’t part of the script, because everyone seemed to be surprised, just as much as you are.

“I guess it wouldn’t be proper to tell this yet on broadcast, but I’ll call you later, okay? I miss you already.”

After Hyuna had said all of these, the whole studio erupted. It was clear that she’s answering Hyunseung’s feelings for her.

Both of you and Hyunseung were frozen on the spot. You couldn’t breathe. This can’t be true, right?

You were still in his arms, but suddenly it felt cold. You pulled yourself away from him.

“Baby—“

You raised a hand, not wanting to hear anything from him yet. Your thoughts are everywhere. Your emotions are a mess. You don’t know what to do, what to think.

You were on your feet. You were more hurt and heartbroken than mad at Hyunseung. Of course, he‘d end up with a lot more beautiful and ier idol girl group member. You slowly made your way to your room, oblivious to the tears that continuously flow across your cheeks.

You felt Hyunseung pulled you in a tight back embrace.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry,” He kept mumbling on your back. You heaved a heavy sigh, and patted his hand gently. You wanted to be angry at him, but you just can’t.

“Hyunseung, just….. just go.” You told him. You felt him shook his head.

“Go before it’s too late.” You told him. Before it’s too late that he’ll lose both you and Hyuna.

“What are you saying?” He spun you around, and he was stopped abruptly at how much tears you’ve shed already.

“I’m sorry. I love you. I love only you.” He pulled you in his arms and hugged you tightly.

You don’t know what to believe anymore.

“I really don’t know Hyunseung. I really don’t know.” You wished he could just deny the whole thing and tell you it’s some kind of a Cube inside joke. But no, he just kept on apologizing.

It must be true then, you thought. This time, this is the only time you wished Jang Hyunseung is actually lying. 

 

 

-------------------------------

Author's Note: erm... So what do you guys think? :) Sequel or not.... It's really supposed to be a feel good Hyunseung fic. but... it turned out like this /sobs. 

Anyway, please answer the poll below ^^ 

 

If you guys actually still interested in reading the sequel oneshot, then I'll continue writing it and post it after. ^^ I promise it'll be really a feel good Prince Jang fic ^^ But only if there are actually interested in reading it.. D: