Chapter 27 - Because it is real

Never Let You Go

 

“What do you mean? What do you mean by we both know who we want to be with?” JongHyun shuddered at the thought of Jessica reading his mind. No way…

“I saw everything JongHyun. You don’t have to lie to me. I know that you love me, but it can never be compared to the love you have for her. I know everything JongHyun. It can be the other way round, but I am sure my predictions are absolutely correct. Let’s say it out together, and make this really cool.” Jessica laughed out slightly as she took JongHyun’s hands.

“You saw it?” JongHyun whispered as he held Jessica’s hands tightly.

“Mmh.” Jessica nodded her head.

“Let’s say it then. No one loses out right?” JongHyun suggested as Jessica gave a smile in return.

“Let’s break up.” Both of them said together.

“Let’s make this a really cool breakup.” Jessica smiled as she let go of JongHyun’s hands.

“I guess I will be getting some wedding invitations soon?” JongHyun teased as he took out a velvet box from his pocket.

“You are a female too. Do you think…” JongHyun muttered nervously as he shoved the box to Jessica. Jessica raised her eyebrows, before opening the box. After seeing the ring, she wrinkled her nose in disgust.

“I’m lucky you chose her not me.” Jessica shook her head as she threw the box back to JongHyun.

“Look at that ring, and tell me how much it costs. Exactly how sincere are you in wanting to propose to her? That ring is totally… I don’t even know how I should explain it. Just buy a new one, something really special that would make her jump up and down.” Jessica shrilled as she jumped around.

“How do I know what kind of ring she likes?” JongHyun mumbled incoherently.

“I have an idea but… It will be awkward.” Jessica responded after thinking for a while. JongHyun raised her eyebrows at her, gesturing for her to go on.

“Tell her you are planning to propose to me and get her to choose a ring. Observe her and see which ring she is looking at with admiration and longing. Buy that and propose to her using that ring.” Jessica suggested, crossing her arms.

“How’s that?” Jessica smirked, even though she knew how strong JongHyun would oppose to that idea.

“That’s so… I don’t know what to say. Is this the best idea you have got?” JongHyun groaned as he looked at the ring again.

“Take it or leave it. It’s none of my business whether you use it or not.” Jessica shrugged as she turned to go back to her house. When she reached her apartment, she immediately threw herself on her bed. There was the decision time again. Should she open the envelope? Now that she was single, not to mention happy, she didn’t have any burden to pull her back. If she was back to single again, she could do what she wanted.

“Oh man…” Jessica sighed as her heart started to rule her mind. She knew that today, she would be opening the envelope.

“No no no no no…” Jessica whimpered as her hands reached out for the envelope, and slowly tore the seal open. Closing her eyes shut, she tried to fought over her heart for control of her body, but failed miserably.

“Jung SooYeon, just freaking open that envelope and see what Jay has to say. He is probably waiting for you and going crazy at this moment. You caused him enough pain and now, do you still want to make him suffer more?” Jessica heard herself say. Great, now she is the one going crazy.

“I can’t open it. What if I run over to Korea to get him back, but he is already attached and…” Jessica ended up blubbering to herself.

“I think I’m going crazy.” Jessica added in as she threw the envelope to the side of her bed. She needed to think.

“I really really really want to be with Jay this time. I probably lost him forever but now, I have a chance, and it is this letter. Opening it would either bring me happiness or unhappiness. This time, I am willing to bet on it.” Jessica decided as she reached out for the envelope. Opening it gingerly, she in a deep breath as she started to read the first sentence.

“Jessica, I don't know if you will read this but I know that by the time you read it, I would be gone. I still love you. Never stopped too. I thought long and hard about us. Can I really get your heart? Who did I think I was? Who was I to capture your heart? Who was I to believe you would wait for me? Who was I to believe that you would someday return my feelings? Yet again, I was being the fool. The fool who loved you wholeheartedly, the fool who never lost hope. The fool whose heart is hurting because of you. The fool whose heart has to be the one to break the fall. I was a fool, choosing to wait for you. But what did I get on return? The inevitable heartbreak. I love you. I guess I can relax, right? JongHyun, he will be there for you all the time right? Promise me you will live your life to the fullest. Guess I will get a wedding invitation soon huh, invite me to your wedding anyway. Don't make me worry and smile everyday. Only if you smile then I will. I love you forever, Jung SooYeon.” Jessica read out as tears welled up in her eyes. The next thing she knew was that the letter was stained with her tears. She had no idea how much hurt she had given to Jay. She couldn’t believe she even had the idea of hurting him.

“Jay…” Jessica whispered as she ran her fingers down the letter, feeling the rough spots.

“How much did you cry trying to write me this letter? I am not an idiot you know?” Jessica forced herself to laugh as she reread the letter over and over again.

“You love me forever? Will you wait for me then?” Jessica pondered over those unanswered questions.

“I didn’t wait for you, so I guess you won’t too.” Jessica wrinkled her nose as she tried to think of the answer. Knowing Jay well, she knew this could not be the end. Flipping open the envelope and turning over the paper, Jessica tried hard to find the other part of the letter.

“Jay wouldn’t leave so many questions unanswered.” Jessica convinced herself as she continued fumbling with the paper and envelope.

“Yes, he wouldn’t. There is a reason for that.” Tiffany smirked as she leaned on the door frame.

“Knock knock, by the way.” Tiffany added in as she jumped onto Jessica’s bed.

“What are you doing here?” Jessica groaned as she tried to wipe away her tears.

“You are reading his letter.” Tiffany observed as she burst out laughing at Jessica’s pathetic state. Tear stained face, puffy eyes.

“You know what? He just wants you to go look for him in Korea for those unanswered questions. Why would he write it down anyway? Don’t you know seeing is believing?” Tiffany smiled as she strolled out of the room.

“Call me, if you need air tickets to Korea because Junsu and I are going to Korea too.” Tiffany shrugged as she closed her room door.

“Is that true Jay? You came back for me, but I didn’t care. So now, I have to look for you. Give and take huh?” Jessica sighed as she looked at the paper thoroughly. Written in inarticulate small words are, “Yes, Give and take”. Smiling to herself, Jessica leaned back onto the bed, with the letter tucked firmly in her hands.

 

“JongHyun, what about this?” SeKyung asked, pointing to a heart shaped ring. JongHyun had heeded Jessica’s advice and lied to SeKyung. He had been observing her reactions when she suggested a ring, but none of them seemed to fit Jessica’s description. This time, her eyes were dead to the world.

“That’s not it…” JongHyun muttered as he dragged her out of the shop. They had been to 5 shops, and none of them had the ring SeKyung actually had some reaction for.

“We have been to 5 shops and still, you haven’t found any. I gave some good recommendations and you don’t even choose them. Why are you asking me then?” SeKyung complained as she pouted.

“I think you are quite similar to Jessica, and the rings you recommended, you don’t seem to like them a lot.” JongHyun raised his eyebrows as he spotted the last jewelry store.

“This one better has it.” JongHyun grimaced as he dragged SeKyung behind him.

“Welcome sir. Feel free to ask me if you have any problems.” The shopkeeper politely greeted. SeKyung, amazed by the rings, started to look around. JongHyun observed her discreetly. Her eyes were still dead to the world.

“OMONA!” SeKyung jumped up as her hand ran over the glass.

“What is it?” JongHyun jumped over excitedly.

“Look at this. I think that Jessica would love it!” SeKyung gushed as she pointed to a diamond studded ring, with a heart shape on it. JongHyun looked at SeKyung again.

“That’s probably the one. Her reactions are all right.” JongHyun thought as he gestured to the shopkeeper.

“Can I have this ring?” JongHyun pointed to the ring SeKyung has chosen as the shopkeeper hurried over.

“Yes sure. Wow Sir, your fiancée has a great taste! You guys are meant to be in love! This ring actually means Everlasting Love.” The shopkeeper smiled as he carefully kept the rings in a velvet box.

“Well Sir, he is not my fiancé.” SeKyung corrected shyly as she pointed to JongHyun.

“I am just helping him choose a ring for his girlfriend.” SeKyung continued as she looked down.

“Oh that’s a pity then. You two really look good together.” The shopkeeper pouted as he passed the box to JongHyun, who paid for it with his card.

“Thank you Sir.” JongHyun thanked as he strolled out of the shop, intentionally leaving SeKyung behind. He needed to lead SeKyung to the garden outside, to propose to her at the pavilion.

“Kim JongHyun! Wait for me!” SeKyung whined as she ran after JongHyun.

“Follow me for a moment. I need to make everything perfect for Jessica.” JongHyun gestured as he led her to the pavilion in the garden.

“I am planning to propose to her here. What do you think of this place.” JongHyun asked as he spun a round in the pavilion.

“Awesome.” SeKyung replied dryly. JongHyun knew how jealous SeKyung was.

“Let’s try it. Tell me how you feel after that.” JongHyun suggested as he knelt down in front of SeKyung.

“What are you doing?” SeKyung asked curiously as she tried to pull JongHyun up.

“Ahh, don’t get so uptight. I am just trying it out.” JongHyun frowned as he made SeKyung stand up straight.

“SeKyung, will you marry me?” JongHyun asked earnestly as he opened to velvet box.

“It feels… okay. You have to ask more sincerely. I can hardly feel it.” SeKyung said in disgust as JongHyun tried to smile secretly. It was so funny it was driving him crazy.

“Alright. SeKyung, will you marry me?” JongHyun asked again, this time more sincere. He tried capturing SeKyung’s eyes. SeKyung stared wide eyed into JongHyun’s eyes.

“Why does this feel so real?” SeKyung thought as she tilted her head in confusion.

“Come on!” JongHyun urged as he pouted.

“I think it is good enough. It feels real to me.” SeKyung stammered as she turned her head away.

“You know what? It is because this is real.” JongHyun replied. 

 

 

_________________________________________

Okay, here it is. The next chapter update will be on Wednesday(estimated). I will not be free tomorrow to update... Unless i can update the next chapter by today... Which would be a miracle...Enjoy!:DD