It's Okay, You'll Always Have Me

He'll Always be There to Make Things Better

You sat silently with an expressionless face on an unknown swing that was hidden behind thick bushes and tall trees at your favourite park near home. Why can’t we just live together like all those other happy families.

Suddenly, you felt someone push you gently back and forth. “Hi babe, I had a feeling you’d be here” he whispered from behind into your ear, sending tingles up your spine and uncontrollable fluttering butterflies into your stomach. He always shows up when I need him. You shut your eyes to prepare a happy mask and hear him move to stop the swing and kneel down in front of you.

“How did you find me?” You asked him while opening your eyes and giving him a half-hearted smile but as hard as you tried to mask your sadness, your voice abandoned you and faltered. How did he find me... I haven’t been here with anyone in so long.

“Don’t you remember what happened here? It was the first time I kissed you.” He said softly that followed with an adorable smile as the memory replayed in his mind. But he quickly focused back to you seriously. “Babe?” His voice that was now barely louder than a whisper and filled with concern cut through the silent night air. “What’s wrong, oppa’s here, you can tell me.” Baekhyun said reassuringly, taking your cold hands in his while gazing intently into your eyes. You couldn’t help but feel that he was staring right into your soul and locating all those wounds you tried hard to bury. His eyes enraptured you, your mind became blank while you felt as though you were falling deeper into the universe his eyes opened you up to.

He cupped your face in his warm hands, “they fought again, didn’t they.” He was so spot on every time you were troubled or sad. Only you Baekhyun, only you could ever figure out what’s wrong just by staring at me. You let the tears fall. He shuffled closer and wiped your tears away with his thumbs. He embraced you tightly.

“It’s okay, you’ll always have me.” Baekhyun’s words echoed in your ears and before you realised, your eyes fluttered closed as his lips landed on yours for a sweet kiss.

“Don’t cry, a smile always suits you more.” he said after your lips reluctantly part. “...that was how you first lured me into your trap anyway, my cute adorable man-eating girlfriend” Baekhyun gave you a smile that could make every girl swoon and tapped the tip of your nose before he pulled you with such force that you crashed into his chest. He loses balance though and falls backwards with you on top of him.

“... that was planned, wasn’t it bacon!” You giggle shyly as every little bit of sadness vanished but to be replaced with a racing heart and more butterflies. Oh what would I do without you, you sizzling piece of delicious meat.

“Yah, I’m only letting that slide because it’s you.. and how you chanted ‘mm bacon’ when you fell asleep whilst still on the phone with me!” He laughed teasingly, causing what felt like an earthquake below you.

“Ani! You’re lying oppa! ..I don’t sleep talk, do I?!” You buried your face into his chest, embarrassed even though you didn’t know whether he was joking or not. Damn, did I really? I mean, I did dream about some y bacon strips with his face on it but still.. NAH, HE’S GOT TO BE LYING.

 He made no effort of getting up at all with a sly smirk planted on his face, so you lie with your ear and body pressed against his chest, listening to his gradually increasing heart rate. His hand your long soft hair soothingly and he spoke with such a comforting tone, “believe me when I say you’ll always have me, okay? To listen, to release your anger on, to be whatever you want and need me to be as long as it makes you feel better. Don’t hide away and bottle up your feelings like this again, araso?!” He felt you nod continuously and began to burst into hysterical laughter.

“AHAHAHA, YOUR HAIR. OH MY GOD IT’S.. HAHAHA TICKLING ME!” He lets out between fits of laughter. Oh? And I thought you didn’t have a weak spot Byun Baekhyun!

“KYAHAHAH, I’VE GOT YOU NOW!” you grabbed a whole chunk of your hair and tickled him under his chin with the tips. Not long though, he managed to grab your hands while squirming wildly. Baekhyun slid you up so your face was directly above his and lifts his head to give you a brief loving peck on the lips. Your face heats up as the two of you continue to look at each other and got lost in each other’s worlds.

“Cmon, I’ll take you home.” He rolled over and lifts you up bridal style before you could object and carried you home.