Part II

Dancing Teacups

 

“Now, it’s my turn to sing.” He bounced away cutely, getting into his ready position.

She remained frozen like a rock, startled by his sudden change of personality. Without her even realising, he switched the CD player to the track: Candy by H.O.T. His cheesy grin seemed to pull a string in her heart, causing it to vibrate wildly.

Cutely, he danced the choreography, singing as sweetly as ever. She giggled at his cuteness despite the fact he had a few pitching issues throughout his performance.

She jotted a few things down in her notebook for him to work on in the future. Unlike dancing, singing really required techniques, because people were generally more critical when it came to singing. 

When he finished singing, she instantly handed him her notebook.

“These are the things we’ll be working on today.”

“You’re not going to praise me? I listened to you, and I sung it to you.” He gave a small pout which gave her flashbacks of their kiss. “You…don’t have anything else to say to me?” He was obviously disappointed since he gave it his all to perform in front of her.

Before their lesson started, she reminded herself not to get too attached to him. She built an invisible wall between them both to protect them from their fragile hearts. Yet the wall wasn’t as strong as she anticipated and was slowly eroded by his behaviour.

“Can I…hug you?” She spoke with a shaky voice. He sniffed his shirt before beaming brightly at her.

“If you don’t mind the fact I’m covered in sweat.”

She s her arms around his waist, leaning her chin onto his shoulder. They were so close to each other that they could feel each other’s heartbeats. Her heart clenched once she felt him respond by surrounding her with his arms protectively.

‘Is this what love feels like?’ She wondered whilst she took a good whiff of him. Even when he reeked of perspiration, she still wanted to hold onto him.

 

-

 

Another week had passed, but lately he’d seen less of her. ‘Perhaps she was busy with her training’, he thought to himself.

He walked into the dance studio casually and saw the trainees all gathered in the centre.

“Annyeong haseyo! Park Chanyeol-imnida! Please look after me, sunbae!” The new trainee walked rushed towards him, giving him the ninety-degree bow. “Is sunbae going to help us prepare for the party too?”

Jongin’s surprised expression transformed into a baffled one as he furrowed his eyebrows. “Party?”

The other trainees pulled Chanyeol back immediately; guilt seemed to have poured onto the new guy as they hushed him. “I-I’m sorry sunbaenim.” He whispered to the others. Jongin’s suspicions grew as he eyed the timid trainee.

 

-

 

“Idiot.” Sehun glanced at her whilst munching on his kimchi fried rice. “You’re making things too complicated.”

“I know, but you calling me an idiot doesn’t help!” She exclaimed in frustration, messing her hair up in the process by ruffling it in a stressful manner.

“At least tell him you’re going to leave. Things would turn out ten times as worse once he finds out from the others.”

As if on cue, Jongin entered the locker room with a serious expression planted on his face. “You…are really unbelievable, you know?”

“What did I tell you?” Sehun whispered before exiting quietly because he was slightly intimidated by his stern voice.

Her face cringed once Sehun left her alone to deal with Jongin. She remained silent, eyes fixed on the ground. He walked closer to her, until they were only inches away from each other.

“You were the first person I told about the teacups.” She finally looked into his eyes, regretting it almost instantly. It was as though his eyes had the ability to pierce through her soul, not allowing her the ability to hide any secrets or feelings. “You were the first person I taught how to dance. You were…my first kiss. After all that, you’re leaving?” She turned her head away uneasily, but he forced her to look at him again. “All that speech about how much this dream means to you were all lies. This is the extent of your desire?”

“Stop it!”

“Why should I?! You were planning on leaving me without even saying goodbye! What kind of friend are you?! And I thought we were something more!”

The last line rung in her mind, engraving itself into her skull. “What makes you think we’re something more? We need to stop pretending like we’re grown-ups. That kiss probably didn’t even mean anything. We’re too young, aren’t we?”

“Pretend? Was that all it was? All the stories about how desperate you were to achieve your goal; it was all nonsense – it was just a part of your ‘pretending’ game.”

“This dream was everything I wanted, but sometimes there’s something more important than a childish dream.” Forcefully, she pushed him away so she could leave the pressuring atmosphere.

Jongin slumped himself onto the bench, repeating the scene in his mind over and over again. Somehow, he still felt like she was hiding something. 

“Such an idiot.” Sehun sniggered, the lollipop in his hand whilst he leaned against the wall in a carefree manner.

“You were eavesdropping?” Jongin exclaimed in disbelief, almost shooting lasers at him from his eyes.

“You’ll be glad that I did.”

“What are you talking about?” His obliviousness made Sehun roll his eyes.

 “Her family just announced bankrupt.” Jongin’s eyes lost focus once he heard that statement. Questions puzzled that simple mind of his to the point he was unaware that he was still there with Sehun. “This dream really did mean everything to her, but her family was more important. Also, she didn’t want to be selfish and continue training when she could help earn money, or at least improve her education so her family wouldn’t need to worry. Oh, and she was intending on telling you. Don’t know when, but we were discussing it.”

“And she told you about this?!” The intensity of his glares increased, but Sehun just shrugged it off.

“Everyone knew; that’s why you’re an idiot. Also, you should tell her you like her.”

“We kissed! How can she possibly not know?!”

“I can kiss you right now, but it won’t mean anything.” Sehun smirked mischievously, causing Jongin to back away slightly. “Besides, it’s a trait of hers; she’s insecure about everything. Unless you tell her exactly how you feel, she will never be certain and forever doubt.  You should tell her before it’s too late. Just a little trivia for you, she often asks me if I think you were serious with her.”

“And what did you say?”

“Nope.”

“You!” He stood up fiercely, reading to throw a fist at him. “Why do you know all this? What’s your relationship with her?”

“We’re born in the same year and month.”

“How does that answer my question?!” He yelled, exasperated by Sehun’s way of talking; the fact the kid had a lisp didn’t make things better.

“Of course it does, we’re the same kind. We understand each other like soul mates.”

“You two are NOT soul mates.”

“You’re jealous.” His eyes slanted sideways, creeping Jongin out.

“What?!”

“You can have her, I’ve got a girlfriend; she knows too.”

“That’s against the rules.” He stated, referring to the SM policies.

“Rules are made to break. You know that.” He giggled at his silliness.

“It’s so frustrating talking to you!”

“But you’ll love me later, because I’ve got this brilliant idea for you.” Jongin continued to stare at him with an uncomfortable feeling buried in his chest.

-

She sat in a teacup with stress hung over her. Once the ride commenced, she spun the wheel as fast as she could, hoping that she’d be able to escape from reality due to the speed. Things were difficult when she acknowledged the situation of her family. Things got worse when she decided to give up her one and only dream.

Fortunately, Sehun was there for her, allowing bits of her burden to disappear, but deep down, she wanted Jongin to know. She wanted him to comfort her every day until it was time for her to leave, yet telling him would be admitting that everything was real. Secretly, she was praying for the impossible to happen so she wouldn’t have to go. A silly thought; but what would a thirteen year old kid know?

A shadow loomed over her. She looked up with widened eyes, jumping instinctively.

“Am I that scary?” Sehun leaned on the teacup with his lazy eyes. “Are you done sulking?” He took her silence as an answer. “I’ve prepared a present for you. You’ll love me forever.” He winked, pulling her out of the teacup.

A beautiful rhythm reached her ears. The strumming of the guitar seemed to cause her heart to flutter in a way she couldn’t explain.

 

 

And I'd give up forever to touch you
'Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now

The familiar voice that complimented the music took her breath away. Her grip on Sehun’s hand tightened, causing him to chuckle at her reaction.

They finally made it towards the centre of the fairground, where a stage was set up.

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's meant to be broken 
I just want you to know who I am

She grinned ear to ear seeing how it was none other than Jongin performing the song. Although he struggled with the English, he was able to hit every note. The performance was amazing as people could feel every word he was singing.

And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive

A small crowd gathered around them. Many did not understand the meaning of the song, yet they still stared at the boy with admiring eyes. After all, music is a universal language, right?

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's meant to be broken 
I just want you to know who I am

The crowd roared with applause the moment he’d finished. Jongin scratched his head, embarrassed of the attention he gained in the fairground. Stepping down the stage, he hi-fived Sehun, mouthing him a ‘thanks’.

“What can I say? I’m a romantist.” Sehun shrugged, leaving the couple afterwards.

Shyly, Jongin approached her. “I-I sung it…understanding the meaning of the words…and I tried to sing it emotionally too. I meant every word I sung.”

She smiled at him, giving a nod as a response. “I know.” She giggled.  “Jongin-ah, you’ll be a great artist one day. Work hard. That was really, really good.”

“I’ll work hard. I’ll work for the both of us!” His eyes soon became sincere and warm with a seriousness tone to them. “Can I stamp you and claim you mine?” Her eyes blinked rapidly, surprised by his line. “I’ll be busy, and if I’m caught dating, I won’t debut. So…can we date once I debut?”

She looked away quickly. “I’ll think about it. I don’t like it when you think of other things apart from improving yourself. You lose focus so easily!”

“But I love you. Ok, fine, this might not be love, but once I debut, I’ll know by then. This would all be clearer for us once we grow up, and I don’t want to let this go so easily, I want to…keep you.”

She exploded into hysterics, clutching her stomach. “I can’t take this, you’re so dramatic it’s unreal. Did Sehun teach you this?” She took his silence for a ‘yes’. “You’re so cute! I won't date any other guy, okay? How can I leave this adorable kid for any other guy?”

 

---

 

“So yeah, that’s what happened.” Kai gave a quick grin as he eyed the others.

“That was cute,” said Luhan. “I can’t believe you dared to kiss her.”

“Well, I was curious what a kiss would feel like…and…” He trailed off, looking away to avoid showing his embarrassed side.

And I'd give up forever to touch you
'Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now

Their heads shot up in unison, not knowing where to look as the song was broadcasted from the speakers located throughout Disneyland.

“Yup, she turned up.” Sehun said, playing with his phone. Kai noticed that he was texting.

“You…still kept in touch with her? How long?”

“We never lost in touch. We’re good friends. Not my problem if you didn’t talk to her. Besides, she told me to keep an eye on you.”

“That’s right! Thank you Sehunnie!” They all turned around with startled eyes are she suddenly appeared right next to them.

“H-how?!” Baekhyun stuttered as he pointed to her standing besides Sehun.

“She’s like a ninja.” Sehun explained monotonously, to which Kai found infuriating.

“Why? Why have you two kept in touch? Why are you two so close? It’s not fair!” They all tried to suppress their laughter as Kai acting like a child - some being more successful than others.

“Stop shouting at Sehunnie! He’s my baby!” She his hair like a mother would to a child. “Don’t bully my baby!”

“Baby.” Kai twitched with an unimpressed expression which caused Sehun to giggle behind Luhan. “You’re older than him like 2 days!”

“Thank God all the fans have left now.” Suho chuckled as he glanced around.

“I’m his noona, and it’s my job to look after him!”

“Then I’m your oppa!”

“Shut up!”

“They only fight about Sehun.” Chanyeol whispered to Luhan and Baekhyun. “But of course, Kai would never mention those things to you guys.”

“Fine!” He pulled her closer to him, pushing his lips onto hers once again.

Luhan covered his eyes like a child, whilst Sehun hid behind him. The other three just laughed, standing around them so no one could see what was going on.

 

 

“I still love you.”



 

 

Author's Note: I did it~ and it's finished. OMG IT'S SO LONG o-O Sorry, have I bored you guys yet? I think I went a little bit unstable somewhere in this fic. Sehun just kept appearing!!!

LOL! mianhe~ So...*drum rolls* Massive sequel or not? -refers to the previous author note- Comment, let me know? Please? And if you do want a sequel, subscribe too? Because the chances are, I'll post the link here too...And another one-shot shall be completed in the future called: No More Shaking Like a Bufflo :) Now, time for the GIF of the chapter!!!

Err....yeah...sorry Kai >_> 

//ShadowYin