Meeting, Farewell, and Love

Childhood Love

Baekhyun's POV:

 

My name is Byun Baek Hyun. I’m 19 years old. If you all wanna know my hobby, my hobby is writing a diary. Well it’s weird right? You might be confuse why a boy like me love to writing a diary. But I have an unforgotable memory behind my hobby.


It’s start from 10 years ago, when I was 9 years old.
That time, I must get into the hospital because of my lungs. It get some trouble so I must stay there kinda long. I really hate hospital but in there, I met a girl who always be happy althought she must stay in hospital in the rest of her life. She is Kim Tae Yeon.


Flashback


“Hey” said Taeyeon.


“Hello” I said awkwardly.


“Can I get in to your room?”


“Yes sure..”


She get in to my room.


“I’m Taeyeon, Kim Tae Yeon” she said while smile brightly.


“I’m Baekhyun, Byun Baek Hyun” I reply her smile.


“It’s nice to meet you. You are new here?” she ask as I nod my head.


“Why must you stay here?” she ask again.


“I have trouble with my lungs.I won’t be able to be too tired but I played soccer two days ago so my lungs get trouble” I answer her.


“Really? Just like me. But it’s kinda different. I’ve been here since several months ago”


“Wow, that’s horrible. What sick do you have?”


“Just like you. I can’t be too tired but mine is more bad. I have lung cancer”


That time, I don’t know what is mean of cancer. I’m just a little kid who didn’t know anything.


“I see. How old are you by the way?” I ask her. She still smiling.


“I’m just 8. How about you?”


“I’m 9. Means that you must call me oppa” I said.


“Okay oppa. I’ll love to call you with that name”


Once again she show me her angelic smile. Which make me fall in love with her.


“Taeyeon..” a voice called her name.


“Oh oppa, that’s my umma. I must go now. But I promise I’ll visit you tomorrow.Or maybe you can visit me. My room’s number is 319. Take care oppa” she said with her smile and then leave.


She give me the best smile she ever have in that day..
====================================================================================================
The next day in hospital..


I wake up because I hear someone giggling right beside me. I open my eyes slowly and saw Taeyeon there. She still giggle when I wake up while covering he mouth with her small hand.


“Morning lazy oppa” she said while giggle.


I look at her for a while and then take my pillow to cover my face. Then I’m sleep again.


“Oppa, wake up.. We have many things to do today” she said while shaking my body.


“What things?” I answer lazily while still half sleep.


“Wake up first, quickly” she said again.


“Aish, okay I’m awake now. Tell me” I sit on my bed while rub my eyes.


“You want do something fun?” she ask.


“Yeah of course. Hospital is so boring” I answer.


“Then follow me..”


She said and leave. I follow her from behind.


“Where are we going? Isn’t this the way to get out from hospital?”


“Yes of course we’re going to leave. The nurse will not realise it. They all busy in the morning. Especially Sunday morning” she said.


“Okay then.. I hope they’ll not catch us”


She not answering and keep walking until we reach a small church.


“Oh hello Taeyeon. You look really well today” someone said.


“Hello ahjumma. Yes I am” she answer cheerfully.


“Who is she?” I ask her.


“A good ahjumma” she said.


She’s really cheerful.


“Oppa, you will like this place. I come here everyweek” she said.


I just nod. We entering the church and take a sit.


“The choir is really good oppa” she said.


Not so long after that, the service is start. The choir start to sing.


“Wow, they are really great” I said.


“I told you already oppa” Taeyeon said. I didn’t answer and just listen to the choir.


We sit there until the church service is done.


“Time to back to hospital oppa” she said while smile.


I just nodded my head while smile back at her. We walk back to the hospital slowly.


“Oppa, you know what? My dream is to be a singer. I really want to sing like the choir at the church and like the hallyu star” she said.


“Me too. Well, we will be the one of them when we get older” I said while smile at her but her face turn to be a sad one.


“Why you look really sad?”


“Maybe it’s not we, but just you” she stop walk for a while and so do I.


That time, I really don’t understand what is she talking about.


“Kajja, we walk again” her face start to be happy again as she start walk again.


Finally we reach her room.


“Oppa, I’m really have fun with you. Thank you so much for today. Let’s have fun again tomorrow” she said.


“Yes sure. Now you must go rest” I smile to her.


She was about to get in to her room but she turn back to me and give me a kiss on my cheeks.


“Take care oppa” she said shyly and get in to her room.


I just stand like a rock for a while and touch my cheeks. I smile without realising it. Then I go back to my room.
====================================================================================================
I have so much fun with Taeyeon in this week. We always play outside. Sometimes we play hide and seek with the nurse because we go out without permissions and we playing together and much more. But today she didn’t visit me. I was confuse so I decide to visit her.


I go to her room and knock the door.


“Come in..” said a voice.


I get in the room slowly and saw Taeyeon sleep on her bed and her mom sit beside her.


“What happen to Taeyeon ahjumma?” I ask.


“She just too tired. Don’t worry, doctor said she’ll be better tomorrow” her umma said and give me a warm smile.


“I’m sorry, it must be because of me” I said and bow.


“No no. Not because of you. You’re the one who make her be better. I’m so thankful for you”


“Really?”


“Yes of course. Our Taeyeon be more happy since she met you and play with you. I hope you can take care of her well. She start to be more open and cheerful than before. She also start to talk much with me and her appa. Thank you very much Baekhyun-ssi”


“Your welcome ahjumma. I’ll be happy if she happy too” I said.


Suddenly Taeyeon awake.


“Oppa?”


“Yes Taeyeon”


“Mian I can’t go to your room”


“It’s okay. You need more rest”


She sit on her bed.


“Just lay down, Tae” I said.


“No, I want to write my diary” she took a book on the table and start to write.


“What’s the useful of that?”


“It can gather your feeling and also your experience. Try to write it oppa you’ll love to write it”


“I see..” I said while smile.


“You better go rest now. Taeyeon will visit you tomorrow so you must go sleep so you can get up early”


“Nae umma is right oppa”


I nod my head.


“Nae ahjumma. Thank you very much. Annyeong Tae” I said while smile and then leave Taeyeon’s room and go back to my room.
===================================================================================================
The next day I wake up because I hear a familiar giggle. I almost jump from my bed cause of happiness.


“Taeyeon!”


“Nae oppa” she giggles.


I hug her tightly for a while.


“I miss you..”


“I miss oppa too”


“How’s your condition now?” I ask.


“I’m good now. See? I’m strong Taeyeon” she said.


“Nae my strong Taeyeon” I said while messing her hair.


“Oppa let’s walk around!” she said.


“Nae sure” I hold her hand and start to walk around the hospital’s backyard.


We keep walking until I stop and find a thing that similar to a ring. That time, I don’t know that it just a can lid.


“Taeyeon, look! I find a ring”


“Wow, it’s beautiful oppa!”


Althought it just a simple can lid I took her hand and put it on her finger.


“You must take care of it nae” I said and Taeyeon just nodded her head while looking at her new ring.


We walking around again until we feel tired and go back to our room.
====================================================================================================
The next day I wake up faster than Taeyeon. So I go to her room and staring at her sleping face. I start to giggle softly. I took out my phone from my pocket and take a pic of her. Suddenly she awake from her sleep.


“Oppa!” she said as she jump from her bed.


“Annyeong Tae” I said.


“Oppa, let’s go to amusement park! My umma let us to go there and she already leave money for use before she go work. She trust you that you can take care of me” she said happily.


“But what about the nurse?” I ask.


“My umma already ask the nurse and also your parents. So we can go now oppa” she said.


We change our clothes first and prepare for everything and then we go to the amusement park.


When we arrive Taeyeon jmping happily.


“Oppa, there’s so many rides here and also the people is so many. I always want to go here before” she said.


“Kajja, we have fun here” I said while smile to her. She nodded her head.


We play happily. Start from ferris wheel, roller coaster, and much more. After we got tired we sit on the bench.


“Oppa, it’s really fun” she said.


“Yes it is” I said while smile widely. “Let’s take a pi Taeyeon”


“Nae oppa!” she said.


We sit more close and then we do a peace sign and ‘click’.


“Done!” I said.


“Nae oppa, let’s go home now. It’s enough for me” she said.


We both go home with a smile stick on our faces and I hold her hand tightly.
====================================================================================================
The next morning..


“Baekhyun, wake up”


I hear a familiar voice. Not Taeyeon’s voice like always but my umma’s voice. I open my eyes slowly.


“Where’s Taeyeon?” I ask.


“Taeyeon..”


“Why with her umma?” I look at my umma deeply.


“She got more worst and doctor said..” my umma stop for a while and I keep look at her deeply.


“Doctor said, he already give up with Taeyeon”


I’m shock. Really shock. I jump from my bed and run to Taeyeon’s room. I get in to her room and find her mother crying while holding her hand. I walk towards her. She lay down weakly with a breathe helper.


“Oppa..” she panting.


I just stand beside her while hold her hand tightly and try to not crying.


“Mianhae I can’t visit you and wake you up like before” she said while smile weakly.


I can’t hold my tears anymore.


“Oppa, please smile for me” she said while wipe my tears.


I try my best to make a smile on my face.


“That’s better” she said.


My tears start to drop again but I quickly wipe it.


“Oppa this..” she gave me the can lid. “Please take care of this for me..”


I nodded my head and take the can lid from her.


“Oppa?”


“Nae?” I ask with husky voice.


“Can you sing for me?”


I nodded my head and start to sing her favourite song, Like a Star. She clap her hands.


“Oppa, you are so good in singing..” she said again.


I caress her hair softly while look at her deeply.


“You must sing my part too in the future..” she said while smile. The most beautiful smile she ever show to me. “I love you oppa..” she close her eyes slowly.


“Taeyeon?”


No answer.


“Omo..” her umma said. And she leave to call the doctor.


“Taeyeon!” I louder my voice but still no answer.


The doctor come in and check her condition. Then he shake his head.
I know what that’s mean. Taeyeon is gone.. Forever..


I cry as loud as I can..


“I love you too Taeyeon..” I said to myself with teary eyes.


End of Flashback

I always cry when remember her. Today is exactly 10 years after her dead. I visit her grave while bringing my diary that I wrote in these one year. An also I bringing that can lid. I use that as my necklace now.
I arrive at her grave but I see someone else there. A woman. She knelt down beside Taeyeon’s grave. I walk towards her to look her face.


“Ahjumma?”


The woman turn back and look at me.


“Baekhyun?”


After greet each other we sit on the bench and have a chat.


“It’s been ten years right?” Taeyeon’s umma start the conversation.


“Nae ahjumma”


“I can’t believe you still remember my daughter”


“I never forget Taeyeon, and I will never do that” I said.


She look at me and smile. That smile remembering me of Taeyeon.


“I still remember Taeyeon’s expression when she talking about you. She always smile brightly. And when she’s with you, she never feel sick althought she dying. She just said that she want meet her oppa”


Ahjumma stop for a while.


“A day before her dead, when you both go to the amusement park, doctor already told me that she’s hopeless to live. That’s why I let her go there. At least I want to let her be happy for the last time. But doctor is right, she gone so fast”


I listen carefully.


“But I never regret. I saw her smile to you at her last moment. It’s the most beautiful smile she ever have. I’m sorry because I always take your diary but don’t worry, I always put it in her room ”


“It’s okay ahjumma. I’m great if you do that” She look at her watch.


“You’ll be a great man Baekhyun. Ahjumma must go now. Take care of yourself” she tap my shoulder and then leave.


I silent for a while and then I walk towards Taeyeon’s grave.


“Annyeong my angel. Remember me?”


“Here, I bring my diary and also our ring..”


Silence.
I take 2 sheet of poto from my pocket.


"I also bring this.. Yu photo when you sleep and our photo together remember?" I put the photos inside my diary.


“You know I can’t forget you and will never forget you”


“The most unforgotable 2 weeks are full with you”


“I love you so much, My Childhood Love~”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

So this is it :D

My first one shot ff :3

I hope this story isn't bad ><

Well I'll so appreciate for the subcribes, views, and comments :D

Jeongmal kamsahamnida ^^

I wanna tell you that English is not my first language so I'm sorry if I make many mistake >,<

Well, I hope you all like my story ^^

Thank you very much <3