Chapter Seven: More than Friends?

Burnt Ramen: The Sequel

Here is the update that I promised all you lovlies! Again, thanks so much for reading this story and staying loyal through my temporary absence!

Anyways, on with the story! :D

ps: The chapter gif was totally unrelated, but I think that it's cute ^-^

Could another K-Pop couple be on the way?

I stared at the article for several minutes after finishing, simply staring at the screen. Honestly, I was shocked beyond belief. But strangely, the hurt that I expected to feel didn’t come. Maybe it was that I had already healed or that I just didn’t have enough room left in me for emotion. With a slightly bittersweet feeling, I closed out the window and resumed my original task of deleting spam from my inbox.

My eyes flitted to the lower right hand corner of my screen. 3:30. Still no Key. As if he sensed what I was thinking, my iPhone beeped, letting me know that I had a new text message. I glanced at the screen and my heart sank a little as I read the message.

__________, I’m so sorry! An unexpected meeting came up, so I won’t be able to meet you today. Maybe tomorrow? Please? I’m so so sorry again! :’(

Although I was bummed out, my heart lifted a little because he cared enough to inform me before hand, unlike someone else. Before The Breakup, HE always left me waiting for hours before telling me that He was unable to make it, and I would leave the restaurant in tears, telling myself once again that I would tell Him how I felt. But I never did, because He would always buy gifts to pacify me, tell me that he was sorry and that it wouldn’t happen again. But it always did.

With so much time left on my hands, my mind began to wander. As they say, idle hands, or in this case, minds, are the Devil’s workplace. Or something like that. I immediately began thinking about Him. It was unhealthy, to obsess like this, when I was so much better off without Him.

I did the only think that I could think of. I began erasing any traces of Him from my life. To begin, I unfollowed Him from Twitter, as well as any other Super Junior members. Next, I unliked anything Super Junior related off Facebook and gone were all my pictures of Him from my phone. Not fifteen minutes later, you would have never known that He had ever had any presence in my life. Which was exactly what I wanted. To erase him completely, like unwanted pencil markings.

The only thing left were memories. Now if I could only give those away, it would have been like he had never existed.

In my hurry to rid myself of Him, I had totally forgotten to reply to Key! My phone was going insane with texts, beeping nonstop. Quickly, I scrolled through the unread messages. Here were the main complaints:

  1. Why are you not replying?!?
  2. Are you mad at me?
  3. Please respond!
  4. HELLO?
  5. ARE YOU THERE?
  6. I’m going to call the police to make sure that you aren’t dead!

Before he could make any rash decisions, I replied with a simple: I am alive. That’s okay about meeting up, maybe tomorrow at noon for lunch somewhere?

Seconds later, he seemed to have calmed down and said: I was getting worried! And yes to the lunch invite. See you later! :D

Smiling, I set down my phone and the rest of the afternoon flew by.

~The Next Day~

It was noon and for once, Key was actually on TIME! But when he sat down, he seemed nervous, almost antsy. When I greeted him with a simple Hello, he stuttered and stumbled over his words as he replied.

I thought originally that he had a difficult rehearsal or dance practice or something, but as time wore on, he was still acting oddly. Finally, I couldn’t take it any longer.

  “Key. Are you okay? You’re acting really weird.” I interrupted him in the middle of a story about Minho and Jonghyun failing at a certain dance move. Something that totally flew over my head.

 

~Key’s POV~

Once again, I walked into the familiar café, the one where I had met her again after we had lost touch. And once again, I was astounded by her beauty and grace. But unlike last time, I was going to come clean to her. It had all come to me yesterday at dance rehearsal. During one of our breaks, I showed everyone else a picture of ________ on my phone. They were curious about what she looked like because apparently I talked about her all the time, according to Taemin.

The reaction was instantaneous after showing them her picture. Jonghyun wolf whistled and I elbowed him in the side.

“Hey!” He said indignantly.  “What was that for?”

“Stop whistling! It’s weird!” I said, blushing.

“I can’t help that she’s a hot one. I wouldn’t mind asking for her number if you were polite enough to introduce her to us.”

It was then that I realized that I was jealous. And it was then that I decided to make her mine.

After sitting down, I realized that I really hadn’t planned out what I was going to say to her at all! As soon as this realization hit me, my palms began to sweat and butterflies rose in my stomach. It was only when ___________ asked me if I was okay when I finally just decided to wing it.

“__________, this is going to sound really cheesy. But I’ve really liked you for a long time and I want to know if you want to be my girlfriend. S-so, will you?” I shot out in one breath. Immediately, inside I cringed. I sounded so stupid. “I didn’t want to tell you when you were dating Hyukjae, but he confessed before I got to. And I didn’t want to hurt you after you two broke up. I know this is really early, but do you want to be a couple?”

Surely I’ve ruined any chance I had at all. I mentally slapped myself and cringed.

~Reader’s POV~

After Key’s confession, I honestly had no idea how to respond. What do you say to something like that?

 

Finally! Finished with a longer update than usual~I hope you like it! Comments are both enjoyed and motivating! :D

Special thanks to gemstonemay for commenting!

ANYWAYS:

I WILL PROBABLY UPDATE AGAIN SOMETIME THIS WEEK ON ACCOUNT OF SUPER JUNIOR'S COMEBACK!

^^hwaiting oppas!

Post Script:

kissmeimirish: I NEED AN AUDITION SONG FOR BLUE LAKE! I'm thinking of doing Think of Me, from The Phantom of the Opera. What do you think? The song I did for the end of the year project was Angel of Music, which was also from The Phantom. HELP!

Here's is the song I'm thinking about singing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXDonUxBxig

Although obviously, I'm not singing the male part.