Chapter One: Goodbye

Burnt Ramen: The Sequel

It had been almost a month since we had broken up. Well, not really broken up. We hadn’t officially called it off yet, but it seemed as if that was the way it would go. During the month, I hadn’t talked or really, communicated with him at all.

Not that He wasn’t trying. Every morning, I woke up with an inbox full of un-read messages from Him. My phone had over ten missed calls a day from Him. Maybe the saying “Girls are mean” is true. I wasn’t ready to talk to Him. I was still close friends with the other members; in fact, I talked to or texted at least two of them every day. However, whenever we came close to the break-up, the subject was averted.

But today was a different story. Donghae and I had been getting along well, despite the fact that I was his best friend’s ex-girlfriend. We had been talking about the upcoming Super Show or something to that effect, when he asked about, well, Hyukjae’s and my lack-of relationship. The bubble that showed on the screen read, ‘I’ve been meaning to ask about you and hyukjae. What is going on?’

My heart froze when I read that. What to say? We hadn’t officially called it off, but it wasn’t as if we were going anywhere. I pondered, wondering what to write. It was such a simple question, yet it branched off into the unknown. There were many different answers. I could lie and say that everything was fine, that we were doing well. Or I could tell the truth and say that I really didn’t know.

With some reservations, I quickly typed out, ‘I don’t know.’ I wasn’t lying, nor telling the truth.

It took Hae a couple of minutes to reply. When the message came through, it stabbed a hole in my heart.  

‘________, Hyukjae told me that you haven’t been answering his calls, replying to his messages, or communicating with him at all. I don’t know what happened between you two, but all I know is that he came back to the dorm crying after you left him. He wouldn’t tell any of us what happened, but eventually, we figured that you had left him. After asking him, he told us that you hadn’t left him, that he doesn’t really know what happened. He’s been quiet and it’s almost as if he has given up the will to live. Whenever any of us talk about our girlfriends, he leaves the room. He doesn’t dance and his singing is bordering on morose. We can all tell that he really wants you back. The question is whether you will take him back. Please do. None of us can bear seeing him so sad all the time anymore.’

The feeling in my heart was as if it had turned into ice. I had known that leaving him had affected him, but I didn’t know it had been this bad. To give up two of his lifelong passions was almost impossible for me to think of.

Despite this, I still couldn’t shake the memory of him saying, “I don’t know why either’ when I asked him why he stayed with me.

I had to make a choice. Already, I had prolonged this too long. In middle of all my deep thoughts, I heard my phone buzz again. It was Hae.

‘We’re going to go to rehearsal. Think about it will you? Love, Hae.’

Seconds later, another text came through. It was from the person I had avoided for the past month. Hyukjae.

 

~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~~**~

Should the story end in the next chapter? Or should it continue for a couple more?

It's up to you!

I have two plot lines already in mind, so it's up to y'all to choose the next chapter!

thanks for reading, and sorry for not updating it about forever. :O)