Chapter Nine: We Meet Again...

Burnt Ramen: The Sequel

Once again, I am so so sorry for not updating! Now that my large project is FINALLY over, I can probably update more. However, I will be gone for two weeks from July 25th to August 5th. During that time period, I will not be able to have a computer, so sadly, no computer access and thusforth, no updates on this fic. But hopefully, I will update every other day from today (July 16th to August 24th). Thanks so much for reading despite my lack of updates

 

~Reader’s POV~

It was early morning, around seven-thirty, but for some reason I was awake. It was ridiculous, really. It was Saturday and after an extremely busy week in the office, I was pretty much obliged to sleep in. But my mind wouldn’t listen. And it was all Key’s fault.

He was like a drug to me. Although we had only been “officially” dating for a week, in the short time, I had grown enormously attached to him. Maybe I was too young to realize what real love is, but if what I felt for him wasn’t love, then I don’t know what is. I had never been this attracted to Him ever. Maybe it was that the relationship was just plain dysfunctional.

Almost on cue, my phone rang, its shrill ringing echoing through the small room. I had moved out of the apartment that I had shared with Him ages ago, quietly removing all my belongings as well as all traces of myself from the apartment while He was at work. The only trace that I was ever there was memories.

I picked up the phone, pressing the green button.

“Hello?”

“Hi ___________! Sorry to call this early, but it’s the only time I could get a break! The Idiots want to meet you and they’re being annoying as usual.” Key said. He always referred to the rest of SHINee as “The Idiots.” Immediately after he called them that, I could hear the phone being ripped out his hand and chorus of yells and cursing.

“Hi! Key is an idiot! This is Jonghy-“

“I WANT TO TALK TO ________! GIVE ME A TURN!”

“Hyung, give Taemin a turn so he’ll shut up.”

“Yeah! I agree with Minho! Jonghyun, give Taemin a turn. Make him shut up!”

Meanwhile, I was laughing holding my sides, listening to Jonghyun, Taemin, Minho and Onew steal the phone from Key and argue.  Finally, after a minute or two of “Hey!”s and a couple “Give me the #($* phone!”s, Key returned, out of breath.

“Sorry about that. They are very excited as you can hear. I had to hide in the bathroom just to get away from them!” He said, and in the background, I could hear pounding of fists on wood and more screaming. “I can pick you up at ten if you want. Is that a good time?”

“Sure! I’ll just eat breakfast and meet you outside then, at ten. See you soon!” As soon as I said this, I heard on the other end Onew saying, “I FOUND THE SPARE KEY TO THE BATHROOM!” the click of a lock and Key screaming before the connection was broken. What was I getting myself into? ;)

Meanwhile, I changed and ate a bowl of yogurt with granola. However, I still had an hour to kill. Rather than watching television mindlessly, I called up Yoona. When He and I were still dating, I had befriended Yoona (from Girls’ Generation). She and I had grown close quickly and before I knew it, I had a new best friend. But with The Break-Up, she and I had grown apart and barely talked. I just hoped that she would still talk to me, despite how awkward it would be to have one of her sisters, basically, dating my ex.

“Hello?” The sweet voice of Yoona filled the air and my heart lifted just at her voice.

“Hi Yoona, this is _______.” I said.

“_____________! Hi! I haven’t talked to you in forever! What’s new? I heard that you’re with Key!” It was like nothing had changed over the past two months. “Hey! Want to meet up somewhere? Maybe here at our dorm?”

“Okay! Meet you in ten?” I replied, still kind of in shock at the sudden re-friendship.

“Uh-huh. See you soon! Mwah!” Click.

In a kind of trance, I grabbed my purse and heels, walked out to my car and was soon on my way to the SNSD dorm, which was consequently in the same building as Super Junior’s. But I wasn’t going to let that stop me. I was over Him and nothing would keep me from visiting friends. Not even Him.

Fast forward ten minutes and I was clicking my way up to the tall imposing building that Super Junior and Girls’ Generation lived in. I was kind of intimidating still by the complex. It seemed that someone as ordinary as me shouldn’t be allowed inside. Nevertheless, I entered the fancy lobby and then the elevator, which was much grander than the piece-of-crap one inside my apartment.

Quickly, I reached the top floor, the one occupied by Super Junior and SNSD. Almost by a of bad luck, the mere second I stepped out of the lift, I ran into Donghae. Not that I wasn’t happy to see him. It was just that if Hae was here, then He would be close by. Determined to not be off-put by this sudden distraction, I put on a tight smile, one that said, “I’m not happy, I’m just smiling to make you go away.” Obviously, he didn’t get the hint.

“___________! Hey! Long time no see!” Hae flashed a smile, one that would’ve made one of his many fangirls swoon.

“Hi Donghae. I’m going to visit Yoona in SNSD’s apartment, so I must run! Hope to see you soon!” Still smiling brightly, I speedily walked towards the wooden door of Girls’ Generation’s dorm. Praying to the Lord above that one of them would open the door quickly, I impatiently drummed my fingernails against my thigh. Thankfully, the door swung open and I looked up immediately, a real smile spread across my face.

And slid right off. For it wasn’t Yoona who opened the door. Nor was it even anyone from SNSD. It was Hyukjae.

 

What shall happen next? I don't have the entire story planned out yet, but I have a couple twists in mind! Here's a small hint: THERE WILL BE SOME JONGKEY. I personally don't do the whole ships thing, but I have a friend who WORSHIPS (kekeke) JONGKEY.

I wasn't entirely THRILLED with the amount of comments, but it's an improvement, I guess. Six total. But considering that this fic has 38 subscribers, only 16% of y'all actually comment!

ANYWAYS, I'm going to take a poll on which guy (Hyukjae or Key) y'all want to end up with!Thanks gemstonemay for telling stupid me how to make a poll! Thanks! :)