182 Days of Lies

Description

A hundred days have made me older, since the last time that I saw your pretty face...

...and my bed is half empty not half full.

 

• • •

 

note :: the narrator (female lead) was originally Amber of f(x) but I eventually changed it to Naeun of Apink instead since she's a little more fitting in the story than Amber was. ^^ Yay for MyungEun shippers, huh? /pats MyungBer shippers. ]

Foreword

182 Days of Lies  – prologue

 

It to have a former gang leader as your dad. Especially one that likes playing games; bets, dares and deals. He finds it thrilling playing dangerous games. I don't blame him for still wanting to continue with the games, since his life has been pretty dull ever since I was born... but I wish I didn't become the subject of his game.

There was apparently a woman in his life during his gang days, that he enjoyed teasing and playing around with – not in the sense you’d probably think of, but literally play – games. She was another gang's leader, and from the sound of what my dad told me, they seemed to have even been in love with each other at some point. Unfortunately for her, my fate brought my dad to somebody else – my now deceased mother.

That woman from the past has suddenly became acquainted with my dad again and in the middle of one games session, she suddenly suggested a new thrilling game for him.

And now, because of that one game, I had to live my life for 182 days with a new identity, in a new town, in fear that I could be shot dead at any moment.

“You know, I have a son... I believe he's around the same age as your own young girl. They should get married.” was that crazy woman's proposal for their next game one evening. I'm sure she knew my dad would say no, so she quickly added, “Or she'll die.”

My father was clever enough to suggest a bit of a twist to the game, which would ensure my safety, at least a little. 

Taking advantage of the fact that he has successfully hidden me from his gang past for 19 years, he then told her that her son should try to find me first, and if I manage to stay hidden for 6 months, I’m free to walk out of this game and never have anything to do with her son again.

The game had a bigger effect on my life than anyone would have thought.

I'm scarred.

And my trust towards the man I've fallen in love with has deteriorated to the point of almost nothing.