Call me back, maybe?

Call me! Maybe? [ONE SHOT]

 

Yesung glared at his phone as he read text message from Siwon, the tall boy was apologizing profusely for yet again for not being able to go out shopping with him because of his current relationship dramas.  He sighed, placing his phone in his pocket and quickly decided he was going to go out anyway. Yesung had already gone through the trouble of styling his hair and he didn’t want to waste the outfit he had put together for himself simply for the pleasure of wearing something unique before having to conform to his boring school uniform.  He wore his favourite pair of jeans that were slightly ripped (intentionally of course), a black polo which contrasted nicely against his pale skin and finally a smart slim fit blazer.  He figured that he could go clothes shopping by himself, plus he needed some stationary for the new semester. He was lost in his thoughts as he wondered down to the bus stop, mentally preparing himself for another year of running around after his friends feeling left out and lonely.  He sighed dramatically.  When would it be his turn to be the one who got given a number? When would it be his turns to have girls give him a presents on Valentines? When would he be able to experience the rollercoaster of a ride of a first relationship? 

That’s when it happened.  Maybe, if he was paying attention to his surroundings the chance meeting would have never occurred.  But it did.  That encounter came in the form of a girl knocking off his feet and sent him toppling on to the ground.  When Yesung opened his eyes again he realised that a girl had not only crashed into him but had also fallen over and had landed awkwardly on top of him.  There was a pause as he stared at her, bewildered she was pretty, extraordinarily she had long hair pulled into a side pony tail and a perfectly v-shaped face.  As he stared at her, and she stared at him he found her large almost charcoal coloured eyes drawing him in. 

“I’m so sorry!”  She squealed jumping off him.  “Are you okay?”  She held out her hand to help him up and he took it. 

“Yeah I’m fine.” He answered a little shocked still.  There was a strange awkward silence as he felt her soft doe like eye bore into his face, uncomfortable with her stares he looked away.

“Hey, I know this is a bit random but can I borrow your phone?” She smiled.

“Yeah, sure.” He replied suspiciously a little confused by her.  He watched as she typed a number in his phone whilst humming.


“Hey, y’know I just met you and well this is pretty crazy!”  She laughed nervously. “But, here is my number, call me! Ummm maybe? If you want to?”  She stammered handing him back his phone, a number keyed into it.

“CHO MIN SUN! YOU GET HERE RIGHT NOW! ” came a thundering voice interrupting any opportunity for Yesung to reply to her shaky proposition. 

“Crap! SEE YA!”  She panicked, running away from the shrieking voice.  Yesung watched as a person went running after her, chasing boy sprinted down the footpath his eyes were almost red with fury.

“MIN SUN YOU ARE SO DEAD! YOU ARE REPLACING THOSE CONTROLLERS OF MINE YOU HEAR ME!”  The boy shouted screaming like a maniac.  Yesung looked down at his phone, blinking at it.  What had just happened? Did that girl just give him her number, before getting chased by a rampant teenager that was obsessed with controllers?

Yesung stared at the number on his phone for the rest of the day.  He was curious, bewildered by the girl and intrigued.  He wondered why she had given him her number.  Finally, that night he needed to come to a definite conclusion on the issue.

“Kkoming what should I doooo?” Yesung crooned as he lifted his puppy in the air.  The dog looked down at him, its tongue cutely drooping out of its mouth.  He stared at his puppy a little longer, cute as it may be, gave him no inspiration.  So, naturally he turned to the wiser of his pets wondering why he didn’t simply ask them in the first place.

“Ddangkome –ah !” he mumbled pulling the land turtle out of its tank, placing it lightly on the floor.  “What do you think? Should I call? What happens if she has given me a number of some hooker from out of space?”  The turtle merely stared at him, with laser eyes that almost rivalled his own.  Kkoming, cute as ever plonked himself beside it wagging his tail frantically, when neither of the two came to a solution he sighed, as he placed the turtle back in its tank.  He figured that he would have to resort to human help.  He scrolled though the list of contacts on his phont. Ryeowook? He wouldn’t want to bother his cousin on such trivial matters and he’d probably overreact and wet his pants or something.  Heechul?  Well, the group’s diva would tell him exactly what he thought, but the advice would probably be a bit to blunt for his liking.  Leeteuk?  His oldest friend would more than likely rant about his own relationship woes not actually answering his question.  Siwon?  He would probably tell him to pray before calling her or something.  Yesung was about to give up hope when he came across a contact that seemed promising.  He’d never gone to him for advice, but he was one of his favourite dongsaengs and the boy had been in more flings then he could count. 

“YESUNGIE! HEY YO WASSUP!” Came the uber bright voice of Lee Donghae, his childish friend that was currently was trying his best to imitate Kris from EXO.  The poor boy had been led to believe that imitating EXO M’s leader would make him taller. No one had the heart to tell him that whoever told him to do that (Yesung had a sneaking suspension it was Heechul) the only thing that the imitation did was make him look like a complete idiot with a serious height complex (which he was anyway).

“Oh, Hi Donghae, I need your help!”  Yesung asked rather timidly.

“Awesome! GO GO GO!” Donghae said in his awkward engrish, Yesung groaned inwardly regretting choosing to confide in the immature prince like figure his current dilemma.

“Agirlgavemehernumbertoadayandidon’tknowwhattodoshe’skindacrazyandhadaboychasingher.” Yesung said as quickly as possible in order to get this awkward conversation over as soon as humanly possible.

“Woah! Slow down man, you gotta roll like a buffalo dude.” Donghae said in his distorted engrish.  Yesung didn’t get it, what was a buffalo? Was that a type of tortoise?  Yesung deduced that Donghae was trying to tell him to speak a little slower. So he took a deep breath and explained the situation.

“Well, call her; you think she’s cute right?”  He replied thankfully in Korean sensing the semi-serious nature of the discussion.

“Well, what happens if she’s an alien or something?”

“Having an alien girlfriend would be cool.”  Donghae said pleasantly.

“What happens if she’s some sort of gang member!”  Yesung sprouted.

“She can beat up Shindog for me, he’s always teasing me about my dancing.”  Donghae replied, causing Yesung to roll his eyes.

“What happens if she’s a hooker?”

“What’s a hooker?” Donghae replied curiously. Yesung felt an anime sweat drop come along, how innocent was this guy?

“Nevermind, ask Eunhyuk I’m sure he can give you a very descriptive explanation.”

“Oh! Okay! Well Yesung-ah I’m sure she’s normal! Girls give out there numbers all the time.”

“To you maybe Donghae, this has never happened to me before.”

“Look, what’s the worst that could happen?  She becomes a crazy stalker in which you have to get a restraining order against.”

“You sound like your speaking from experience.” Yesung replied suspiciously.

“Well, I kinda am, but that’s not my point! That has happened once, c’mon Yesung! Just go for it! If you are that scared just text her.”  Yesung brightened up at that idea, texting was perfect! Why didn’t he think of that? This fish was actually smart! What would you figure?  He guessed that it must take someone with at least half a brain to come up with those ridiculously unique corny lines of his.

“I’ll try that! Thanks Hae, could you do me a favour and tell no one about it?”

“Does no one mean everyone but Eunhyuk?” Donghae asked the pout plastered over his dinosaur like face was scarily visible in his tone.

“Everyone means everyone Donghae, not even your dog.” Yesung sighed.

“Oh! Ok ! I promise! WOW I’VE GOT A SECRET FROM EUHYUK!! YES!” The poor boy celebrated “I gotta go! I wanna tell Hyuk I’ve got a secret from him! Bye Yesungie!”

“Bye Hae.” Yesung laughed at his younger friends antiques.  Well, Donghae was incapable of lying so a promise was a promise.  So Yesung settled down to type a text to her. He stared at his phone.

Hi this is Yesung, we ran into each other earlier.

Yesung growled, too simple.

Hi, you knocked me over today and told me to call you.  But I’m texting you instead cause I’m a scared your going to beam me up to outer space.

Too truthful.

Hey this is Yesung! We met todat and I think you are cute <3

Too Donghae like.  After typing out the message several hundred times before giving in.  He couldn’t help but let negative thoughts enter his brain.  If she was a normal girl, like Donghae insisted, and she would have seen his friends first he was sure she would have surely given her number to one of them instead.  He thought deep and hard, she seemed kind of innocent yet forward and on first impressions of a type of girl that would fall for Siwon.  Turning off his lights he decided to forget about the girl.  There were plenty other fish in the sea and he’d never meet her again.  Yet, despite his best efforts not to think about it, the girl plagued his dreams, his phone chased after him telling him to ring her.  Simply put that night he didn’t get a good sleep. He looked almost Zombie like on his first day back ar school as he trudged through the corridors towards the notice boards that would inform him of which class he was destined to be confined in for an entire year.  Cho Min Sun, if that was her name, had a lot to answer for.

“Yesung-ah!  Hey are you paying attention to me? HELLO ANYONE HOME!” Yesung blinked as he realised Donghae was waving a hand childishly in front of him, “Hyung, how did it go?”

“Didn’t text or call was too tired.”  Yesung mumbled tiredly.

“Naw, well there is always after school!”  Donghae grinned encouragingly.  “But you’re really out of it today! What’s up with you?”

“Nothin.” He shrugged at the somewhat hyperactive boy, not willing to tell him how torn he was over the whole issue. 

“ZOMG! Did you hear? Siwon just broke up with Sooyoung! They had a fight on their date yesterday so be EXTRA nice to him.” Donghae pouted.  “It’s a pity I thought those two matched well.”  He continued absentmindedly and Yesung gave in listening and simply nodded in response.  Ironically however, they noticed Siwon waving dramatically at them, oddly happy for someone who broke up with their girlfriend merely a day beforehand.

“Hey SIWWWWON!” Donghae said brightly.

“Hey Donghae, Yseung! Good news you two are in my class this year! We’re in 2B.”  But before Yesung could comment on that Siwon continued excitedly, “Guess what! I just met a new transfer student she’s really cute, she’s in our class!”  Yesung rolled his eyes in disbelief, so this was the source of the absurd amount of happiness.

“What’s her name?” Donghae asked curiously.

“It’s Cho Min Sun!” he exclaimed “She’s really pretty and she wore a crucifix around her neck?  Do you reckon she’s really Christian or is it just a fashion accessory?”  Siwon asked.

“Well, why don’t you ask?” Donghae encouraged.  Yesung froze as he digested what Siwon said, Cho Min Sun, it couldn’t be, not the girl from yesterday? No, he was sure there must have been more than one Cho Min Suns in Seoul! There had to be!  He felt the colour drain from his face.

“Yesung are you okay? You look like you’ve just seen a ghost!” Donghae poked him in the cheek.

“Yeah I’m fine.”  He sighed, not even sure if her name was Cho Min Sun.  He may have heard that screaming boy wrong.  He followed his friends to class in a complete daze, enveloped in his thoughts; it certainly would be a cruel twist of fate for that girl to be in his class.

“Hey!” Siwon smiled waving at a girl when they reached the room.  It only took one glance of her for Yesung to realise it was in fact her.  FOR THE LOVE OF TURLTES ALMIGHTY, STUPID STUPID KARMA!  He immediately he lowered his face, letting his fringe form a blind across his eyes and he turned away before promptly pretended he was looking at the seating plan in a desperate attempt to delay the inevitable.   He stared at the chart intently and to his horror, he was seated in the desk next to her on the damned plan.  Was this some sort of curse for not calling her or texting her when they met?  Well she did say maybe when she handed him back his phone.  Yes, she said maybe she can’t hold it against him that he didn’t call.  Well, despite the fact she had gathered up a lot of courage to give him her number after running into him literally without knowing his name.  He shook his head, for now he’d lay low and hopefully she wouldn’t notice him.

As he stepped back from the notice board he felt an impact smashing into his back.  He turned his head to look at what had caused it and to his horror he had clumsily backed right back into the very girl he was trying to avoid causing her to fall to the ground.  Oops.  

“Are you okay?” he asked her and helped her off the ground. 

“Yeah I’m fine.” She said in a dazed voice, looking a little confused as Yesung had covered his face using his free hand.

“That’s good.”  Yesung nodded and ran to his designated desk, his head still bent down, mentally cursing.  What should he do?  He didn’t want to confront her yet so he sat down at the desk and immediately crossed his arms and laid his head on the desk.

“Umm.. Yesung? Are you okay, you seem a bit.. weird.”  Donghae poked him in the shoulder for the second time that day.

“I’m tired.” Yesung lied. 

“Oh have a good sleep!”  Donghae smiled, being the ever trusting friend.  Yesung groaned he wanted to die right then and there, knowing that the awkward moment was bound to happen eventually.  He found himself desperately hoping that she would be so infatuated with Siwon by now that she would have forgotten about what happened yesterday.  Suddenly, he felt someone tap him on the shoulder. 

“WHAT NOW DONGHAE!” he growled sitting up straight in frustration.  However, it was not fish boy who had tapped on his shoulder it was none other that Min Sun’s.  Well, now he knew that he didn’t know the true meaning of awkward until this very moment of time.  They looked at each other for a while.

“Hey! It’s you! Mr I don’t ring girls when they give me their number!” she glared at me. 

“Yeah, it’s me.” He said desperately hoping that she wasn’t about to punch the living daylights out of him.

“Well, I guess you’re cute so I’ll forgive you.” She grinned cheekily doing a complete 180 degree turn from her previous expression.  Yesung stared at her as if she was crazy.  Someone called him cute when Lee Donghae was in the room? 

“I’m sorry.” He mumbled quietly.

“Don’t feel sorry! If I had a random girl who was being chased by an evil, StarCraft obsessed genius gave me her number I wouldn’t ring her either.” She laughed.  Yesung smiled a bit before the teacher made his presence known.  He was distracted from the teacher’s introduction when he felt a familiar buzz in his pocket.  Curious to whom had texted him he fished out his phone and leant back slightly in his chair placing his phone under the rim of his desk.  It was a text from Siwon, he opened it up: Hey! Have you and Min Sun met before today? Could you do me a favour and put a good word in for me? Thanks bro ;) 

Yesung felt his eyebrow twitch in irritation before doing a double take; he did not really understanding why he felt so annoyed.  Helping out with his friends relationships was a normal thing for him to do why was this time any different? He didn’t reply instead deciding to be a good student and listen to the teacher.  However, as the lesson progressed he found himself stealing glances at the girl who seemed to be paying close attention to every single word the teacher muttered.  When the bell rang signalling the next lesson she turned to him and he quickly glanced away, hoping he wasn’t caught staring like a love sick fool.

“Hey, your name is Kim Jongwoon?” She asked him.

“Yeah but call me Yesung.” I answered trying to sound warm and friendly but probably ended up sounding like I was constipated or something.

“Oh! Cool, Yesung could you do me a favour and take me to the music room? I’m kinda new and I’ve got no idea where it is.” She mumbled not exactly meeting my eye.

“Sure.”  I said “I’ve got music too.”  She smiled at me as we trailed down the corridor making small talk.

“Min Sun shi!” Siwon came running up to us, “I see you’ve met my friend Yesung here.”

“Yeah! Well we kinda met yesterday.” She laughed.

“Really? How?”  Siwon asked his trade mark shi brows shooting up in curiosity.

“I kinda just ran into him.”  She giggled and I tried to suppress the laugh that was threatening to burst out of my throat at how true her statement was.  I let Swion and Min Sun chat away, trying to ignore the voice in my head that wanted to scream at Siwon to get away, I was the one who met her first!  Where that voice came from I was unsure of.  I sat down next to Donghae on the floor of the small music room as he gave me a puzzled look.

“Morning class.” Miss Mim smiled, “Today, I’m going to ask the class a question.  Do you believe in love in first sight?”  I thought about it, love at first site had to be a myth right?

“I do!” Donghae put up his hand.  I rolled my eyes of course he would.

“I think so too!”  Min Sun said from beside Siwon. “But not completely.”

“Explain dear,” The teacher asked, this was not a normal answer.

“Well, you see there is of course the initial attraction where you know a guy or girl is your type right? But then I think as you get to know them that’s when you fall in love.”  Was I dreaming or making up that her eyes flicked to me when she said it? 

“What about you Jongwoon?” the teacher smiled.

“I think Min Sun shi is correct, I guess that it’s that first impression that gets you interested but I guess you’ve got to pursue it and make sure you know that person is good enough for you before you can have any real feelings for them.”  Yesung directed his statement to the cute transfer student.  Maybe he was being conceited thinking that what she had said before was a message to him but at any rate he was already a stuck up prick in her eyes. Music class continued as they began going over various musical techniques to emotions, in particular the feeling when one was experiencing love at first sight.  How to capture the startling sweetness and surprise that came with it and I found it peculiar we were studying this it was like fate was convincing me to take the next step forward. Min Sun sat with us at lunch and she seemed to only want to talk to me and shrugged off all the guys around us.  I found myself lost in my own little world with her, amazed how she devoted all her attention to me.  She was a little bit quirky herself, surprising me when she confessed to being an otaku and gamer.  I found myself hanging on her every word, wanting to know more.  That night when I came home I found myself constantly lost in my thoughts of her.

“Hyung! I brought cookies over!” My cousin Ryeowook said as he skipped into my room.  I simply nodded and returned to my math homework, trying to distract myself from my predicament.

“What’s up? You seem weird?”  Ryeowook asked and before I could stop myself I described my strange dilemma.

“You like her right?” Ryeowook said finally after listening to my monologue.

“Yeah I think I do! It’s weird but I think I’m jealous every time some guy starts hitting on her.”  Yesung mumbled.

“Well, you know what you should do? Call her.” His favourite cousin suggested.

“What happens if she likes Siwon over me? He was so nice to her all day and I was kind of conceited.  He’s still kinda cut up about Sooyoung, maybe it’s better if they end up together.”

“C’mon hyung think for you for once, Siwon will get over it.” 

“Wook I’m not sure.” Yesung uncharacteristically whined.

“Call her, you never know.  I’m not leaving this room till you do.”  He smiled cunningly, plonking himself down on my bed.  The oldest boy sighed, Wook was right, this was a once in a lifetime chance she was cute, pretty and he wanted to get to know her.  He chewed his lip and took a deep breath and stared at his phone, butterflies bouncing around his stomach. Yesung found her number and pushed send, but to his disappointment it went to her message bank.  He decided it would be best to leave her a message, “Hey Min Sun Shi, this is Yesung.  I know we just met and this is really awkward but I kinda like you.  Well I guess you kinda have my number. So call me back, maybe?”

 

Author's Note

OK!! My first ever oneshot…….. ummm yeah it’s kinda realy bad.  I’m not used to writing out small plots! LOL I ended up deleting a whole section where Yesung thought she liked the other new transfer student, Kyuhyun, who turned out to be the one that was chasing after her when they first met.  Then he found out that Kyuhyun was her cousin but it just seemed to long and strung out.  So, I ended it early :D BWHAHAHA

 

Anyways, let me know if you liked this! I may try more oneshots in the future based on my many ideas rather than huge plot lines J  If you have time check out my HP/Super Junior fic :D *SHAMELESS PROMOTING FTW* 

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/139193/wth-i-m-going-to-hogwarts-b2st-donghae-eunhyuk-kpop-kyuhyun-superjunior

It is NOT a story where sj replace Harry Potter Characters rather a plot continuation after Harry Potter! <3

 

THANKS FOR READING ! <3 plse let me know what you think!