Chapter 9-My First Kiss

My Cute Cola Bear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Knock!  Knock!  Knock!

“Nicole?  Get up!” shouted her mom.

Nicole looks at her watch and yawns.  It was only 9:00am!  She slowly got up to open her bedroom door and found her mom standing there with a big smile on her face.

 

“What is it mom?” Nicole asks rubbing her eyes.

“We have a lot of things to do today!” her mom said excitedly.

Nicole yawns again and sleepily said “We do?  Mom…I want to sleep in.  Whatever it is that you have plan for us…can it wait?”

Her mom shook her head no.  “Who told you to stay out late last night?  You should learn how to managed your time…it’s a part of growing up.  Now I expect you to be in the kitchen in a half hour, so I would suggest you to take your beauty shower rather than hopping back in bed.”

Nicole sighs and nodded her head yes.  She hated disobeying her mom.  She rubs her eyes again and started heading towards the bathroom when her cell phone started vibrating.  She walks towards her dresser and picks up her cell phone.  It was a text message from Min.

Text message from Min: “Hey!  Are you up yet?”

Text message to Min: “I just got up.  What’s up?”

Text message from Min: “Do you want to come over to my house around 3:00pm to get ready for the dance tonight?  Let me style your hair and make-up!”

 

Text message to Min: “My mom said she had plans for me today...let me find out what the plans are and I will text you back.”

Text message from Min: “Okay…let me know.  Thanks.”

~30 minutes later~

Nicole skips into the kitchen as she saw her mom washing the dishes.  “Hey mom!”

“It’s about time my little princess woke up!” her mom teased.

Nicole rolls her eyes at her mom as she went up to her and planted a kiss on her left cheek.  “What’s for breakfast?”

“I made you scrambled eggs, hash browns, sausages, and pancakes.” her mom replied.    

“Yummy!” Nicole said happily.  “Did you eat yet?”

Her mom shook her head no.  “I’ll join you in a minute.  Let me dry these dishes up first.”

Nicole sat down as she waited for her mom.  As soon as her mom was finished, she asks “So, what’s the plan for today?”

Her mom smiles at her and said “Well…first of all…I’m extremely happy that Myungsoo and you are going to the dance together!  I thought this day would never come!”

Nicole giggles as she started blushing.  “What else?”

“Second, I made an appointment at the salon to have them style your hair and do your make-up for the dance tonight.” her mom said.

“Are you serious?” Nicole asks.

 

Her mom shook her head yes.  “Why?  Did you have plans?”

Nicole scratches her head.  “Well…Min just text me and ask if I wanted to go over to her house at 3:00pm to do hair and make-up for the dance tonight.”

“I already made the appointment sweetie.  You can go over to her house afterwards.” her mom said.

Nicole smiled at her mom.  “Okay mom.  Let me text Min real quick.”

She got out her phone and started texting Min.

Text message to Min: “Hey!  My mom already made an appointment for me at the salon to have them style my hair and make-up already.  I can come over after I get back…is that okay?”

Text message from Min: “Oh…that’s a bummer.  Okay…text me when you get back!  I can’t wait for tonight!”

Text message to Min: “Thanks for understanding.  I will see you later!”

“Let’s eat!” her mom beams.

“I second that!  Thank you for making breakfast mom!” Nicole said happily.

Her mom grins at her.  “You’re welcome sweetie.”

~12:00pm at the Salon~

“Hello Shirley!” one of the salon ladies greeted.

 

“Hello Hye-Bin!” her mom greeted back.  “We are here for my daughter appointment.”

Hye-Bin bows at Nicole and happily says “Awesome!  Hello Nicole!  My name is Jeon Hye-Bin and your mom personally requested me to style your hair and make-up for your Homecoming dance tonight.”

Nicole bows back and said “Hello.  It’s very nice to meet you.”

“Is there a certain hair style you would like me to do?” question Hye-Bin.

“Yup.  I brought a picture along with me.” Nicole replied handing her the picture.

Hye-Bin looks at it and smiled.  “This should be easy!  Follow me please.”

“Sweetie, I’ll be waiting out here when you’re done.” her mom said.

Nicole nodded her head.  “Okay mom.”

“It shouldn’t take us that long Shirley.  When I’m done with her, you’ll be totally satisfied with my work!” Hye-Bin beams.

Her mom laughs.  “I trust you Hye-Bin.”

~30 minutes later~

“Hi mom.” Nicole nervously said.

Her mom looks up from her book that she was reading and found herself looking at her beautiful daughter.  “Omo!  You’re so pretty!  I hardly recognized you!”

 

“You really think so?” Nicole asks.

“Myungsoo is going definitely going to be falling head over heels for you!” her mom squeal.

Nicole laughs and cried “Mom!  Stop it!”

“What do you think Shirley?” Hye-Bin asks.  “Are you satisfied with my work?”

Shirley beams at Hye-Bin and replied “You did an awesome job Hye-Bin!  I’m very satisfied!  I knew I could count on you!  How much do I owe you?”

Hye-Bin smiles at her mom and said “Your total is $35.00.”

Her mom gave Hye-Bin a $50.00 bill.  “Keep the change…that’s your tip.”

Hye-Bin beams at her mom and happily says “Thank you very much Shirley!  You’re my best customer!”

Her mom laughs at Hye-Bin and gave her a friendly hug.  “It was great seeing you again.”

Hye-Bin snickered.  “One of these days, we’ll have to get together and catch up on the gossip.”

Her mom giggles and says “I love gossip!  I will definitely make some time for you!”

Nicole rolls her eyes at her mom and giggles.  “Aren’t you guys a little too old to be gossiping?”

“We’re never too old for that kind of stuff!” Hye-Bin cried.

Her mom laughs and nodded her head in agreement.  “Anyways, we have to get going Hye-Bin.  I’ll call you and make an appointment for our “gossip date” and for my next haircut.”

“That sounds good to me!” Hye-Bin happily said.

Nicole bows to Hye-Bin.  “It was very nice to meet you.  Thank you again for making look beautiful. “

Hye-Bin bows back to her.  “You’re welcome Nicole!  When you have time, please stop in and show me some pictures.”

Nicole smiles at her.  “I will definitely do that!”

“Good bye Hye-Bin!  Take care!” her mom said as they both started walking out of the salon.

Hye-Bin waves good-bye to them and said “Good-bye!  Thank you again!”

“Are you hungry sweetie?” her mom asks.

Nicole shook her head yes.  “Can we eat something light?  I don’t want my belly to be sticking out when I put my dress on.”

Her mom laughs at her.  “Well, what would you like to eat?”

“Let’s grab some subs and chips.” Nicole said.  “Is that okay with you mom?”

Her mom nodded her head.  “That is fine with me.”

As soon as they got home, Nicole took her phone out and started texting Min.

Text message to Min: “Hey!  I just got home.  What are you doing?”

Text message from Min: “I just got done cooking for my parents.  Your home?!  Yea!  Since I got dress at your house last year for Homecoming, it’s your turn to come over to my house.”

 

Text message to Min: “LOL.  That is fine with me.  I will be over in 15 minutes.”

Text message from Min: “Alright!  I can’t wait to see you in your dress!”

Text message to Min: “Me either!  I can’t wait to see YOU in your dress!  This is so exciting!  We both have dates this year!”

Text message from Min: “I know!  And we’re both going with the boys that we like!”

Text message to Min: “Yea…I’m really excited!  Anyways, I’ll see you in a little bit!”

Text message from Min: “Okay…sounds good!”

“Mom?” Nicole shouted.

“I’m in the living room!” her mom yells.

Nicole walks to the living room and said “Min wants me to go over and get dress at her house this year since she came over last year.  Is that alright with you?”

“Aw…but I wanted to take some pictures with you and Myungsoo together.” her mom pouted.

“I’ll make sure to stop over before we leave…that way you can take as many pictures as you want.” Nicole said.

Her mom beams “That sounds good to me!”

Nicole hugs her mom.  “Thanks mom!  You’re the best!”

“Do you need help carrying anything over to Min's house?” her mom asks.

Nicole nodded her head yes.  “I have a crap load of stuff to carry.”

“Alright…let me know when you’re ready and I’ll help you carry some of your stuff.” her mom said.

“Thanks mom!” Nicole cried as she skips back towards her bedroom.

All of a sudden her phone started vibrating.  It was a text message from Myungsoo!  Her heart started beating. 

Text message from Myungsoo: “Hi Cola!  What are you doing?”

 

Text message to Myungsoo: “Hi!  I’m getting ready to go over to Min’s house to get ready for the dance tonight.”

Text message from Myungsoo: “Why are you getting dress at Min’s house?”

Text message to Myungsoo: “She came over to my house last year to get dress, so she wants me to over to her house this year.”

Text message from Myungsoo: “Oh…my mom wants to take pictures of us…”

Text message to Myungsoo: “We can stop over at your house to take pictures before we leave.  I don’t think Min and Minho would have a problem with that.”

Text message from Myungsoo: “Yea...I guess.  What time did you want me to pick you up?”

Text message to Myungsoo: “Pick me up at 5:30pm.  Since we have to take pictures at Min’s house, my house, and your house…it’s going to take a while.  Is that okay with you?”

Text message from Myungsoo: “That’s fine with me.  I’ll see you in a little bit.”

Text message to Myungsoo: “Thanks Myungsoo!  See you soon!”

~15 minutes later~

Ding Dong!  Ding Dong!  Ding Dong!

“Omo!  You’re finally here!  WOW!  I love your hair and make-up!” Min shouted as she opens up the door. 

Nicole laughs.  “Hi Min.”

“Omo!  Hello Ms. Kim!” Min cried as she bows to her mom.

Her mom bows back and said “Hello Min.”

“Come on in guys!” Min happily said.

As Nicole and her mom walk inside Min’s house, they were greeted by Min’s mom.  “Hi Shirley!  Hi Nicole!”

Nicole and her mom bows to Min’s mom.  “Hello!”

“Your dress is so pretty!” Min gushes as she took Nicole’s dress from her mom.  “Let’s go to my room!”

Nicole giggles and nodded her head. 

“Would you like a cup of coffee Shirley?” Min’s mom asks.

“Thank you!” her mom said. 

“We have a lot of catching up to do!” Min’s mom beams at her mom.

Min rolls her eyes at them as she shuts her bedroom door.  “I swear…I think our mothers are worsts than high school girls…all they ever do is gossip!”

Nicole laughs and added “That is very true.  I think they act like they’re still in high school!”

Min giggles.  “Yeah…sometimes I wonder if we’re going to act like that when we’re that old.”

Nicole scoffs and said “I hardly doubt it!”

“Yeah right!” Min smirked.

“What time is Minho picking you up?” question Nicole.

Min scratches her head.  “I'm not sure.  What time is Myungsoo picking you up?”

“I told Myungsoo to pick me up at 5:30pm here at your house. Then we have to go over to my house because my mom wants to take pictures of us, and THEN we have to stop over at Myungsoo’s house because his mom wants pictures of us too.  I think taking pictures is going to take at least a good hour or so.” Nicole explains.

“Oh…I see.  By any chance…do you have Minho’s number?” Min asks.

Nicole shook her head no.  “Don’t you have his number?”

Min’s face flushes with embarrassment.  “No.  Great!  How am I going to get a hold of him?”

Nicole thought for a  minute.  “I know!  Myungsoo might have his number!  Why don’t you text him?”

 

Min slaps her forehead.  “Omo!  You’re right!”

“Text him right now and see he’ll give Minho’s number to you.” Nicole commanded.

Min took her phone out and quickly texts Myungsoo.

Text message to Myungsoo: “Hey!  Do you happen to have Minho’s phone number?”

Text message from Myungsoo: “No…why do you ask?”

Text message to Myungsoo: “WHAT?!  You don’t have his number?!  I thought you were his friend?!”

Text message from Myungsoo: “Just because I’m his friend, that doesn’t mean I have his number…dummy!”

Text message to Myungsoo: “Whatever!  Sigh…do you know anyone who has his number?”

Text message from Myungsoo: “Why don’t you ask one of your friends on the dance team?  They might have his number.”

Text message to Myungsoo: “That’s right!  Kim Myungsoo…you’re the best!”

Text message from Myungsoo: “I know…what would you do without me?  Anyways...I will see you guys in a little bit."

Text message to Myungsoo: "Thanks again Myungsoo!  See you later!"

“Myungsoo doesn’t have his number, but Hyuna might.” Min said.

Nicole frowns at her when she mention Hyuna’s name.  “How do you know she has Minho’s number?”

Min grins and replies “Anyone who is friends is Myungsoo is automatically her friend…trust me.”

Text message to Hyuna: “Hi Hyuna.  Do you have Choi Minho number by any chance?”

Text message from Hyuna: “I do…why?”

Text message to Hyuna: “Can you please text me his number?”

Text message from Hyuna: “It depends…”

 

Text message to Hyuna: “On what?”

Text message from Hyuna: “Convince Myungsoo to dance with me at least once tonight.”

“Are you freaking insane!” Min shouted at her phone.

“What?” Nicole asks.

“In order for Hyuna to give me Minho’s number, she wants me to convince Myungsoo to dance with her at least once tonight!”  Min cried.

Nicole’s eyes widen.  “You do realize that Myungsoo is going to say no…right?”

“I know…but what else am I going to do?  Can you help me Nicole?” Min begged.

Nicole shook her head no.  “I’m sorry Min.  I can’t.  Myungsoo can’t stand her…and you and I both know that we can’t force him to do anything that he isn’t willing to do.”

“What am I going to do?” Min pouted.

“Well…the dance starts at 9:00pm…we can wait at your house until 8:30pm…and if he doesn’t show up, you can leave with Myungsoo and me.  I’m sure he'll show up.  He already knows where you live…remember?” Nicole explains.

“Hm…you do have a good point there.  Alright…if he doesn’t show up by 8:30pm, I’ll go with Myungsoo and you.” Min said making a sad face.

Nicole patted Min on her head.  “You worry too much Min!  Why would Minho ditch out on you?”

"If he ditches out on me, I would have to kick his !  Anyways, I'm going to tell Hyuna to forget it!" Min said making a face.

Text message to Hyuna: "Forget Hyuna.  Myungsoo is never going to agree to dance with you."

Text message from Hyuna: "Your loss then!"

 

Text message to Hyuna: "Whatever!"

“Nicole…can I ask you a question?” Min nervously asks.

Nicole smiles at her.  “Sure…what is it?”

“Do you like Minho?  And please give me an honest answer.” Min said looking into her glossy eyes.

“WHAT?!  I like Minho ONLY as a friend…nothing more.  There is only one person that I truly like…and you already know who he is.” Nicole shyly said.

Min gave her a big smile.  “Oh…okay.”

Nicole rolls her eyes at Min.  “What made you ask such a silly question like that?”

Min shrugs her shoulders.  “I don’t know…I wasn’t sure if you like him or not.”

“You have nothing to worry about Min.” Nicole said smiling at her.

Min let out a relief.  Thank heavens Nicole only like him as a friend! 

 

~5:20 pm~

“Omo!  You guys look so pretty!” Min’s mom squeals as she starts taking pictures of them.

“Mom!  We don’t have our shoes on yet!” Min cried

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter