The ViViD Color - Chapter 1

The ViViD Color

 

The new guest stepped into the room a little shy. "What is this place?" he asked looking around at the not-so-exciting-looking room. Shin scratched the back of his head in thought for a moment. 
"Well, I'm not sure yet. It could be a living room, a bedroom, a bathroom, hell maybe even a grassy meadow," he spread his arms out wide with a shrug before dropping them down to his sides. The other giggled, covering his mouth and walking into the room a bit more. 
"Why would you want a grassy meadow? I vote ferris wheel personally," another voice sounded from the doorway. 
"Ferris wheel?" both Shin and the other tilted their heads. "Do you know how to format that sort of thing. I'm no good with it personally," Shin continued leaning against the arm of one of the couches. 
"You must be the one who 'designed' the door then," the newest person laughed looking to Shin. They crossed their arms and looked aside in thought for a moment. "I'm sure I could whip something up, it will cost you though," he winked taking steps into the room now. Shin looked down with a wide smile and a subtle laugh before looking back at the other again. 
"I'm sure we can come up with some sort of agreement," he said wiggling his eyebrow just a little, almost suggestively. The three of them stood there looking at each other before bursting out into laughter.
 
"I'm Shin by the way," Shin adjusted himself so he was now actually sitting on the couch's arm rest and looked at the other two.
"I'm Ryoga," the 'first' one that had entered said taking a seat on the couch opposite of the one Shin sat on, smiling up at the others. 
"Ko-Ki," the other said his introduction holding out his hand, his fingers in a piece sign. They all sort of nodded an understanding to each other. Shin was ready to say something else when a light knock was heard on the door. Pausing with his mouth open, he looked to the door to see the new visitor. 
"Umm, is it okay if I join in? I'm not interrupting anything am I?" the newcomer questioned a little unsure. Another body passed by him and into the room. 
"I'm sure it's okay if we come in, there isn't a password or anything," they said patting the other on the shoulder as they entered. "I'm Iv," he introduced putting his hands into his hoodie pockets as he walked up near the couches. The other person nodded at what Iv had said and entered the room as well, standing next to him. 
"My name is Reno," he said quietly with a small bow. Shin kept his smile. He wasn't expecting a turnout like this so suddenly, hell, even at all. 
"Welcome! I'm Shin, and this is Ryoga and Ko-Ki," he introduced himself and the others, pointing at them respectively. 
 
Iv nodded, pulling one hand out of his pocket briefly to wave before making a move towards the couch Shin sat on, taking his seat at the other end pulling his legs up to sit 'indian style'. Reno followed suit and sat on the same couch as Ryoga on the far end. "It's nice to meet all of you," he said smiling and crossing one leg over the other Suddenly everything fell silent. 
 
Ko-Ki let out a snort from where he stood, gaining the curious eyes of everyone else in the room. "What are you laughing at?" Iv was the first to speak. 
"Nothing really. It just seems like now that there is a bunch of us here, I think I can feel the awkward in the air," he giggled taking a few steps as he spoke. 
"Oh?" Shin slid from the couch's arm into a normal seating position with one leg raised up onto the cushions. "Then tell us oh great one, what do you suggest we talk about, or do?" his eyebrow raised as he grinned at the other. 
" if I know," Ko-Ki shrugged laughing. "I don't usually come to places like this," he said simply as he hopped up onto the couch where Shin was previously. The others just chuckled at him. Ryoga was ready to speak, but Reno seemed to beat him to it.
 
"Have you guys been into any of the other rooms?" he asked not really sure of how to really start the conversation. Ryoga and Shin shook their heads, Ko-Ki just blinked for a minute. 
"I thought about it, but most of the ones around here give me a weird vibe," Iv spoke up shifting in his seat a little and leaning back into the cushions. 
"And this room didn't?" Shin laughed. 
"Eh, my curiosity decided to get the better of me I guess," he responded smirking with a shrug. 
"I ended up in that PASTA room by accident, it was really weird. They were talking about this Mostacholi guy, he was in the army or something I think," Reno went on waving his hands a little as he spoke. The others paused for a moment before breaking out into laughter. Reno blinked not really sure of what he said that was so funny. 
"I'm pretty sure you mean Machiavelli," Ryoga said after regaining himself. Reno turned to him taking in what was said before shrugging it all off. 
"Well, whatever it is, it was making me hungry so I left," he leaned back into the couch. 
"Yes, because having an appetite is such a terrible thing," Iv laughed. 
"It is when you're as fat as I am!" Reno defended with a pout. 
"Fat?" Ryoga questioned. 
"At least you have an appetite though, I don't think I've eaten in like...3 days," Shin said now leaning back himself. 
"How much do you weigh?" Iv spoke up raising an eyebrow. 
"I'm not telling you," Reno furrowed his eyebrows, crossing his arms. 
"If you won't say, then you aren't fat," Shin stated plainly. Reno tilted his head trying to figure out the other's logic. 
"Dude, if you really are fat, then I am a ing whale guaranteed," Ko-Ki said with his mouth full. Shin looked up to the figure sitting beside him. 
"Where the hell did you get cookies?" he asked a confused smile across his lips. 
"Uhh, my desk. I always keep snacks near by," he answered muffled by the excessive food in his mouth. The other's chuckled at him, even Reno who was still pouting.
 
"Let's talk about something that doesn't have to do with weight, or food," Reno suggested sitting up a little and hoping the everyone would agree. 
"Oooh, but food is so yummy!" Ko-Ki half squeed taking another bite of a cookie. Shin laughed, reaching up and stealing the cookie from Ko-Ki's lips while pushing him off of the couch with one swift movement. The other yelped and flailed onto the floor with a loud thud. Getting up quickly he peeked over the couch's arm glaring at Shin who just gave him his most innocent smile.
 
"Why don't we talk about something basic for now, something that people would normally talk about," Iv suggestion while laughing at the two in front of him. 
"Like what?" Ko-Ki asked tilting his head and looking around Shin so he could see Iv. He really had no idea what normal people talked about with not actually fitting into that category. 
"Who you hate. Everyone talks about the people they hate in one way or another," Iv answered simply. 
"Okay, but who should go first?" Reno looked to everyone with a raised eyebrow. Ko-Ki popped up from where he crouched, startling Shin and making him jump off of the cushions a little. 
"I vote Ryoga. He hasn't really said much," Ko-Ki pointed to the one in question. Ryoga widened his eyes like a deer in headlights. All eyes were on him and it was kind of making him nervous. 
"Umm, I guess the people I hate are...bullies?" he mumbled not really sure of how to answer. That just seemed like the best way to word it.
"Wow...that's such a basic answer," Shin said blinking at Ryoga in near amazement. Iv and Ko-Ki started to laugh while Reno hid his giggling behind his hand. 
"No, I mean really," Ryoga started to explain. "I hate people who pick on those smaller or weaker then them because they think they can. It's stupid and never does any good," he leaned back into the couch with a frown, sliding his hands into his pockets slightly. 
"Of course it doesn't do any good, they are hurting someone," Iv sat back up in his seat. All eyes were on him now. "All the people who bully others are complete idiots. I bet they don't have an average IQ of even 70," he continued, detest lacing his words. 
"That is a little harsh isn't it?" Reno laughed trying to make things seem not as tense. Ryoga just nodded with a shrug. He really couldn't argue, nor did he feel like doing so. 
 
"I think I hate the people who smile all the time even more than a bully," Ko-Ki spoke up suddenly. 
"Auh, I know someone like that," Shin said looking at nothing in particular. 
"Don't you just want to punch the smile right off their face?!" Ko-Ki punched the air in front of him looking at Shin. Everyone began laughing at him again. 
"Ehh, I wouldn't say that," Shin scratched the back of his neck sheepishly. 
"Oooh, so you like him or something?" Iv asked with a small smirk tilting his head. An immediate blush crossed Shin's features. 
"NO NO! That's not it!" he waved his hands in front of him denying what the other said. 
"Yeah sure~" Iv nodded, his grin getting wider. Ryoga and Reno glanced to each other laughing at the bright red teen from the other couch.
 
Iv perked up in his seat a little and looked around. "I think my dad is awake..." he mumbled. 
"Is that bad, what time is it?" Reno looked around for a clock. 
"Eh, it's about 03:00 I think," Ko-Ki answered squatting down on the spot he was standing. 
", he is. I should go. He'll flip a tit if he catches me awake at this time," Iv stood putting his hands in his hoodie pockets once again. 
"I should probably get going too. School starts tomorrow and it would probably be a good idea to get a small nap in before having to deal with that torture," Reno stood as well rolling his eyes. 
"I completely forgot about school..." Ryoga said leaning forward in his seat, resting his elbow on his knees. "Will you guys be on tomorrow?" he asked looking around to everyone. 
"I will for sure," Shin responded while Reno and Iv nodded simultaneously. 
"Me too, someone needs to fix this place up," Ko-Ki swayed a little while giving Shin a grin out of the corner of his eye. More laughing.
 
"Alright then it's agreed, we will all meet again tomorrow," Shin clapped rather loudly with a single nod. Everyone nodded, Ko-Ki and Iv imitating Shin.
 
=========================
 
Four laptops closed at once, fingers lingering over them for just a moment longer.
 
=========================
 
Ryoga gazed at his screen for a bit longer before flipping his phone closed. A long sigh slipped from his lips as he grasped onto the rusted chains at his sides. Using his feet, he pushed himself back on the swing, letting go for him to sway forward. He didn't realize how long he had been at the park. Being caught up in the conversation was a nice way to keep his mind preoccupied for a while. Though he realized that he really couldn't stay out all night, no matter how much he would prefer it. Another huff of air and he resigned to standing, sliding his phone into the pocket of his black cargo pants as he started on his way home.