A Song For You

A Song For You

 

“Can I sing for you?” 

 
The crowd erupted in screams. He didn’t even have to ask.
 
Dongwoon stood there, watching as his elder, Kikwang, effortlessly spoke to the screaming crowd of fans. How could he do that? Dongwoon himself was shy and timid; he couldn’t act right in front of cameras and crowds, and sometimes he didn’t know why. You’d catch him on a good day, and he’d act around. But normally…he felt his cheeks redden at the thought of talking and making a fool of himself in front of others.
 
Sometimes he wondered how he was a performer.
 
“First,” Kikwang said, “I’d like to dedicate this to a special person…they’re here right now, with me,” he said. He glanced at the maknae and, if you could look close enough, you caught the adorable wink he gave him.
 
Dongwoon felt his face warm and blood rush to his cheeks.
 
The crowd screamed, thinking he meant them. Dongwoon looked at the others, confused. This wasn’t planned at all. 
Yoseob bounced on his feet excitedly, like he knew something was up. Well, of course he did. He was Kikwang’s best friend.
“What’s going on?” Dongwoon mouthed.
 
Yoseob shrugged and grinned innocently. He should’ve known he would play dumb.
 
Dongwoon sighed and looked back at his elder, his eyes as wide as saucers. His mouth was slightly open, trying to take everything in.
 
“This person,” he went on, “is very important to me.” He stepped out closer to the front of the stage, closer to the fans. They replied by screaming more, their high pitched voices stinging Dongwoon’s ears. “Actually, they are the most important thing in my life.”
This time, he looked straight at Dongwoon.
 
Fanservice, fanservice, Dongwoon thought, feeling his cheeks burn red and his heart drop a million miles to his shoes.
More screaming erupted from the crowd, making Dongwoon’s eardrums explode. Or, at least, that’s what it felt like…but he didn’t care. He was currently on cloud nine with Kikwang.
 
Yoseob and DuJun laughed. Junhyung smiled, and poor Hyunseung wasn’t paying much attention. One of the fans had given him a rubix cube and that would probably distract him all night. The music started and Dongwoon’s eyes were glued to the shorter, older man in front of him. He was immovable.
 
The song was soft and sweet. A piano played a melody soothing to Dongwoon’s ears. He started singing. Kikwang may have not had the best voice to some people, but to the maknae, it was like an angel that had came down from Heaven. Every word he sang, every syllable that came out of his mouth made Dongwoon melt in his shoes. 
 
It wasn’t until the chorus started when it hit him: it was an English song. An American song to be precise. He knew what song it was, and what the words meant. Kikwang was pronouncing the words as if he was a native, which was strange. Kikwang always had alright pronunciation, but never this good. It seemed like he worked super hard to learn it.
 
Kikwang looked at Dongwoon again and winked. Dongwoon’s heart dropped and his mouth followed as well. This made Kikwang smile his beautiful smile. Is he trying to kill me or something? Dongwoon thought.
 
He knew it was for him instantly. He could tell from the way the elder always glanced at him, making sure he was paying attention and taking in all of the words his lips spilled out. Not to mention he felt Yoseob’s eager gaze on the back of his neck, wanting a reaction out of him.
 
Dongwoon felt his eyes fill with tears. Kikwang obviously went though so much to pull this off, and for him? He didn’t even know Kikwang liked him so much. Sure, he though he had a little crush on him, because he always hung around him and bought him dinner…but he didn’t know this much.. He himself had the biggest crush on Kikwang, and truth be told, it lasted since before debut. He didn’t know anyone knew of his huge, monster-like crush on the elder boy, and that kind of scared him. How did they find out?
 
He tried to be strong, to save his tears for when they were alone. They were welling up too fast and soon they were spilling across his pale cheeks. He wiped his eyes and they were still coming. He couldn’t stop…why couldn’t he stop?!
 
Kikwang looked at him once more, frowning when he saw him crying. He made a movement, like he was going to step toward him, but Dongwoon shook his head and smiled slightly at him. He was crying because he was so happy with this surprise. It confused him slightly, but he was happy.
 
Kikwang ended on a surprisingly high note. It made Dongwoon’s insides twist around and melt in a puddle at his shoes. 
His brown eyes watched in surprise. The last part of the concert was all a blur, he can’t remember exactly what happened. He did know that they performed “Beautiful” and he was getting too excited. The fancams would probably prove that to be true. It was like he was drunk; he couldn’t control his body actions.
 
He was going insane.
 
He rushed off the stage in a hurry, trying to avoid the older boys’ gazes. He slipped in his dressing room quietly and sat on his chair, absorbing at what happened. He laid his head on the cold surface of his make up table, closing his eyes and humming the song Kikwang just sang for him. 
 
He didn‘t notice the humming coming from the door. He didn’t notice a short, built man slowly tiptoe toward him. He did feel strong hands on his back, going to his shoulders and rubbing slowly. He did feel plump lips on the back of his bare neck, traveling up to his ear and nibbling on it seductively. 
 
Dongwoon sat up and looked at Kikwang, his pale cheeks turning pink. Kikwang smiled at him. “Did you like my song for you?” he asked softly, getting a little shy.
 
Dongwoon nodded, standing up and looking at Kikwang. “Did you really do it just for me?” he asked softly.
Kikwang nodded. “Yes…I did…” he said shyly.
 
Dongwoon pulled the man into his arms and looked into his eyes, feeling not-so-shy but quite the opposite. “I loved it, hyung,” he whispered and bent down to kiss Kikwang sweetly.
 
Kikwang pulled away and blushed. “You did?” he breathed. 
 
Dongwoon nodded and looked into his eyes. “Yeah,” he said softly. “It meant the world to me….”
 
Kikwang looked back into the younger’s eyes and paused. “Dongwoon….you mean the world to me,” he said before kissing him once more.