Meeting the indescribable~

Simple Imperfections
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~~~~~~

 

Reiko’s POV

 

“Reiko! Wake up!” a thundering voice boomed over my whole nervous system. Okay, you must be wondering who in the freaking world is waking me up, well if you guessed that it’s my mother then guess again.

 

“For the nth time I’m telling you Reiko Abe, wake up you lazy woman!”

 

Ah, yes this person by the way is our maid. Isn’t she amazing? First she called me lazy then secondly, she called me a woman when I’m clearly 20 years younger than her. Oh well, leave the old lady alone she’s probably in her menopausal period.

 

I raise my eyebrow at her, “I’m telling on you to mom.”

 

The maid stared at me evilly, ooh I’m so scared. Just so you know, this is my daily routine in life: Sleep, being waken up by the evil maid, and eating. How about school you ask? I’m being home-schooled at the moment. I was so traumatized when a classmate of mine during kindergarten spilled dragon fruit juice on my face. Is that even edible?

 

Back to reality. I continued my statement, “I promise that you’ll pay for this.”

 

Megumi–I mean Mom came in the right time I wanted her to, her arms went across her chest and with that unpredictable smile she remarked, “Maid number 32, what are you doing to my daughter?”

 

So-called Maid number 32 trembled before slowly saying, “I.. I.. just wanted to torture her.”

 

My mom immediately exclaimed, “You’re out!”

 

Torture me? How can she even say that without feeling remorseful at the least? Yay! Go mom!

 

And there goes our last maid…

 

I straightened up my clothes as I get up and yawn. Finally! Maybe mom will let me sleep more…

 

“Reiko.”

 

That stern voice just means ‘no’ huh? Yeah, I know my life is too great.

 

I pretend to feel sleepy–wait! I am sleepy! Nevermind, moving on, I see my mom smirking at me as if she had something in her mind again. That smirk brought so many miseries to my life.

 

Argh, what does she want?!

 

She ended my wait and said, “Reiko my dear, I’m going abroad for about three to four months for a business negotiation and I can’t bring you because no one will take care of you there.”

 

Yeah, sure leave me as always. At any rate I still have a m-

 

Wait, she just fired our last maid just now didn’t she?! Now she’s leaving?!

 

“When are you leaving mom?”

 

“Tomorrow morning.”

 

Maybe mom has a plausible idea for this, yes think positive Reiko! Don’t think that your mom’s leaving you for three to four months with yourself that can’t cook, commute or do the household chores! Yes, that’s the spirit!

 

She then paused, and she took a deep breath before she spoke the words, “You’re living with Mrs. Kim for awhile okay? She’s a nice friend of mine and she has two handsome sons and one very cute nephew!” Goodness, is my mom a fan girl? I could practically hear her squeal like a seal. Oh! That just rhymed! Go me!

 

Once again, her statement doesn’t even make sense. My eyes dilated in frustration and I exclaimed, “What’s the significance of saying the second sentence?!”

 

“Don’t tell me you don’t like it.”

 

“…” Okay, I do like it. Hey, what’s with the disapproving remarks?! Tell me, does anyone not want a handsome guy?! Or handso

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter