First Contact

Our Most Wanted

 

“I can’t believe we’re actually leaving in a few hours.” Nika sobbed. “I didn’t thought it would be this hard.”

 

Kira wrapped an arm around Nika and pulled her closer.

 

“Remember we’re doing this to achieve our dream, okay? We worked so hard this past six months and we will definitely make it big over there.” She said with a tear escaping her own eyes. “And the company promised to give us several opportunities to come and visit our families.”

 

Stan and Aria arrived minutes later through the crowd of fans that came to bid Most Wanted farewell.

 

“Are you girls ready?” Stan smiled while pulling three plain tickets from his suitcase. “You should really get going. It’s already late.”

 

“You’re just happy because we’re leaving but you get to stay.” Aria snatched the tickets from his hands and gave her two friends their respective ones.

 

“You know it’s not like that.” Stan gave each of the girls a tight hug. “Take care, okay? If you need anything please contact me immediately.”

 

“Bye Stan.” Kira gave the man a peck in the cheek.

 

“Goodbye…” Said Nika, sobbing even harder than before. This time it was Aria who held her hand and started to lead her to the departure gate.

 

“Aria!” Stan called one last time. “Take care of those two!”

 

“That goes without saying, Stan.” Aria smiled. Then she turned around and kept walking.

 

-At TS Ent. Headquarters-

 

“So tomorrow is the big day, huh.” Himchan sighed. “I’m getting nervous.”

 

“About what?”  Secret’s Hyosung laughed. “It’s not like you will date any of them.”

 

“You don’t know that.” Himchan winked. “Maybe I want some foreign flavor in my life.”

 

“Yeah, and maybe you’ll get fired for ual harassment.” Yongguk added. “You heard the President. We have to be extra careful around those girls.”

 

“I don’t get why we have to treat them so differently.” Youngjae frowned.

 

“Me neither.” Zelo said. “Personally, I would really like to get close to the foreigners.”

 

“Would you stop referring to them as the ‘foreigners’?” Jongup said. “It’s rude.”

 

“How should we approach them in the party?” Daehyun clenched his hands anxiously. “I don’t think they can speak Korean.”

 

“That’s true.” Hyosung agreed. “Maybe we should start practicing our English.”

 

“Hey Hyosung.” Yongguk called. “How is Sunhwa doing? Has she killed someone yet?”

 

“I wouldn’t be surprised if she had. You know how she gets whenever another group of girls get so much more attention than her.”

 

“Girls are scary.” Zelo shook his head.

 

“But we will keep her under control. We can’t let the company loose face because of her jealousy.” Hyosung promised. “By the way, do you guys know who will be Most Wanted’s manager? I heard he is a famous Korean celebrity.”

 

-Incheon International Airport-

 

The three girls walked out of the plane with an indescribable feeling of excitement mixed with worry. The fact that they had reached their new home made them uneasy, but in a good way.

 

“Oh God, oh God!” Nika skipped excitedly as they made their way to the luggage claim. “Korea is so pretty!”

 

They had been more than sixteen hours in a plane and during that time the girls had enough time to put their feelings under control and to promise themselves that they would put their careers over their personal issues.

 

“Nika, we haven’t even gotten out of the airport yet.” Kira giggled at the younger girl’s silliness.

 

“But she is right.” Aria took a deep breath. “Even the air feels different.”

 

“This may actually be a good place to start all over again.” Kira said. “Korea will see what Most Wanted is all about.”

 

“Hey, who is picking us up?” Nika asked the other two as they picked their luggage and headed outside.

 

A designated driver will pick you up and drive you to your apartment, where the stylists will prepare you for Def Jam’s inauguration this evening.” Aria read the instructions that Stan gave her the day before.

 

“I had forgotten all about that party.” Nika said. “Ugh, I’d rather just stay in the apartment and sleep for eternity.”

 

“Can’t we just skip it?” Kira asked tentatively. She was dying to go out and explore every corner of their new country.

 

“Of course not!” Aria suddenly halted, startling Nika and Kira. “We’re Def Jam’s only recording artists. We ARE the inauguration. This party is for us.”

 

“Yes ma’am.” Nika and Kira saluted at the same time.

 

“Excuse me, are you three Most Wanted?” A man in his forties asked in Korean, which took the girls by surprise.

 

“Y-Yes.” Aria nodded awkwardly, trying to sound as fluent in Korean as she could manage.

 

“I’m your new manager, Park Tae Sung.” The man bowed. “It is very nice to finally meet you.”

 

“The pleasure is ours.” Kira smiled and bowed. The other two followed her example.

 

“You girls must be tired. Please follow me, the car is this way.” The manager pointed at the parking lot. “Oh, and we had to include a few body guards, as well. Stay close to me and everything will be fine.”

 

“Why would we need any bodyguards? It’s not like-“ Nika tried to say, but as soon as they stepped out of the airport, her words were overpowered by an explosion of screams that came from hundreds of fans.

 

“Seems like Most Wanted is not only popular in America.” The new manager winked at the girls.

 

“No way…” Aria mumbled. The truth is she was expecting one or two fans. Not the huge mass of people that practically took over the whole parking lot.

 

“I love Korea.” Nika said with delight, her eyes starting to fill with tears.

 

As they struggled to get through he crowd, they were bombarded with presents, flowers, handshakes, and letters. They wanted to stay and spend more time with their loving fans, but the company had other plans for them.

 

It took them about an hours to finally reach their new home. It was a moder building located right in the middle of the city, a few block from the Han river and all the major entertainment companies.

 

“If I knew we were going to be given an apartment like this, I would’ve moved to Korea a long time ago.” Kira said as she sat in the balcony of their brand new penthouse. “I mean, this is nicer than my place back in the States.”

 

“Stan really out did himself this time.” Aria smiled, thanking their former manager in her head.

 

“Guys, did you take a look at the bedrooms?!” Nika peeked her head through the balcony door. “I think I just died and went to heaven.”

 

“If it wasn’t for the horde of stylists in the living room, I could actually feel at home.” Aria looked at the bunch of unfamiliar people in their living room. They had brought lights, mirrors, makeup chairs, and tons of dresses. Suddenly, it seemed like the shooting site for a music video rather than a normal apartment.

 

“Um, Kira Darnell?” A nervous stylist called for Kira in a very weird pronunciation.

 

“I’ll be right there!” Kira said. “Well, I guess it’s time to get ready.”

 

One by one they called each of the girls to get them ready and to put their dresses on. Aria ended up in a golden one-sleeved evening gown. Her hair was tied over one of her shoulders and neatly curled at the ends. Kira was now wearing a silver halter dress with a pretty exposing cleavage on the back. Her red hair stood out so much that the stylist decided she did not needed any hair style. Nika’s strapless dress was a beautiful bronze color. The front of the skirt was short while the back was long and wavy. Her hair was combed to a side and a sparkling hairband added the final touches.

 

“Are we going to a reception party or to meet the queen of England?” Aria grimaced ever so slightly at her extremely elegant get up.

 

“I think we look great.” Nika ran her hands over her dress’ expensive fabric.

 

“The dress is beautiful, but…” Kira tilted her head as she observed herself in the mirror. “Isn’t this a bit too much?”

 

“That is the idea, girls.” The manager walked in wearing a nice looking tuxedo. “Your goal tonight is to give a strong impression. Try to look confident and strong. It would also be great if you get to know some other celebrities, as well.”

 

“You got it, boss.” Aria nodded.

 

“Yeah, if Aria doesn’t scare them off first.” Kira whispered to Nika.

 

“And if Nika doesn’t start flirting with everything that has a pulse.” Aria added.

 

“Hey!” Nika stomped her foot. “I’m just naturally kind, that’s all.”

 

“Then keep that “kindness” under control, okay?”

 

“Yeah, yeah.” Nika waved her hand dismissively.

 

“Lets go then.” The manager said.

 

-At the reception party-

 

“Dude, I don’t see them.” Himchan stood on his tiptoes to try and look above the crowded place.

 

“Keep looking!” Zelo urged him. “We HAVE to meet them! It was an order from the President.”

 

The B.A.P. boys had spent the whole afternoon getting ready for this party, but now that they were there the three foreign girls were nowhere to be seen. They were now standing next to the buffet, trying to catch a glimpse of Most Wanted.

 

“They are probably being ambushed my tons of other celebrities.” Daehyun said with resignation.

 

“Yeah, what makes you think they will be walking around as if nothing was-“ Yongjae said, but was interrupted when he bumped into someone. “Oh, I’m sorry!” He turned around and bowed apologetically.

 

A short girl with a plate filled with food smiled and bowed back at him. Then she turned her attention back to the buffet. Her light brown hair and defined foreign features stood out from the rest of the guests.

 

Yongjae suddenly felt someone pulling him from the collar with supernatural strength.

 

“You idiot!” Yongguk wrapped on of his arms around Yongjae’s neck. “That’s one of them!”

 

“What should I say?!” Jongup asked his hyungs nervously.

 

“You?” Himchan scoffed. “What makes you think you’ll be the one to talk to her first?”

 

“I will talk to her.” Youngjae announced. “I was the one who found her!”

 

“What nonsense are you saying? You just bumped into her!” Zelo protested.

 

In the middle of the discussion, the girl approached them without the boys noticing.

 

“Excuse me, but you’re standing in front of that very delicious looking cake.” She stared at the dessert hungrily.

 

“Yeah, uh, go ahead.” Yongguk bowed and they all took a step back.

 

“Thanks!” She replied and proceeded to put a slice of cake in her already filled plate.

 

“What are you doing here?” Daehyun suddenly spurted. The other five rolled their eyes because of the embarrassing question.

 

“Smooth, Daehyun.” Himchan whispered.

 

“Me?” The girl pointed at herself. “I’m eating. Isn’t that what people do when they come to the buffet?” She replied, not with bad intentions but with light humor.

 

“I know, it’s just that, uh, shouldn’t you be with your other members?” Daehyun stuttered.

 

“Probably.” She shrugged. “But hey, when my stomach calls I gotta answer, right?”

 

The boys chuckled at the girl’s extremely carefree character.

 

“My name is Nicole, by the way.” She added. “But call me Nika.”

 

“We’re B.A.P., an idol group here in South Korea. It’s nice to meet you.” Yongguk introduced.

 

“Shut up!” Nika squealed.

 

“Excuse me?” Youngjae said, a little offended.

 

“Kira and Aria are going to be SO jealous when I tell them I already met an idol group!”

 

The six boys were not quite sure how to react. They just stood there awkwardly, as if they were watching an alien that had just landed on earth.

 

“Oh my God I have to go tell them right now!” She said excitedly. “This was our mission for tonight, you see?”

 

“Mission?” Zelo repeated. “What mission?”

 

“Never mind!” Nika shook her head. “I really have to go find them now. I loved meeting you guys.”

 

“Yeah…” The six boys nodded. Then Nika left before even listening their names.

 

“What the hell just happened?” Younjae looked at the others. “I didn’t understood half of whatever she was talking about.”

 

“She said she LOVED meeting me.” Himchan said arrogantly.

 

“Get real, moron.” Yongguk elbowed him in the arm.

 

“She is weirder than me.” Zelo chuckled. “I thought American girls were more, I don’t know, stuck up?”

 

“Are you guys disappointed or what?” Yongguk asked.

 

“Not at all.” They all replied together.