Part 2

Monday 30th April {two shot}

Jonghyun's eyes fluttered open only to be welcomed by a blinding white light.

"Taemin-ah?" He asked almost as soon as he found his voice.

Within seconds he found many strange faces looking over him, all with weird looking objects and creepy surgical masks on.

One of the people gave him an odd look and bent in closer.

"Sorry Lee Taemin didn't make it. Something moved his arm while he was unconscious and the shock killed him!" Jonghyun's eyes widened in disbelief. This couldn't of happened. He held his hand, so it was all his fault?!

The guilt wracked the singer, he started paniking; shaking and sweating uncontrollably, his breath shallow.

"I-I KILLED HIM?" He shouted. Then suddenly the feeling of falling spread throughout him.

His body jurked and his eyes flew open again. Blurry but working.

He was in a room, not the same room but still an unfamiliar one. There were people there but not with masks. A cry was heard over some beeps. The people above him doubled as a few farmiliar faces appeared. Even though he knew them, he couldn't name them.

"J-j-jongh-hyun, Jjong? I-it's me Key! Y-you're awake!" Key cried, tears of worry, pain and relief flowed down his face.

Jonghyun couldn't reply though, he wanted to so badly but all he could muster was a wide eyed blink.

'Key... I think I know that name... but... ah why can't I remember?'

There were more voices but he couldn't make out what they were saying. 'Key's' was sticking out like a sore thumb, saying how worried he was and how he had been asleep for a couple of days.

The medical staff had thinned out a bit so now he could keep his attention on the worried boy beside him with the big puffy, red eyes and tear streaked face.

"Onew and Minho are fine, well, healthy. And now you're awake,"

Jonghyun didn't really care about whoever these people were though. He just desperately wanted to ask about Taemin, about his son. But still his voice would not work. Resulting in him opening and closing his mouth like a fish. When Key saw this he guessed what the vocalist wanted to know.

"...We haven't heard from Taemin yet. He's been in surgery just like you," Jonghyun's eyes widened. "But we haven't heard anything since. But i'm s-scared!" He broke down into sobs again. "They would of told us if he's ok right. Normaly they do don't they. Well they talked to manager hyung but they won't tell me, Minho or O-Onew..." That was it. He had finally broken down.

'Key' had run out of the room leaving a rather confused Jonghyun.

'Manager hyung? I think I know him... omo yes I remember. But why do I not remember 'Key', 'On-Onsomething', and 'Minho(?)'? They must be important, they know Taemin...' 'Ah I hate this so much' 

He tried to sit up but it was just impossible. The effort it took him just to lift his head was enough to completely tire him out, making him fall back into a restless slumber.

XXX

It was 4 days later and Jonghyun was more with it; rested and coming to terms with his injuries. His memory had come back, takin a heap of worry of the other's minds, but his voice had still not returned. If he wanted to communicate with anyone he would use an ipad Minho had given him.

Even though Jonghyun seemed to be getting better, it appeared that the others were worsening. Key had become a bag of worry; often breaking down. Minho was stupidly quiet even for him and Onew just never smiled. 

The manager was still keeping secrets. He would come in and check on Jonghyun every day to see how he was doing and to check his voice. He would always leave after a few minutes though, with an anxious look about him.

Manager Choi came in to check on Jonghyun again with Onew, Key and Minho trailing behind.

"How's the voice Jonghyun?" 

Jonghyun only replied by opening his mouth then shaking his head. Something they had all gotten used to by now.

"Well oh well it will come back in time, that's what the doctors said... I really hope they're right!" It wasn't normal to see this but manager Choi was slightly teary eyed. He had to admit it, he had grown very attached to these kids and hated to see them in pain.

"I have some news..." He started, "About T-Taemin..."

Everyone's attention was competely on him now. Even Key who's eyes had already started to flood at the sound of the younger boy's name.

"There's good news and bad news. I'll say the good news first,"

He perched on the edge of Jjong's bed and others gathered, Jonghyun now being able to it up.

"Taemin's alive, breathing on his own now-"

"ARE YOU SAYING HE WASN'T BREATHING BEFORE?!" Key screached, breathing heavily.

"Well... no... but he is now and that's all that matters. They said he's lucky to be alive so be happy..."

There was a deadly silence, eithen if it was only for a few seconds, it felt like it dragged out for hours. 

"Happy," Key breathed "If only..."

Manager Choi wiped a tear that was threatening to fall away.

"There is the bad news though, I feel it is my job to tell you. Not just as your manager but as your friend."

Everyone nodded in agreement, not daring to distract him from what he was going to say.

"When you were in the accident, Taemin's right leg was crushed by the other vehicle. Most of the bones on the right side of his body were broken and his lung was punctured. But his leg was completely crushed... s-so they h-h-had t-to..."

He never finished what he was saying as he completely lost it. Onew on the other hanf composed himself and finished the elder's sentence. "Amputate?!"

Manager Choi just nodded. This was shocking for all of them. Their little baby Taemin had been injured so badly and they couldn't do anything about it.

Key followed in the foot steps of Manager hyung and broke down. Minho sank to the floor clutching his head to conseal the tears. Jonghyun grabbed the pillow and burried his face. While Onew simply walked out. Heading for the intensive care unit where Taemin would most likely be.

Once he got there he went straight for the desk.

"Lee Taemin! I need to see him... please...?" The nurse could hear the desperation in his voice and the tears in the corners or his redening eyes.

She told him to wait a minute while she talked to a doctor. She seemed to be gone an awful long time, Onew was getting anxious. She finally came back with a hand full of paper setting them on the desk.

"Doctor Kwon said you could go in for a little amount of time but really not very long. We are aware of your situation but this is a big acception. We would not let you in if we didn't know."

Onew felt like kissing the nurse, he really did. He quickly signed all the forms and followed her down the corridor.

"I'm surprised though," the nurse said "you're his first visitor or well the first person to ask to see him. Mr Choi was asking about his condition but never once asked to visit."

They arrived outside the door where a man in a white coat was waiting.

"Hello I'm doctor Kwon. I'm incharge of the care of mr Lee. Anything you want to ask before we go in?"

Onew shook his head and so they entered.

The lights were amazingly bright, surprising anyone could sleep with them on. Onew, who had enter with his head down slowly started to raise it. Looking along the floor, then to the legs of the bed then finally to the shape on the matress. He stood with his mouth agape. Manager Choi wasn't lying. Under the covers there was the clear line of a leg but the other just stopped half way down. Clasping his hand over his mouth Onew started silently yet uncontrolably sobbing.

'Why Taemin-ah?! Why you and not me? It's all my fault!' He rolled up into a ball and stayed there until he felt the soft hand of the nurse on his shoulder.

Of what was visible of the maknae he looked like a mummy. All bandages and casts, barely any flesh showing.

XXX

2 years later and the Shinee members were piling into their van. It was the night of their comeback. Something the whole Kpop world had been looking foreward to since that day.

"Everyone hurry up, we're going to be late for our own comeback!" Key yelled helping Taemin in. The boy had taken well to his new leg. Even though it was a shock to not have a real leg anymore he tried to make the most of it. Claiming he was a robot. But often at night he would cry himself to sleep or have terrible nightmares.

Even though Shinee had been the talk of all of South Korea they had not once been interviewed even though thwy had been followed enough.

An hour later they were ready to perform. They all walked onto the stage recieving many chears, screams and gasps as they saw they saw for real Taemin's new artificial leg through the gaps in his ripped trousers. All rumors of photoshopping had gone out of the window.

"Hello we are the shining shinee!" They all chorused. Before introducing their selves.

"Since the accident 2 years ago we have been through a lot. Not just as individuals but as a family, a shining family." Onew started.

"Ne, we would like to thank all of you for your support and help, we have needed it. While me and Taeminnie were recovering we read a lot of your encouragement and it was wonderful."

"It did help a lot. As Onew hyung was saying though we have been through a lot. But we have decided to make the most of everything we have" Taemin pulled up his trouser leg revealing his customised new leg. "And even though it has taken a whilen we are back and much better then ever!"

There was a loud cheer from the audience. The lights went out, shinee formed their positions and the music started.

~x~o~x~

Hewwo eveyone! I officially finished compulsary education yesturday so i had time to write. But the internet stopped working so I had to post it today! I may... one day... maybe turn this into an actual full story. I loved the idea and I kept having new ideas while writing.

Please comment and tell me what you thought and if i should extend. And while you're at it you can check out my other stories maybe...?! ^^

Anyway love you all! Bye! :3