02

But You're A Guy!

I bitterly walked to my last class: Make-Up Design. Only girls were pouring in, and no boys. I really thought I was going to be the only boy until Baekhyun walked through the door. I lightened up at that fact a little. He took a seat right next to me, and I waved at him. He looked away, but I knew he saw me. Aish..was this boy taught any manners?

I internally groaned when Yoomi walked through the door with her girlfriends. Her laugh shook the whole room, and I cringed at the sound. She sat in front of me with her friends.

"Hey ," She turned around and said to me, and I could hear other girls snickering.

I looked down at the floor as I accepted her insult. It's okay, Seungjoon, I told myself. But the thing is, it really wasn't. 

The teacher then came in surprising us all with her loud voice. "Oh~ There's boys! Assa!" She exclaimed happily.

I looked at Baekhyun and gave him a weird look and he sheepishly smiled. At least he smiled. 

"I know today is your first day, but you guys already have a project!" She squealed and we all groaned outloud. "Ayyyee! It's not bad. Your assignment is to get to know your partner. In a few moments, you will partner up with someone you do not know, preferably. You will ask them a few questions; for example, what kind of make-up products they wear, what's their favorite brands, their make-up routine, etc. You don't have to worry about anything because this is a very easy assignment."

The room started to grow with chatter and everyone was looking around for a partner.

"Now go find your partners!"

Everybody ran like tigers to that one person they had eye contact with earlier. I looked around the room but everyone seemed to already have a partner. 

"I-I guess w-we're partners..." I looked up to find a blushing Baekhyun looking down at the ground. 
"That's cool," I smiled at him and he nodded furiously which I found strangely cute. "Let's start with making up questions first." I led him and he nodded. 

The class was happily conversing with their new friend when the teacher interrupted the class, and told us we had to get started on other lessons. 

wink

As I was packing my bag for the day's end, I found a purple note hidden in it. I opened up the note:

"Don't let those words bring you down! Seungjoon-ssi hwaiting~"

I looked around the classroom curious to know who sneaked the note in there, but saw that everyone was busy chatting. I just shrugged and stuffed it in my bag to think about later. I walked up to Baekhyun.

"Hey Baekhyun-ssi," I waved, "Wanna come over this afternoon and work on the project? I like to get things done earlier if that's okay with you." 
"Uh, sure..." He agreed almost hesitantly. 

I nodded, gave him my address, and waved goodbye.

When I walked out, Sungwoo was already waiting for me. She waved happily at me, and I forced a smile and waved back. She linked her arm around mine. My heart felt heavy suddenly, and it wasn't a good feeling. It was the feeling of guilt. I knew I made a bad choice and things will turn into a mess sooner or later. 

"Hello oppa~ How was your last class?" She smiled at me.
"It was okay," I slightly smiled at her. 
"Are you okay, oppa?"
I nodded and unlinked my arm awkwardly. "I have to go somewhere or I'll be late." 
"Oh..okay. I'll see you later then." She pouted and walked to her friends. 

Of course I had no where to go. I just needed to get away from this reality and think of everything out. 

When I arrived home, I greeted no one in particular. It was only me and this quiet house. It's been like that since I was born, pretty much with my parents away on trips all the time. Plus, I shoo-ed away the maids and chefs. They only come back when mother and father comes home. I bet they're glad to be paid for doing nothing.

I must admit though, it gets lonely, but I like having the house all to myself. Not for stupid let's-get-drunk-and-do-drugs-and-get-pregnant parties. But for peace and quiet. I like spending most of my time thinking of things. Random things, personal things, stupid things, educational things, etc. And now it's time to think about the Seungjoon and Sungwoo thing. 

I threw my school bag carelessly on the floor and laid on my bed. However, instead of thinking, I feel straight to sleep. 

cheeky

I was awaken by the doorbell which was pressed mulitple times. I quickly sat up remembering about Baekhyun, got out of bed, ran downstairs, and opened the gate to let him in. 

"Ah Baekhyhun-ssi, I almost forgot about you," I nervously said when I met up with him outside, but he was only amazed at my house. I snickered at his silliness and led him inside. 

"Is your parents home?" He gasped while aweing and staring at the family portraits.  

I shook my head, not telling him more than that. "I'm going to get some snacks before we begin," I said as he sat on the couch in the den.

When I came back with oreos and water, Baekhyun was taking sheets out of his backpack. 

"Here's our questions for each other. You want to go first or me?" He asked as he handed me my question sheet. 

Baekhyun's POV

I smirked at his disheveled hair. I imagined that he was sleeping when I rang the doorbell, and quickly got out of bed to open the gate for me. I had the urge to reach out and pat down the chunk of hair that was sticking up, but stopped myself. Instead, I just studied his handsome features, and couldn't take my eyes off his face as he explained things. I was admiring his face when I felt someone poke my cheek. 

"Hey. Are you paying attention?" Seungjoon questioned. 
"Sorry," I answered with a flustered face. 
"It's okay," Seungjoon smiled. 

I uncontrollably blushed at his smile and finally took the project seriously. 

"So do you even wear any make-up?" Seungjoon inquired. 
I tapped my chin in thought. "Well, I don't really wear anything but concealer and foundation. Sometimes I wear eyeliner in the mood." 

Seungjoon continued to scribble down my answers and interrogate me for the next 20 minutes, and I did the same to him. 

When we finally finished Seungjoon sighed in relief. 

"Thanks for having me here Seungjoon-ssi," I slightly bowed after I finished packing everything up.
"You're not going to stay for a little longer? I promised you to show you around."
"W-well..I don't want to waste your time.." I stuttered. 
"No problem! It's not like I have anything better to do," Seungjoon smiled. "Come follow."

The interior of the house was very elegant, but I was more interested in the garden in his backyard. Different types of flowers were planted all over the place, and a fountain was placed in the very middle. There were also cherry blossoms on either side of the fountain, and it reflected in the water which gave off a beautiful image.

"My mom loves gardening. My favorite memory of her was helping her garden her favorite flowers: forget-me-not." 

I look over at Seungjoon who was smiling, but sadness was clearly visible in his eyes. 

"Well, you guys did a good job because this is lovely," I beamed and he smiled back.

We stood there for a moment admiring the view until I interrupted it. 

"It's getting late. I should go.." I muttered awkwardly. 
"Oh, sorry," Seungjoon chuckled.

I followed him around the house to the front.

"Thanks for inviting me," I waved and left. 

My mind was still racing after I left his place. I clutched my chest where my heart was beating wildly. 

Baekhyun, today was the luckiest day of your life. 


sorry for not updating for a long time~ hope you guys enjoyed. ;D if you don't mind, not only do i want you guys to JUST read it, i also want you guys to tell me what i should improve in my writing or what i do wrong. thanks in advance~ muuaah~