Chapter 1

I Need a Hero

"What are you talking about?" Luhan whispered.

Sehun turned away from him, shrugging his shoulders. "I'm going home, Luhan." 

"Why?"

Sehun took a step away from Luhan, and then another. Luhan panicked and lunged forward, grabbing back of his rain-soaked shirt. Sehun jerked away from him and knocked his hand down. "Luhan. Don't."

"What is going on?" 

Sehun faced him. There was no expression in his face. "I'm just leaving. I don't want to stay here anymore." His eyes fell to the ground. 

Luhan reached out, the palm of his hand resting just above his boyfriend's heart. Sehun didn't pull away. The Chinese boy slowly stepped in, until their bodies touched. He placed his other hand on Sehun's waist and rested his chin on his shoulder. Sehun froze. Luhan frowned and wrapped both of his arms around him. "Sehun-a," he whispered. 

Sehun took a hold of the other boy's elbows and pushed him away. "We can't do this anymore, Luhan." He took a few steps backwards.

"You're leaving because of me?"

"No," Sehun said, "I just want to move back to Korea."

"Then I'll come, too."

"I don't want you there, Luhan. We can't do this," he said, "It's over."

Luhan's heart dropped, and his hand flew up to it's place to see if it was still beating. "But," he started. Tears welled up in his eyes, "it isn't supposed to end like this." He shook his head and took a step forward. Sehun held his hand up for him to stop. "Sehun-a..." 

"I'm sorry Luhan."

"You said  that you loved me!" Luhan screamed. 

"I know," he said, "and I'm sorry. But I can't." Sehun turned and walked away. 

Luhan watched him go. It felt like he was falling apart. Out of all the people, he would have though Sehun would be the last to hurt him. The least likely to leave him in the rain like this. The boy began to cry, his sobs reducing him to a pile on the wet sidewalk. He sat there for so long, he lost track of time. He just watched the spot where Sehun had been standing, as if he would come back. Tell him it was just a joke. But he didn't.

 

 


 

Sorry this first bit was so depressing, guys. 

It will get better. :)