Starlight

Two Devils (Sequel to Lucifer: The Prince of Darkness)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jieun gazed up into the dark sky. Stars were just beginning to light up the darkness, bringing a feeling of astonishment uncoil inside Jieun. She looked to her side, nudging the boy beside her with her elbow. "Look! You see how bright they are? " The boy blinked at her before turning his gaze towards the sky, "Yeah... they're pretty... "
"I want to be a star too! My mom said that stars were angels looking down upon us.. " The boy looked back to Jieun's giggling face, "Angels... huh? "

-o-

Lightening crackled through the sky. Thunder boomed louder than drums. It was pouring heavily, enough to have puddles form over the grass. Jieun clutched Kai's jacket around her shoulders. Her clothes were already soaked and her attempt to keep her hair dry was failing. She called out Kai's name countless times, looking up and down the streets that were empty and hollow of people. "Kai! Kai, where did you go?! How could you leave me out here?! Kai! " Finally, Jieun gives up and heads towards her own home. She was welcomed with darkness.

"I'm home... " Sighing, Jieun kicks off her shoes and peels off her socks. "Yuck." She trudges up the stairs to her room, replaying what had happened moments ago in her head.

-o-

After getting dragged out of school by Kai, Jieun was expecting to die today. 'This is it. My last day on earth. Good bye Hyosung.. ' She shut her eyes tight, feeling Kai's grip tighten on her hand until they stopped. She was waiting for a blow, or something that would just end it all. But nothing came. Slowly, Jieun opened her eyes and trained her eyes on their intertwined fingers. How perfectly snug they fit together perplexed her greatly.
"Hey. " Jieun looked up to the voice's owner, Kai. "Since my brother gets to sit next to you everyday at school, I get to have you after school. It's compensation for the unfairness. " A boyish grin appears on his face which quickly disappears and gets replaced with the signature smirk. "Now how about we have some fun, shall we? " Before Jieun could utter a word of protest, she realizes that they were in an abandoned amusement park and gets pulled into the house full of mirrors. "Kai-- What are we doing here? " Without a word, Kai pushes her up against a mirror.

"K-Kai.. please.. let me go.. please don't kill me.. " Jieun grabbed onto his arms, trying to push him away but he wouldn't budge. "Kill you? Now why would I do that? " Kai smiles, bringing his hand up to caress Jieun's cheek. "Even if I were to kill you... You'd still be in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter