Escape Me

Stress Reliever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
I never hear the word "escape" / Without a quicker blood, / I never hear of prisons broad / By soldiers battered down - Emily Dickinson XXXVI

 

His toes hovered slightly over briskly cold concrete, his knees were brought up to his chest as his back was leaning against the corner of black. Pure black, not a single light to live off of. A blindness, perhaps temporary or a thickly false assumption that Yunho was going to live through this. The slight smell of damp mildew caught him and in attempt to hide his nose from the smell, he put his head in his arms to then be taken in by his own perfume. The smell wasn't nearly as pleasant, he began to wonder but was cut off with a light -- there, by the bars.

Bars.

Yunho was slightly taken aback and he heard the sound of metal hitting stone, when he lifted his arms he saw chains. Thick links that created an infinite tie until they reached the ceiling where Yunho could hardly reach, his clothes were tattered and stained with a faded red and gray. Dark colors that, when he shuffled to the light, he saw clearly as splatters. His leg had a splitting pain to accompany a sore back and neck, his shoulders tightened suddenly when he put himself in the light. It was to the point of where he could hardly move, where he hardly felt human.

"Escape."

A dark voice broke the silence and the sound of the chains dangling from his wrists and his neck, it rang but it somehow felt as though it were right next to him. He moved his head with a mighty turn, his muscles ached at the movement but his mind blocked it all. All his pains and his thoughts were hidden behind an impediment, something that told him that escape was the only way for him to continue.

Continue what? 

Something, anything. Yunho was desperate, he twisted his neck the other way violently and lunged towards the bars. He put out one hand and began to scream, he screamed for the sake of living for nothing. The tattered gray and red were now torn, bruises formed where his arms forced their way through the bars and where his cheekbones met the cold iron but he didn't stop. He kept pushing, pushing until he felt as though he'd break right then and there to the iron cage he was stuck in. He couldn't stop, he had to escape so one more time he --

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Changmin suddenly woke up at the sound of a holler, when he looked from side to side in panic and saw Yunho sitting up. His back proved how heavily he was breathing and his forehead glistened slightly from a cold sweat, again.

"That's it, I'm calling her." Changmin sat up from the chair he had fallen asleep in and headed to where his phone was charging.

Yunho's voice was hoarse as he softly called to his roommate, "No, it's late at night."

"It's early in the morning, actually." Changmin picked up his cellphone and read 1:46 AM. He let out a harsh sigh, how could Yunho not understand that he needed this? "And you won't talk to me about these dreams you're having so I have no choice to call her, hyung."

He looked up to meet Yunho's gaze. Changmin suddenly felt cold, meeting tired and hollow eyes the one could hardly see through. He's seen these eyes before, nights when Changmin stays over at Yunho's and he wakes up because the man is scared of his own apartment. Dreams, they've been haunting Yunho for a while now. This was only the fourth one that he knew of but seeing how tired Yunho looked at waking up like this, it couldn't have been just the fourth or fifth dream. It had to be frequent, the man looked to be too familiar with this kind of situation.

Yunho hadn't answered, h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter